Ch 2 – Learning is Alright, But What’s Happening Now?
102 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4 Years Old

Hm...I guess I expected too much.

The now four-year-old thought to themselves while eating fruits.

There wasn't a custom of cakes here, or if there was it was only for the higher-ups or maybe just boys.

Adikia's birthday dinner consisted of fruit with honey and fruit juice. Plus the benefit of eating alone with only the two usual maids.

Actually, it was probably just that the others didn't want to come. 

Well, it doesn't taste bad at least...

Off to the side of her stood Neia and Tial discussing something in a low voice.

It's likely the talk of my education, also, did they talk loudly just to make me embarrassed all those times-

An annoying thought, is it the truth?

Well...maybe.


"As a Princess of the Royal Family, the most necessary skill is the ability of courtesy and etiquette," Neia recited before Adikia.

On her side was Tial who gave a small curtsy.

"Here, Tial is demonstrating a common greeting to lower-class nobles who you may greet." 

"Eh, why are there different ways?" The 'innocent' girl asked.

Not skipping a beat the maid answered, "Because of their different statuses, we'll discuss on the names of nobles and their ranks after you learn the basics." 

I feel like this will be a long day...

Adikia was correct.


Baron, Viscount, Earl, Marquess, Duke.

Then the Royal Family.

The order of noble ranks are simple, but there are simply so many nobles.

I have a list at least.

Currently, it was night-time and our dear protagonist was laying in bed.

They were mentally worn-out and both her maids have left for other things.

Does this mean sleep?

No of course not!

Is the narrator going to show us the Noble List?

That's no fun, you get to learn them as they appear!

Does the Author know you're speaking to us?

Ahah, this will be our secret! Please don't tell them.

Anyways, Adikia propped herself up in her bed.

Every night since she learned to walk, Adikia would hone her body by stretching and doing motor exercises.

Nothing severely taxing on her child body of course. Else there would be severe consequences later when she grew up.

Since it's a fantasy world, there's magic and all. But it's not really spoken about.

Occasionally her older sisters would speak healing magic and such and such.

Nothing on the usual trope of attributes and affinities.

Actually, it's probably because it isn't taught to the girls.

From the four years of being in this world, it's clear that females are repressed and looked down upon, how much is questionable. However, occasional visits of any man required tons of preparation to properly welcome them.

The King her father hasn't visited her at all, perhaps when she was born but at the time she couldn't tell.

Honestly, it's aggravating.

Adikia sighed.

"It'll be tough to change the views of even one person, let alone whole nations..."

She couldn't help but utter these words.

AHH Whatever! All it means is that I have to work harder than anyone and be smarter than everyone!

With that thought, she continued her training enthusiastically.


Few Months Later

Huh, where did everyone disappear to?

Adikia woke up to silence, walked around in silence, and was silent.

No one was around, not even Neia and Tial.

Is there a noble visiting or something?

Speaking of which, the place where most consorts and daughters live is separate from where the Princes live.

The place our protagonist resides in is called the 'Flower Courtyard' and is a small place with five princesses and around fifty workers.

As of now, none of the workers could be found and the Courtyard was strangely silent and a bit dim.

"Over here...no no...hey"

Ah where are they?

Adikia hearing some muffled noises followed it, which led to a large door with bright lights seeping from it.

"Careful careful, don't drop it!"

A person she's never seen before was giving instructions.

How does Adikia know that she never saw them? Well, they were male after all.

A bunch of the servants and workers were there preparing different decorations and commodities.

To the side, Adikia spotted her sisters talking quietly, sneaking peeks up every so often at the man.

Who's arrival requires this?

Adikia wondered to herself watching such a commotion through the crack of the door.

Amidst all of this walking, working, and shouting of the man. Tial noticed Adikia peeking in from the door.

Quickly walking over she grabbed the girl's hand and put her with the other girls before the man noticed.

Saying quietly under her breath, "Be good, we'll explain later."

Before hurrying off to more work.

Adikia's sisters weren't silent, they constantly whispered to each other and guessing who would be visiting.

Well, two of them were anyways. The older three glanced and kept their mouth shut. Worry coating their faces.

Seriously, what's up with this.

Sunlight filtered in as the workers tried their best to please.

The Man, who Adikia will now assume is a butler of some sort commanded them about.

After what seemed like an eternity the man finally seemed satisfied and hurridly shooed the cooks to go make some food.

The other workers heaved a sigh of relief as the preparations finished.

Tial finished up her work quickly with Neia's help and walked over to Adikia.

"Sorry for not waking you up, we were suddenly dragged over here to prepare for a Prince's arrival."

"Mmm, it's okay."

"Haha..." She gave a sad laugh.

"Tial get back over here!" A whispered shout towards Tial made her realize that she still needed to do things.

She waved at the little girl before going back.

What did Adikia's sisters think of this? 

Nothing really, they were also taken care of by their maids when they were little. 

It was an unspoken rule to not mess with the littles yet.

Finally, everything was ready as a sharp shout broke the air.

"Prince Navere has arrived!"

Adikia: Hey don't I know this guy?

 

1