Ch 3 – Prince Navere Seems Off
82 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hmm...

As the voice boomed and the door opened, revealing an entourage of people.

Everyone watched carefully as they strutted in with such pride, it was annoying.

In the middle of these people stood a boy with golden hair and eyes that people would kill for, a pristine suit covered their body and an aura seemed to seep from within their bones.

Adikia: Yeah that's Prince Navere all right.

The sound of their boots stopped as the halted and soon the maids and Princesses bowed towards the Prince. Adikia included.

The Prince themselves smiled and there seemed to be a holy glow around them as he said to rise. 

Watching all of this seems surreal.

Her thoughts swirled, their eyes like a dimmed light. 

The sight of such reverence, perhaps it wasn't strange. But, the truth? Truth is, it's merely ingrained.

Haha. I'm still annoyed huh.

The Prince was guided to the head of the table, the Butler gave a deferential smile that seemed perhaps twisted. 

The other Maids guided Adikia and the other Princesses to the other end whilst the cooks arrived with the food.

Here, another boy would taste it, of course not out of disrespect. It's simply a poison taste-tester.

"Thank you for your gracious welcome." The Prince said as he ate the food after the tester.

"Oh no no, this is just a simple thing, we can not take Prince's thanks," The Butler quickly replied.

"That isn't right, it's me who decided to come and trouble all of you!"

"If you say so Prince."

In the end, the Butler surrendered to that Prince's words.

He turned his attention to the girls sitting across. 

"Hello there, I've only met one of you before, Kali was it?" His voice was soft like a lullaby.

As for Kali, Adikia glimpsed over, it was the girl who claimed to have met Prince Navere.

She glanced at the others with a 'told you so' look and then spoke.

"Yes, thank you for remembering this Humble One's name."

The breakfast continued like this, Prince Navere was soft-spoken and engaged in talks with the other girls as well as Adikia.

In general, they were much more different than all the other Prince's and likely other males as well, of course maybe she was mistaken, but it can't be helped with what some of the books say.

An hour passed and Prince Navere finished and said their good dues.

The servants cleaned the place and the others left, eventually, Adikia's maids brought her back to her room.

"Why was a Prince here?"

As the door closed behind her, Adikia's question rang out.

Neia gave a sigh, "It seems the Prince decided to visit the Courtyard to bond with you and the other Princesses, this has never happened before so we are unsure."

Adikia gave an innocent nod, oh how innocent.

Hmm, strange. That Prince also spoke with such a sickly sweet voice.

With the day passing as normal excluding the morning, Adikia mulled over why the Prince would come over here for a baseless reason.

So they either want spies from the girls so that he can get the throne, actually cares about the girls, or is some sort of sadist or pervert.

These sorts of thoughts filled their mind.

However...

He wouldn't be coming back right? That guy caused so much trouble for everyone, it's such a pain.


The Next Day

Sitting on the other side of the table was the cheerful smile of Prince Navere, once again they have arrived and even the other Princesses seem quite confused.

And this continued, every week the Prince would come and eat breakfast in the courtyard, gossip ran amok with all the staff.

For Adikia and her maids...well she was just being taught in lessons.

"There aren't only Elves that exist in our world, there are also creatures known as Humans who live in a kingdom far away from us, they like to kidnap people of our race and force them as slaves. A barbaric type of magic-item they use..." (Neia)

"I don't get it, why do they need slaves?" (Adikia)

"It's because they don't want to do their own work, rather savage beings." (Neia)

"Lately there's even some talk of them-" 

Tial was cut off by a sharp glance from the other maid and quickly shut her mouth.

Hm? What was she going to say...Well something a young girl shouldn't hear obviously, but ah it seems humans in this world aren't good either. Wonder if there's other fantasy races?

"Neia Neia, is there other races other than Humans and Elves?" 

"Ah yes, there's a small tribes of people known as Beastmen that our adventurers encounter every so often, they aren't hostile and it seems some of them have been captured by Humans as well," She continued, "Lastly there are the Dwarves, they usually live underground but they do much trading with everyone. Other species are few and far between and you do not need to know."

"Ooohh..."

I wonder what they look like, but there are no picture books of them...I've been wondering though, this seems like much more important things to learn than etiquette and whatnot those sisters of mine learn.

Her thought was cut short by Neia who continued on with her lesson.

I'll think about it later.


Finishing her nightly training, Adikia stared at the ceiling from her bed.

Say it's a viable thought but would they really do that.

The thought our Protagonist was thinking of was this sort of idea,

Making girls learn at least the basics of the world so the Elves don't seem incompetent, as secondary education and manners as the main?

Technically that's all that's needed right? Women from what I heard from Tial usually do the delicate work of things and aren't involved with much power, but this also means usually they don't get to do anything they want. Hah, I need to get out of here and see what it's like for normal girls and women...Ten...six more years until I go to the Academy...

So, the young girl thought as she drifted off to sleep. 

0