Ch 4 – What Could You Call Elves Again?
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8 Years Old

Midnight

Haa...this is still annoying to do huh?

She sighed and closed the book she was reading.

Sneaking out at night and grabbing a book would probably warrant a death penalty if anyone found out.

Her eyebrows creased together as she thought to herself.

Our Kingdom of Karametra is located in the Forest of Illusions with the Human Kingdom of Iroas directly opposite in the plains.

The Beastmen Tribes have different names for each tribe and are scattered around the world, though most of them are near forests.

Then lastly, the Dwarven Empire of Forgus lay underground in intricate channels, caves, and sometimes mountains.

Sneaking off the bed, Adikia tucked the book close to her body and moved out to the window.

Out of these civilizations, the Elven Kingdom is most attuned with magic including the Fox Tribe known as Kittus. 

Humans are more balanced and the Dwarves are physically and machinery based. The Beastmen have the widest range of abilites.

'hyup'

With a small noise, the small red-haired girl dropped down to a low tree.

I can't really find more in-depth information no matter how much I look though. Such a nuisance.

Taking advantage of her light body, the girl moved through the trees swiftly. 

Hm, but by the looks of it the Human and Elves really hate each other, most of the books were just dissing the humans as fiends and grotesque beings who can do nothing but live off of others.

A couple of knights guarded the perimeter, guarded as in, taking a nap. They seem to hold the belief that no one would dare infiltrate the place where the royal daughters live.

Or they simply didn't care.

Her eyes narrowed slightly as she put some strength in her legs to catapult herself outside the courtyard's grounds.

She's been doing this since last year when even asking Tial and Neia brought up nothing as they had no clue as well. At first, she had to be extremely careful and chickened out many times. Took even longer to find the grand library.

Well, that's all in the past now.

Ever so sneakily she arrived on a tree next to a window. The window of course being the entrance to said library.

Making sure no passerby was near, Adikia jumped onto the window's ledge and slowly opened it up.

Should be on the third shelf...

Maneuvering her body inside the room, she slowly shut the window back in place.

Then, tip-toeing over, she slid the book in place and was about to look for anything else useful when suddenly, footsteps.

'Tap, tap, tap'

...#################################################################

Once again a string of curse words that should not be seen or heard by anyone of respectful standard.

Whilst thinking of such obscene words, Adikia knew that the light from the window would give them away and decided on the spot to go under a wooden table in an obscure spot.

'Click'

The door was opened and soft light was emitted from the other side of the room.

Lowering the sound of her breath as much as she could, Adikia heard two sets of footsteps approaching where she hid.

Nonono, make them not see me, make them not see me!

It was better not to have to fight her way out of this, too many unknown risks and she would become wanted if they managed to see her appearance, and unfortunately for her, she had red hair that was only prevalent in the royal family.

A dangerous situation.

Yes this is what it was, dangerous.

"Have the plans gone accordingly?" (Unknown Man 1)

"Indeed, all the preparations are set. We should prepare for Phase 2." (Unknown Man 2)

As they conversed of an unknown plan, they continued, step by step nearer and nearer to the table Adikia was under.

"Have you brought that book?" (Unknown Man 2)

"Of course, wouldn't dare to forget such an important thing." (Unknown Man 1)

Adikia tried to keep a sound mind, 

Maybe they'll just pass by me, I shouldn't overreact, I shouldn't move just yet.

Her wish was not to be.

The glowing light of the lantern paused right in front of her, and she could see the robes and boots of two men illuminated by the light.

"Hm? What's this?" (Unknown Man 2)

The man reached down and just as Adikia thought she was found and was ready to strike, the man stood up again.

Huh???

"Ah a leaf, must have flown in when the library opened its windows." (Unknown Man 1)

"Yes you're right, sorry for interrupting our conversation, let us continue." (Unknown Man 2)

With those words, they continued onwards to the deeper end of the library.

Until Adikia could no longer hear their steps for minutes, did she finally release a long breath.

I was directly in the light from that Magic Lantern, how was I not seen by that person? Should I just consider it a miracle and count my blessings haha.....

Laying down her head slightly in exasperation, the girl finally noticed something off about her body, or rather, the absence of it.

E-ehhhhhhh? What's this?

She moved her hand in front of her, or well what she felt as her hand, but still, nothing could be seen.

I can clearly sense it so why...Who am I kidding, I'll figure this out later. I need to get out of here.

Taking advantage of her invisibleness, she hurriedly went to the window and opened it up. Quickly leaving the place after leaving no traces.

With a hip and a hop, Adikia arrived back to her bed. Grabbing a candle, she crawled under her blanket and lit it up. 

Right...so how am I like this right now...? If everyone could do this I'm sure Neia would have told me. Wait well, would they really teach females that? Or maybe they think it's useless?

Pondering over this, Adikia suddenly saw her hand, plus body, come back into existence. 

"Ah."

A thought struck her at this moment.

"Aren't Elves known as Fey sometimes?"

 

 

2