Chapter 2- August 15, 2010
1.5k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Tomoki Aki, I was born into a loving family with a brother and younger sister. I just turned 10 yrs old, I was born on July 21, 2000. I have already made a lot of friends at my elementary school. I always strived to make my parents happy and studied very hard, earning a spot on being an honor student.

Now I’m enjoying running around the neighborhood again. Since when I was a kid I always enjoyed running. That’s why I’m now considering joining the track and field club. Running through the neighborhood, I took a break when I finally reached a playground. There I saw a girl like me but with yellow hair and red eyes. I was spooked for the first time I saw her because of her menacing eyes.

But when I saw her sad face it didn’t stop me from getting near her. 

“Hey, are you alright?” I asked, the girl stared at me with surprise and nodded. 

“Is that so? You seem to be sad, my name is Tomoki Aki! What’s yours?” I said cheerfully and offered her my hand. 

“I-I’m Kazuki Hana! Nice to meet you Tomoki-san!” She shook my hands quickly, I held her hands with my other hand to stop it since I felt like my hands were about to break.

“Then nice to meet you, Hana! Also, call me Aki! If you like..” I said sadly, she quickly panicked when she saw me sad and was fretting in what to do. 

“I’m so sorry! Please don't cry!  Nice to meet you again A-Aki!” She said quickly still panicking. I grabbed her hands and dragged her.

“Nice to meet you again to Hana! Now let’s play to make you forget the memories that make you sad!” I said cheerfully and she looked at me with a smile.

We played around the playground. The seesaw or the slide we played everything we can do. I was so glad that we both enjoyed it, when the sun was about to fall we both promised to play again tomorrow. I made my way to our house, both of my parents saw me and told me to take a bath. I remembered Hana’s smiles and I felt happy giggling while showering.

The day finally ended with me eating my dinner, spending time with my family, and sleeping. Waking up I made my way to the bath, preparing myself for school. I quickly thought of Hana and it makes me wish that time flows fast quickly. I was brought to school by my father in his car, going down, and making my way to the classroom.

I took a seat and was chatting with my other friends when our teacher announced a new student. When the teacher opened the door I was surprised to see that it was Hana. Hana also saw me and stiffened for a moment, I smiled and waved at her in which she did before she introduced herself to the class.

She took a seat near me and was smiling. I felt happy seeing her smile and that I can also play with her in school. I can also introduce her to my best friend Yuki, I'm sure we can all enjoy playing games or tag. The class finally ended and was about to invite Hana, then she was suddenly surrounded by all of my classmates. All of them asking her where she is from and if they could be her friend.

I can’t go through them to get Hana. I climbed on my table and saw the boys I played with, I quickly shouted cannonball and jumped to them. The boys were surprised and I landed on them making us all fall down the floor. Which made us all laugh and the other kids quickly joined. Amidst the fun new kind of game, I made I took Hana’s hand and led her out before break time starts.

We made our way to the cafeteria and took a seat on a 4 seater table. I know how quickly Yuki is when it comes to breaking time. She’s much faster than everyone else in making sure she gets the first come first serve best serving. 

“Aki, why are we here?” Hana said while looking around the cafeteria. 

“It’s almost break time and I also want to introduce you to my best friend Yuki,” I said and finally waved at the certain white-haired who appeared.

Yuki saw me and quickly grabbed a tray. Getting her own serving of food before she sat on our table. 

“This is the first time your here first Aki,” Yuki said putting her tray down. 

“I know, but I really want to introduce you to my new friend! This is Kazuki Hana!” I said cheerfully and nudged Hana to speak. 

“I-I’m Kazuki Hana nice to meet you!” Hana offered her hand in which Yuki shook. 

“My name is Saki Yuki, call me Yuki instead Hana-san,” Yuki said in a cool way.

“Sure Yuki! Also please call me Hana instead.” Hana said in which Yuki nodded.

My stomach rumbled and the beast in it awakened. It’s roar made Yuki and Hana look at me, I instantly turned red and left to get my serving of food. I heard both girls laughed at me before Hana followed me. We talked with each other while enjoying our food. 

“Yuki, me and Hana will be playing later in the playground near our house. Do you want to join us?” I said, Yuki thought about it a bit before nodding. 

“Since there’s three of us I want to play tag later,” Yuki said which made me feel giddy since I can now show off how fast I run to Hana.

Our break time ended and Yuki bid us goodbye before going back to her classroom. We took our seat listening to our teacher’s lessons waiting for the school to end. The bell rang signifying the end of the school. We left our classroom and waited at the school’s gate. Hana left me for a moment to tell her guard that she would be playing with us. 

Yuki finally appeared and ran to us, we made our way to the playground to play. While the three of us hummed a familiar song on the way. When we finally reached the playground we decided to play tag first. Hana ends up as the to chase us and we ran away from her. Hana was surprised at how fast I run that made me smirk.

”Heh, nobody can best me when it comes to running.” I said while Yuki came near us. 

”I’ve heard that it also affects your body, maybe that's why you look like a male.” Yuki said and I hand chopped her forehead quickly.

”Don’t say that! I will grow as beautiful as my mother!” I said while Yuki glared at me.

”I bet you will be growing like a cutting board.” Yuki said before she ran away and I chased her.

Hana was laughing at both of us while I kept chasing Yuki. I then start to hear a voice disrupting my dream.

25