Chapter 4: I’m still normal right? Right? (Part4) End
51 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Shinichijo’s POV

 

Inside the darkness I was standing alone for a long time, so I started walking in a straight line? I don’t know I just kept walking thinking something might happen if I just walk and walk. Many hours later or not, I don’t know, something started forming in front of me a few meters away so I stopped walking and stared at it.

 

“….!?” I was shocked as moments later when a half-face and skull of a woman and a body covered in black cloth formed. The way the cloth moves was mysterious as if it was alive or something, her lustrous silky black hair shining.

 

“Ah~ Ahh~ Can you hear me?” The woman talked as if testing her voice I nodded subconsciously. “Good” Her voice was so was also very enigmatic making me want to hear it more.

 

“….Who are you? Where am I?” I started in a simple and honest question. “Hmmmm….. If I were to answer that…. I would be the Goddess of Death that governs obviously the life and death of this world and right now you are in my domain between life and death.”

 

“….Eh? Then I’m dead?” “….Well you are, so do you want to revive as a Hero in another world or reincarnate as a baby in another world?” She said smiling optimistically.

“What? What about my parents and sister?” I started trembling I didn’t even know how I died!! Oh no…. my little sister…. Mom, Dad…

 

“…. So what is your answer human?” She said as she got near me and touches my face with her hand, who’s looking down perplexed. I looked up at her, her eyes are red and shining brightly…. Beautiful.

 

“….I-I don’t know, c-can I go back?” “…Human, you know you can’t” She said as she’s now patting my hair gently, somehow I felt comfortable and my body stopped trembling.

 

Tears are now gathering on my eyes but she brushes them with her hand and gently raise my bangs… But now her hands are trembling….

 

“…..Pfft” She blows air between her lips and slowly covered them with her hand and looked away I don’t know if she’s laughing at my face or something else….

 

“….Is there something on my face?” I said as I slowly touched my face. “Pffft!! Ahahahah! Cough! Cough!” She just choked on her on spit….

 

“….”I stared at her face confusedly “Ahhh~ my bad, cough, I just can’t help teasing you Inochiyama Shinichijo-kun” She said as she cough and apologizes.

 

“…Wait you know my name?” “Hmmm? Of course! Ahahahah, crap hahaha, I can’t believe you actually believe what I said earlier lol” She’s now rolling on the ground.

 

“So I’m not actually dead or something right?” “Yeah! I’m just here to say something to you, I bet you can’t remember me laughing at you when you got scared by a ghost at 3:00 a.m. In the morning” She said as stopped laughing and sits cross-legged while brushing her tears.

 

“…Laughing at me? ….Ahhhh!!! You’re the one mocking me right!!!! And it’s your fault about the ghost thing?” I sighed in disbelief and sat weakly on the ground too.

 

“So are you going to change me back? I can’t stand seeing a bloody or dismembered ghost…. I didn’t even think they were real…”

 

“Ahhh~ nope~ actually I’m here to say that I have something to give to you to help them get here at my domain”

 

“….Why me? And aren’t there are so many ghosts here and the death rate in this world are high right?” Am I being punished for something I haven’t done? But I didn’t even get close to anyone since grade school… Now I’m depressed thinking about it….

 

“Hmm? No, actually there’s only little on earth you know? Even though the death rate is high but the ghosts that are bound on earth are actually little.”

 

“….Okay, but you haven’t answered my first question why me?” “…That, I can’t answer for now if you want to know you should liberate ghost, and earn some point for me right~?” She smirked as she winked at me, somehow I’m irritated the way she smirked and winked at me.

 

“…Points? And wait you said something about giving something to me?”

 

“Finally, we're getting on the main subject” She said…. You’re the one who teased me about being dead and all! But I can’t say that to her. “You know that… I can read your mind while you’re here right? I feel embarrassed when you said I’m beautiful and enigmatic earlier.” She says as she fidgets around… The veins on my forehead are bulging ready to burst….

 

“You did not say it!!!!” I retorted as I shout. “Well, calm down and come here for a sec.” She said as she waves her hands invitingly. I sighed and came to her.

 

“I 『******』The God of death give this human (Shinichijo Inochiyama) the power to liberate the bounded souls on earth in ******** and in the normal way by accepting their wishes the human shall do what they told him to do, in case the human (Shinichijo Inochiyama) declined or can’t complete the request punishment shall be on his way.”

 

“Wait, somehow I’m having a bad fee- ARRghhh!!!!!” I kneel in sudden pain surging through my whole body, “So-somehow I feel hot especially in my eyes”

 

“That? So you can see them properly… Then that’s all adieu!!” She vanished in to smoke while I’m still kneeling in pain “…That’s so irresponsible!!!!” I shouted in the darkness alone.

 

Meanwhile back on her office (?) “Ahh…. I forgot something…. He still probably scared of the ghost right?”

 

*************************

 

Meanwhile I woke up trying to sit up straight but my body felt so weak at the moment, so I got helped by Taniguchi-sensei…

 

“…W-where am I? (I’m back? I’m back!!) W-where is she? (That irresponsible god?)  …..!!!???” Th-there’s a ghost at the end of the bed… She’s staring at me fixedly with her red eyes and bloody body…. I- I can’t move!! I’m scared! Please someone!!! I know I’m supposed to help her but can’t help it as I’m still scared!!!

 

Ghost girl: HeeEEELLLlPPppp MeeEEE!!! PPppllLEEEaAASssEE!!! *cries*

 

I can hear her now properly and she’s not whispering but I can’t help but quivered. I got slapped by sensei taking my eyes off her (ghost).

“Inochiyama-kun? ….. Inochiyama-kun!!!”

 

“!? ….Taniguchi-sensei?” I said and tremble while pointing at the ghost girl “You…. You cannot see her?”

 

“….No I don’t see anyone? Why is there something there?” She replied so I got really scared as I tremble greatly how am I supposed to help them when I’m scared!!! “I-Inochiyama-kun? Hey calm down!” Sensei said as she strongly grab my shoulders.

 

“S-sensei, I-I’m normal r-right? (I can’t get scared right?) I-I’m j-just seeing things right? (How am I supposed to help her!!?)” I said as I hold the sleeves of her coat.

 

“A-ahhh, you’re just tired…You should sleep aga-“She said but I don’t want to get teased by her again!!!! “N-no! P-please I-I don’t want to meet her again….” So I said as I strongly declined

 

“Who’s her?” She asked worriedly “I-its- (Goddess of Death!!) aahhh…” I felt my body loses strength, I’m probably going back to her right now… And that ghost is still crying for help!! ….Wait, crying?

 

“I-Inochiyama-kun!???”

 

Ghost girl: *sniff* Please help me!! She (Death) said you can help me! Go to her!

 

I see….. My bad….. I’m helping you later…. Then I lost consciousness.

 

**********

Back in the darkness….

 

“Ahh~ my bad I forgot you’re still scared at the ghost right?”

 

ლಠ益ಠ)ლ “….That’s right!!!!!” I angrily said to her “I can’t stop trembling earlier!!! ….But somehow I get her now….” as I saw the girl (ghost) cry….

 

“So… Do you still need my help?” She asked as she was about to disappear again. “Of course! Do you think I’m some guy who is not scared of the ghost!!!?”

 

“Ahahaha~ Sorry sorry~ Here you go” She said as she touches my chest specifically to where my heart is.

 

“I feel warm” “Of course~” She said then moments later.

 

“Then bring back some good news okay~~” *Poof*

 

“….Sigh” I sat down waiting there to regain my consciousness

 

 

1