Chapter 5: At the hospital and the first liberation (Part 1)
39 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

When I woke up its already night outside…. And I’m in the hospital right now.

 

“I can’t believe you got stressed out.” Kogane said as she lay her back on the chair and sigh. “Ha, haha, well I told you that I saw a ghost that night but you didn’t believe me, so I got freaked out every time something moves the stress probably built up.”

I decided to not tell her or my parents the truth that I met Goddess of Death herself, and she just made me or technically ordered me to liberate ghosts and I don’t even know why at all. They might think that I’m losing my mind or something else if I told them that.

 

Kogane and I are just one year apart so she was in her last year in middle school and I’m in the first year of high school. She’s more reliable than me, she is very caring for a little sister. I always thought that when they grow up they would become either sassy or just become a gal girl.

 

 

 

She rushes to the hospital when she heard that I was brought here and when she heard the reason from the doctor that I just got stressed and will be fine and can leave tomorrow in the afternoon, she sighed in relief. After that our parents arrive late in the afternoon after they received a call from Taniguchi-sensei, they got worried at first but when they heard the reason they just laughed for a bit and left me who’s still sleeping with Kogane.

 

“Still, I can’t believe how carefree Mom and Dad is….. They just left without even saying anything…. Sigh.” I said to Kogane who told me that. “Well, it’s a good thing that they’ve come to see you….”

 

“Now I know why you got too mature too early, hahaha” I laughed wryly when I told her that. “Pfttt…. Idiot, just sleep and rest so you can return early.” She stood up as she said that ready to leave as there was still class tomorrow.

 

“Thank you Kogane, for staying.” I said my thanks as I wave and smile at her. “Un, get well Bakanii-chan.” She smiled as she leaves and closes the door to the room, leaving me alone… Not.

 

 

“I’m alone finally…. So can you tell me your name first and why or how did get bounded, please? Before your request.” I said to the girl who’s been following me in school or at home where she first showed up as a shadow.

 

“Yes, my name is Wakai Erika, I don’t know and I don’t remember how I got into your house or how I ended up dying….” Wakai Erika said.

 

“I see, so your request is finding your home or how did you die?” I said as I thought I know what she would say next but….

 

“No…. I don’t care about my house or want to remember how I died. I just want to learn what love is and feel it….” “Yes, yes you want to learn about love and…. Eh? Wait I think I heard it wrong maybe there’s something on my ears” I nodded while my arms are crossed but stopped when I heard her. I got it wrong…. And her answer is so weird that it made me almost think I have problems on my ears….

 

“I said I want to learn what love is and feel it! I don’t want to know how I died neither where my home is!!!” She repeated herself again but this time louder.

 

“Ha, hahaha I think I’m going crazy, I just heard a ghost wanted to know about love when the guy she’s talking too has been a loner since grade school hahaha….. You’re not kidding are you?”

 

“Yes……”

 

“I think I should go rest and sleep as Kogane said.” I said as I cover my body with the blanket and find a comfortable position after that I sigh and closed my eyes.

 

“So you don't want to?” Wakai Erika said dejectedly crouch down…

 

“….” I stopped moving when I heard that word and a flashback was ringing through my brain. *In case the human (Shinichijo Inochiyama) declined or can’t complete the request punishment shall be on his way.*Is Goddess of Death says as it echoes repeatedly.

 

“A-Ahem I guess it can’t be helped” I pathetically said and sit up properly this time. “Then what should I do Wakai-san?” I said as I tried to look serious.

 

“I…. I don’t know?” “….Tee!!! You’re the one who says who wants to know what love is!!!” I retorted as I swung my arm in the air.

 

“Th-then, should we start by holding hands?” Wakai-san said as she stutters and gets closer. “….You sure? I know that I’m not scared anymore but I can’t help the feeling weird when a bloody girl wants to hold my hands.”

 

“Eh… So-somehow I feel hurt when you said that to me…” She said as tears gather in her red eyes…. I didn’t know that ghost can shed tears…. “S-sorry Wakai-san, then I should at least do what you say.” I said as I brought up my hand towards her.

 

“Un, don’t worry about it…. Then” She reached to my hand and when it came into contact… “Ahhhh!!!!!! M-my head hurts!!” Wakai-san strongly gripped my hand while her other hand is holding her head I winced in pain but didn’t say it instead I got worried about her.

 

“Wh-what’s wrong Wakai-san!” When I called to her she stopped screaming and puts down her other hand that is on her head, but this time she started trembling… “Ha, haha, hahaha, HAHAHAHAA!!!” She started laughing, I flinched and somehow got a bad feeling afterwards.

 

“Ahhhh~ I now remember~~ that bastard….. Who doesn’t want my love…. Is now gone after that, I showered in his blood then killed myself~~ Ahhh~~ it feels good and warm at that time~” She started to monologue…. I know I’m not supposed to be scared anymore but it’s about the ghost and not a yandere…..

 

*glance*

 

(゚Д゚;) I flinched and trembled “Wa-Wakai-san? C-can you please let go of my hand it's hurting me.” I wanted her to let go of my hand but her grip is so strong.

 

“Neee~~ you haven’t told me your name yet~?” “*gulp* I-It’s Inochiyama Shinichijo”

“I see~, nee~~ Shinichijo teach me about love and let me feel it~? You can at least do it right~?”  “I-I don’t know, please let go of my hand I-it really hurts right now”

 

…………………

1