Chapter 4
1.1k 9 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First-Person

The pain was unbearable like the other days. But this time, I did not wake up after the night. It was like 4 continuous nights of this hell. But, the fifth night was even worse.

At first, it was like the other nights. But then, I felt something different. It was like my very being was changing. All this information was being put in my brain. I lost the sliver of humanity I had on my previous nights. I had no more sympathy for humans. But, the real deal was the pain. Gaining tails had been painful, yes, but this was even worse.

My 8 tails were merging together. It hurt way more than it did in previous nights. I could see my mother. she had a worried look on her face. She muttered something, but I couldn't make it out. After that, I gained more tails. Whenever I gained 2 more tails, they merged together. This happened until I had 9 tails.

Getting 9 tails hurt the most. That is when I became a true god. My body changed, and so did my soul. Everything was different. Nothing would be the same.

When I woke up, my brain got flooded with information. It hurt to open my eyes. It was like I had gained more senses. My mother came into the room.

"Alice, it's going to be fine," She said. I somehow could tell she was worried.

"You gained 2 new senses. One is to tell people's emotions, and another is to tell people's energy,"

That's why it hurt so much. My brain was not used to these things. Only once it got used to it, would I be able to use them. After an hour of waiting, I could open my eyes. There was a strange red energy within my mother.

"You can see it, can't you. Human's energies will be blue. You'll get it eventually,"

"Why are you worried?" I asked her.

She looked at me confused. "What do you mean? You should only be able to sense a lower being's emotions. This shouldn't be possible unless I was a lower being,"

My mother looked at me strangely. "How powerful have you become?"

Sorry for the short chapter! I am working on my other novel right now, so expect less frequent updates.

23