(2) Page-2 of Diary: Birth of The New King.
194 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: Please enjoy it and leave comments.)

 

We could see rows and rows of shops and inns along the road until we reached the adventurer guild main branch in the city. This branch is a big three-story building with a big hall at the entrance and four counters with three-man and a beautiful female. Our group went to the table for the new registration with the lady. As if knowing, for what people come here, she asked professionally,

"Are you here for new registration or re-issue of the lost card ?"

"One new card and one re-issue of the lost card," the guard said while pointing towards us with the finger.

"New card and re-issue card will cast 10 and 20 silver coins each. Is it OK with you? If OK, please fill this form for new card or re-issue, then put your blood drop here on the orb." Counter lady said to us after Pata nodded in affirmation.

She points to a blue-white colour orb of football size on the table of the same colour. My father put the blood on the orb, and at the same time, all the information recorded in the guild was on the receptionist's terminal. It was like a computer in my past life. Then after verifying all the things, she issued a new card to the father.

"Here is your new card. Please don't lose it again."(counter lady)

"Thank you, and here is the detail-filled form of the boy." (Tuner)

As the only Tuner knows how to write. So, he filled my details in the form.

"Your name is Kola, right. Please put your blood drop here on the orb."(counter lady)

The orb seems to absorb all the blood, get the information from it, and work as the unique key for any person's data. After I put my blood drop on it, the receptionist put some details in the terminal then gave me my adventurer card. We paid 30 silver coins fee to her as soon as the guard was sure that there is no problem with us now. He left for the west city gate.

My adventurer card has the following details: (and these will be updated if I put my mana into it. The card consumes 1 MP)

Adventure level: H

Name: Kola Age: 17 years

Job: none Level: 0 (0/1)

HP: 20/20 MP: 20/20 SP: 20/20

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 1/1 2. Magical Strength: 1/1

3. Physical Defense: 1/1 4. Magical Defense: 1/1

5. Body Density : 1/ 1 6. Intelligence: 1/1

7. Agility : 1/ 1 8. Wisdom: 1/1

Note:- Other details will update after reaching level 1 and age 18 years old, at least.

So, I have to wait till I get 18 years old to get my skills and other details. 

Spoiler

Divine mercy skill is given by the God of Healing and Light, to the humans, while similarly the God of Death and Dark, also provide skills to the demons and monsters. In this world, there are the following 7 Gods and goddesses.

  • The God of creation and Space-time,
  • The God of Healing and Light,
  • The God of Death and Dark,
  • The Goddess of Fire,
  • The Goddess of Wind,
  • The Goddess of Water,
  • The Goddess of Earth,
  • The Goddess of Plants and wood,

While God of creation and space-time and five goddesses love everything in this world without any discrimination, but the God of healing and light likes humans and the God of death and dark like monsters and demons. So these to gods are always fighting each other by blessing their loved ones. Beast-kin and others worship other 5 Goddesses.

[collapse]

----

In a place far away from Gazina city, on Divine continent. In a white room, an older man in a golden dress sits on a beautiful chair made of gold-silver and embedded with many beautiful gems like sapphire, diamond, ruby, etc. But he looks worried. Soon door opens, and middle-aged men in white and golden colour dresses enter the room. They all said together after getting on their knees.

"My Lord!"

"God has revealed to me, "That a human child will be bestowed with the blessings of the Evil God." We have to find and kill that person. So anyone who has some strange blessing has to be executed as that is the child of the Evil God, not our God's Child. Don't show mercy to such Evil being."

"As you wish, my lord! We get all the information through a magic terminal. We will look in the data of the blessing skills of all the new people and remove the evil one."

----

Gazina city is a small frontier city in Boish country. Our village is in the west direction of the city, and we use the west gate, one of the four gates. It is the capital city, Boish and there are three other more cites in this country. But neither my father nor I have visited other cites. Only Turner and the other few people from the village have done so.

Today, I will see around the city and the market with my father. I have to buy some souvenirs for the girl I like. In this world, people marry after they had reached 22 age or more and also have a good income. I would like to marry and have a peaceful life like others in the village. The girl I like is names Zuya. She is a nice person, and I want to spend my time with her. Her family is also a farmer's family from the village. If everything goes right, I will get too merry her by the age of 22. But for that, I wish I get at least two excellent farming-related skills as divine mercy skills. Well, I have to wait for my skills for more than one month. By the way, we will stay for a night at the inn and leave for the village tomorrow.

----

Tuner is very knowledgeable. On the way back to the village, he told me many stories about his experience as an adventurer. He was part of an adventurer team morning star. It has five members, three are alive, and two died on their last adventure as a party. After that incident, they decided to retire. Turner joined the adventure guild and became it's representative for our village.

He also said that our village is fascinating as it is a frontier village and would be first to be attacked by monsters and demons if they ever attempted so. But very few people are there willing to work as an adventurer. Even those few moves to cities after some time.

He said that these cities were also part of this forest in the past. Few adventurer clans cleared them at that time, and the church made those adventurer clans noble families later, and they rule over them. King's are also the favoured clan's head's families. So, Adventurers should focus more on clearing the wild forest and getting the church's attention to become rulers if the cleared area.

I don't know why Turner looked tenser after his visit to the guild headquarter yesterday evening, while my father and I were visiting the city market. He did not say what he was worrying him. After some time, Turner said, "the guild has asked for the people with new kinds of skills to be reported."

"I will tell you about my skills as soon as I get them."

"Thank you! But don't be so troubled by these things. Enjoy your life. You are young, so have fun. We older people will manage it all. Hahahaha "

We reached the village without any trouble at all.

----

The next day, My mother told me that Qunia has got her divine mercy skills. She is one of the five young people of the village who are reaching the age of 18 years this year. Two others are the boys named Rohan and Rohit. They are twins, and both got three skills and are farming related. So, they have taken over the family tradition of farming. As now, Qunia also got her two skills and are hunting related. She is the adopted daughter of the village chief and his desire to become a hunter. She told me once that her biological parents were hunters and adventurers in the city.

Well, now only Zuya and I are left to get their divine skill this year. Zyua will also get hers before me as I am the youngest in my generation.

----

Today, Zuya also got her divine mercy skill, and she got four divine skills, level of genius people. She got her skill for a housewife. After confirming that she got four divine skills, her father had said that he would get her daughter to be married to the noble family in the city.

Well, I was hurt to know that I always liked her, but as did not have significant backing. So I did not say anything. My parents also know how I feel, so they told me that I should wait and see how many divine mercy skills I get; maybe I could prove to be better and get a chance. Well, now, only one week was left for my divine skill to appear. So, I decided to follow my parent's advice and wait.

----

As I was now the only person left to get the divine skill, Turner came to our house. As he had to report on what kind of skill I get to the adventurer guild headquarter. Divine skills are a very personal secret. So, you tell it to only trusted people. But for guilds to ask divine mercy of everyone 18 years old was strange. Tuner did not answer this question saying that it was something better we do not know.

After everyone was seated at their place, I placed my MP into the guild card, and I said the command word, STATUS CHECK! Finally, I could see my updated status.

Adventure level: H                         race: Human

Name: Kola                                      Age: 18 years

Job: none                                          Level: 0 (0/1)

HP: 20/20            MP: 20/20             SP: 20/20

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 1/1                  2. Magical Strength: 1/1

3. Physical Defense: 1/1                  4. Magical Defense: 1/1

5. Body Density : 1/ 1                      6. Intelligence: 1/1

7. Agility : 1/ 1                                   8. Wisdom: 1/1

Skills (divine mercy) : 1. Absorb to learn, level – 1 (0/100)

2. King, level-1 (0/100)

3. Status check, level-1 (0/100)

Skills (earned) : none

Note:- other details can be found after reaching level 1, at least.

The moment I show my skills, I was shocked. There were three divine skills, but the weird thing was that each of them was unheard of me. I talked about them to my father, mother, and Tuner. None of them had ever heard of these skills. But Tuner's face became stiff, and he asked me something out of the blue,

"Kola! Do you remember the story about me being the part of an adventurer party and two members getting killed."

"Yes, Tuner. What about it? Why you asked so suddenly about that now?"

"Kola, Pata, and Reena! I have something to ask of you. Qunia is the daughter of my two deceased teammates. I came to this village to make sure that she grows up in a peaceful place, and the village chief is also one of the teammates. We fault that her misfortune was our deed as we asked her parent to work on the mission about which church and guild did not tell us. So, can you accept Qunia as your first wife? "

"Tuner, what do you mean? and what that has even to do with me getting my skill? "

"......."

"......."

"Your answer will decide whether you will live or die. "

"Can you not talk so lightly about my life and tell me more in detail."

"Then, listen and decide. Church and guild have ordered to kill all persons with unusual divine skills. If not possible, then inform them, and they will make sure to kill that person. Your skill is one of the unusual skills. But as I don't want to be their faithful servant even after what they did to us. So I am giving you two choices. "

"Kola, There is nothing to think so much. Qunia is a good girl, and Zuya did not even bother to say anything to her father or tell you after getting a divine skill that she is also interested in you. So, why even bother to go for her."

"Kola, your father is right. I also like Qunia more then Zyua."

"Turner, as you have not left me with many choices. I would accept your term as even my parents have no objection to this. But I would like at least to know what my skills are? and why would church and guild even wants to kill me?"

"Well, now that you have accepted Qunia as your wife. Then, you are like my family now. You should not use a guild card to check your status. Each time you check your status card, your information is updated. So, if the guild looked into your record, there is a chance to find you. So, use your new divine mercy skill for it. The second thing is that all these three skills are the first time I am seeing. I have not even heard anyone having them. You have to get strong before, either church or guild know about you. So, We will declare tomorrow that you and Qunia are now engaged, and you will go for a hunt with her. And try to raise your skill and level. "

"Also, as the card does not have any photo of you attached and guards don't strictly check the status. So, as soon as you get more then level-3. I will try to get you in the city with some dead adventurer cards. you should hide your present card safely."

"OK, see you later, Tuner."

----

As things were in turmoil in my life, and so was my love life. It was not like that Zuya or any other girl had shown their interest in me. I have one-sidedly liked Zuya and never thought about other girls around. I never mean to say that Qunia was not good for me, but on the contrary, I never looked on her from that point of view. But, yesterday was ridiculous how can anyone just propose arranged marriage anyone else on by using their life as a threat. In the morning, while eating breakfast with my family. I was pondering about all that was happening in my life; someone knocked outside.

"It's open. Please come in!" father

"Thank you for letting us in!" and village chief, Manoj and his wife, Roma, Qunia, Tuner, came in with gifts and food.

"Looks like we are not too late to join you all for breakfast," Roma said, and they also joined us on the floor.

We did not have furniture for the dining hall. So, they also join us on the mat we were using to sit on. Qunia sat just next to me and was acting shy. I could feel that yesterday was not a dream after everyone finished their breakfast.

"As we talked about yesterday. Kola and Qunia will now be engaged. Any objection." (Tuner)

"Non," everyone replied.

"Now, I would like to try something which may help us figure out what Kola's skill means? These things should not be told to anyone outside this room as it will be as good as dead to us." Tuner

"Kola, can you show us your skills on a guild card. And what is your idea which you want to try Tuner?" village chief said.

"As you know, one of Kola's skills is King, and a king's strength is his people. So, I wanted us all to become the first people to accept him as King. I know it might not work, but we have to do something to make him strong before guilds or church, or both find him."

"OK." everyone replied.

"But I can't understand why we need to do this. We can simply hunt animals and get strong."

"That is fine after trying this out. So, Kola, let me start. OK, I, Turner, would like to be the subject of King Kola. Please accept your subject, Your Majesty."

It was too artificial for me to be treated like this all of a sudden. But I played along.

"I accept you as my subject."

Everyone in the room did the same, and a change happened in my status when I checked it.

Adventure level: H                       race: Human

Name: Kola                                    Age: 18 years

Job: King                                        Level: 0 (0/1)

HP: 20/20              MP: 20/20           SP: 20/20

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 1/1               2. Magical Strength: 1/1

3. Physical Defense: 1/1                4. Magical Defense: 1/1

5. Body Density : 1/ 1                     6. Intelligence: 1/1

7. Agility : 1/ 1                                 8. Wisdom: 1/1

Skills (divine mercy) : 1. Absorb to learn, level – 1 (0/100)

2. King, level-1 (6/100)

  • Population ruled : 6 (average level-2)
  • Economic power: 10 copper coins
  • Land area ruled: none
  • Military power: none
  • Influence to neighbouring regions: none

3. Status check, level-1 (0/100)

Skills (earned) : none

Note:- other details can be found after reaching level 1, at least.

There were many new things added under King's skill when I told about it.

"Now, Pata will help in hunting to King Kola and Qunia. OK. We will leave now the new King."

Tuner, Manoj, and Roma left after this. I will go for a hunt with my father and Qunia.

 

 

(A/N: Please Comment. it will help me to keep my motivation to write this novel.)

6