(14) Change in the winds of Borish Kingdom.
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ajeet Sharma: Sharmavila City

Ajeet Sharma inherited this earldom form his father. He has four brothers and five sisters. Him being the eldest son was the only upper hand he had on his brothers and sisters for this claim. Thanks to this, he has to prove at each step in life that he is the rightful heir to this Earldom, and to keep his brothers and sisters busy, he allowed them cities to manage, but Gazina city was an exception thanks to his wife's nagging and whimpering.

In my father's time, Gazina city used to be much more close to the eastern forest. But the constant attack of his father with the army cleared the forest and established three villages. But After my father, neither my brothers nor I were interested in clearing the forest. My brother-in-law is a person who does not care about any administration job but wants to enjoy the perk of being the highest level of power in the city. So, he also did not do anything to clear the forest.
----

If things have stayed this way, no one will say anything. But, recently, a company named Merata has emerged in Gazina city. Yet Rakesh (brother-in-law) had not informed me it. He did not even tell me who is the backer of this new emerging Financial power. If possible, I want this company. That will provide me with a regular supply of money to use on projects in the Earldom.

I also fear that this company might have something to do with my younger brothers. If true, they can make a deal with the other influential people or King himself and try to dethrone me as Earl. Also, I suspect that this might be my youngest brother, as he was a classmate of the King himself. Hence, for him making it easy to get his help for getting the power and King would love to see me out of power as I supported the defeated eldest prince in the competition of throne. How would I have known that most likely King is not the eldest but the youngest prince? And now Tiwari is enjoying the most earning region with three seaports cities. I have even given Delhi the second most developed city to my youngest brother to appease the King.

I have tried to make Rakesh invite to Sharmavila, but he would not pass on this information to avoid getting my hand on this Merata company. I have been seeking him to introduce me to this mysterious master of company. But Rakesh would only answer that its master does not like to interact with another sho much that even he has not met him. I would be a fool to believe such lies.

This company has made its branches in each of the cities in my Earldom. Further, its backing has to be very strong. All the guards are level-5 or more. Even my best guards are level-4 only. Only King or The church or Mage association or other such influential organizations has only known to have this kind of power.

I have directly invited the Merata company for our Yearly Auction best in the whole Earldom. After the delay for many days when we thought that this mysterious master would not come, they informed me that their master would join the auction. This meeting will be an excellent opportunity to stabilize my backing. To make everything perfect, I make my eldest son in charge of all the arrangements and items for auction. But sudden summons by the King surprised me. What could have happened in the capital?
----
Rakesh Sharma: Gazina City

When my sister arranged for me to be in charge of this frontier city, I know all the luxury I was dreaming of enjoying without much effort will not come true. But one day, few businessmen came complaining that they paid for the crop of villages to be there to purchase from me, but some other people are taking it without any care for my promise. It will not be good for my dealings if word of this spread about this event. It was one of the few ways I could make income, although very small, none the less it was income. I decided to who so everyone will see my wrath.

But what enters my meeting room was a group of commoners. I bluntly said some harsh punishment. Who cared whether some commoner lives or die.

But one of them was very glub with his tongue and provided me with a very exceptional deal. Much better I ever got from anyone, 100 boars and deers meat each month and five gold coins. I did not realize that this was the most beautiful thing that happened to me until now.

As time went by, this new company grow large and hence taxed to me. Even after giving my regular taxes to the Earl, I would have plenty to spend. So, Earl got wind of this company and would ask me to arrange a meeting. I would be a fool to kill the goose who lay golden eggs if I introduce both. Earl would come to know that who much I earn and would increase the taxes.

My beautiful days did stop to increase as this company now has branches all of the earldoms, and the Earl himself has invited them to auction. Anyway, they do give a significant tax amount to me. To make sure they don't leave my city, I have even given them any free shops and area.
----

King Boish-VI: Capital City

I still remember the day I struggled to get this thrown with my brothers and how earl Sharma would support my eldest brother. But Finally, I was the victor with Viscount Tiwari's help. To make sure that they don't have free time to revolt against me, I even made them duke of Andra and Odisa, two war-torn regions. At the same time, I gave Tiwari two most profitable areas together and made him also the duke of Tiwari and Tamil regions.

Everything was excellent, and I thought that now I can relax, but earl Sharma region showed increasing demands of slaves and the emergence of a strong company, Merata company in a short time does not look good. My skies have reported to me that this has happened in only ten years.

I had a feeling that earl Sharma has more ambition than just keeping his status quo. This collection of big money and slaves indicates that he is creating a slave army. Or perhaps my eldest brother is not happy with his position and wants to revolts against me and to fool me, and catch me in surprise, is making the secret army in Earldom of Sharma, his old alley. This smell of a massive conspiracy against the King, the Kingdom.

I have to give settle hints and try to probe Earl Ajeet Sharma. His one brother was my classmate in school days. What was his name? Whatever, I will ask my spy on details. I should change Earl from Ajeet to him. Keeping Ajeet alive after this much blunt opposition is a mistake. Let us see does he tell the truth or keep acting nothing happened.
----

Youngest Brother: Delhi City

Ajeet thinks that by giving Delhi to me, he can please the King. As if I don't know what you keep scheming with your wife and her brother. I was planning to appeal to the King by managing Delhi better, that I should be made Earl instead of Ajeet. But to think your inactivity was just a facade to keep us brothers and sisters in the dark and you were keeping a big company, Merata component hidden under your brother-in-law. So, in the end, you don't at all belive on us you thieving backstabbing bastard.
----
Boish Kingdom: King's Study Room, King's Palace, Capital City

"Long live the king!" (Ajeet).

"Take a chair! How is everything in the Earldom." (King)

"Earldom is doing good and prospering well under the rule of the great King." (Ajeet)

"What are your opinions of the war with the Park Kingdom?" (King)

"......"(Ajeet) I don't know why I do not like how the King is changing topics like inquiry. What is King suspecting? I have to be careful today.

"You see, recently, war has been costing a lot to the nation. So, I was planning on increasing the taxes to rich non-warring regions, as this war money investment buys their peace." (King)

"My King is wise!" (Ajeet) Why the hell is this King increasing taxes when there is no large scale war only small scale skirmishes are going sometime. This usually happens in Odisha and Andhra duchy areas, and his brothers have to bear the brunt of these attacks.

"Ajeet, therefore I want you to increase your tax by 10,000 gold coins" (King)

"My King! This will be a little too much for my small Earldom. Please lessen the burden on my poor land, or people will be starved." (Ajeet)

"So, you think that I am harsh to you?" (King)

"I would never dare to say or think my King! I just want more of your precious mercy to be bestowed on my land and people." (Ajeet)

"I will hear your request, and you will give me 5,000 gold coins and the usual taxes." (King) It looks like money is not abundant at Ajeet's disposal, as I pre-assumed previously. A nobleman will not be for lessening the taxes in this way. Maybe Merata Compony is of my brother.

"Also, I heard your region has recently seen a huge company. Is this your company? Many nobles have been prissing you saying that if not for being restricted by your duties as Earl, you might have become a big successful businessman/ merchant." (King)

"My King is very merciful, but my King, your praise of me, is ill-placed as I have nothing to d with this new Merata company. It is said that it was established by a few very talented merchants from a village named Merata. They are even prised by the church, their pious and righteousness. It is said that the expanses of all the church's Orphanage in the Earldom. But they are very restricted in recruiting their staff and guards. They only take slaves. Therefore, many also call them Merata Slave company." (Ajeet)

"Ohh! That's a fascinating story, a company by commoners and slaves, and backed by the church. What is the chance that these commoners will sell this company to us." (King)

"My King! Many had such ideas to either force or hijacked the company to meet the bitter ends. The problem is that who used force had their forces cut short by company guards while hijacking the company left with just empty husk as all the staff are their slaves. So, there is no way to get any idea where they get their goods, or how to manage the company, etc. So, apart from making them a rich and powerful alley, other approaches are wastes of efforts." (Ajeet)

"Looks like you did your full study of this company, So, what do you think about inviting them to capital. who can be a best friend than a King?" (King)

"My King is wise! I will make sure to arrange this meeting soon." (Ajeet) Looks like the King's main target this whole time was Merata Company.

"Ok, do so, Now this meeting is over, and you can leave now" (King)

After Ajeet Sharma left,

If Ajeet or my brother is not related to this company, then this meeting will give a strong alley in your lands, Ajeet. Let us see how you will face this. But if this related to my brother or Ajeet, Then I have ti ve careful of assassination attempts."

"My King! What Ajeet said is the same as what was acquired by my sky network, There indeed is such history reported with Merata company. It is a company with at least an annual income range of 50-100 thousand gold coins. Although small now, the rate of this company is growing its presence in the commoners and nobles. This company will soon be one of the largest in the Kingdom." (Chief of spy) said the voice from the shadow.

"To think this hidden h=gem was not known to me until now. It looks like you were slacking from your duties. Increase surveillance in the Kingdom. Who knows how many such hidden powers are in play in my Kingdom, without my knowledge."

"As you wish, my King!" (Chief of Spy) left.

1