Thellarion Academy
111 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are 3 main continents in Thellaria. The Empire, Corendale, and Inumme. The Empire has a hierarchy system consisting of a king and queen and a noble system. Corendale is the home to elves and dwarves, and Innume used to be where the Demon King ruled. But 20 years ago, Corendale moved all dwarves from Corendale to Innume which is now the dwarven kingdom.

"It's so... beautiful," Koren muttered as he gazed upon the castle, his eyes wide open from shock.

Koren and Kien were astounded by how beautiful the Academy was. It looked like something you would only see in a video game, the walls were made of bright white marble and the large circular domes could only produce an "ah" out of their mouths.

"Heh, if you think this is nice, wait till you see the inside," Steve responded smirking

He led them to the gate of the castle where a guard checked all 3 of their uniform emblems. The guard then opened the castle door.

The entrance was filled with countless students talking and moving. Right behind them was a giant chandelier lighting up the whole entrance.

"Ok, on the left there is a room that says stage, go there and listen to the speech. After that go to your classes on your acceptance letter."

After giving the two boys instructions Steve walked away in the opposite direction.

Koren and Kien shrugged and followed Steve's instructions. They then saw a massive stage lined up with many, many students. At the front, a short woman with long blonde hair started to speak.

"Greetings 1st-year students, I am headmaster Eril."

Many students started whispering amongst each other

"That's the healer who helped killed the Demon King."

Koren smirked.

He knew the headmaster and knew her pretty well. He even called her "Auntie Eril".

"Ehem" Eril coughed

All of the students who were whispering amongst each other immediately stopped.

"Now, back to what I was saying. This is going to be your first year at Thellarion Academy and we expect the best from all of you. You are going to be the next influential leader's for the Empire and we expect nothing less than greatness..."

Eril talked for a few minutes before sending off the first-year students.

"Wow, that was a good speech right Koren?"

"Yeah..." Koren answered unenthusiastically, truthfully he was zoning everything out and counting the tiles on the ceiling.

"What classes do you have Kien?"

"Umm, I have Introductory to Magic, Healing 101, and Advanced Potion Making."

"Oh really, I guess we'll be having Advanced Potion Making together."

"Ok see you then"

Kien than walked away

Koren than started walked to his first class of the day, Advanced Tracking. Koren chose to be an archer over a swordsman/spearman mainly because of his advanced ability at tracking. He isn't that excellent at using a bow and arrow but his ability to find out what animal has walked in a certain place and how long ago really made him unique.

Kien looked at his acceptance paper and started looking for his class.

"Room 203" Koren muttered to himself over and over until he finally found his class. In front of the class, there was a beautiful woman with bright red hair.

"Ah I think that's everybody," She said happily

The women then started reading a speech off of a piece of paper.

"Ok… Hello, I'm going to be your teacher for advanced tracking, my name is Miss Laria. In this class, we will be going over one of the most important skills you will need to have to be an archer-"

Laria's gaze suddenly turned ice-cold, she turned to 2 girls who were giggling amongst each other.

"You two, go meet the headmaster."

The 2 girls faced Miss Laria with wrinkles on their foreheads, the giggles that were coming from them moments ago suddenly stopped.

"What?" One girl said, her voice unable to keep in her shock.

"NOW!" Laria yelled as she pounded her hand onto her desk splitting it in half.

Every student in the classroom had their mouth gaping open from the unexpected scene.

The 2 girls swiftly ran out of the class with tears in their eyes leaving the rest of the students with Laria's anger.

"Now, first things first. I'm not a pushover so don't even THINK about pulling anything on me. I do not take any favorites, I respect hard work and skill but I despise suck-ups."

The friendly woman who first greeted the class was no longer there. She continued her speech talking about what she hated and what she liked in a militaristic tone.

After an hour of Laria's obnoxious speech, the bell finally rang dismissing the weary students.

"Ok, that's the bell you guys can go."

Koren happy that little lecture was over walked out the front door and went to his next class "Advanced Magic History."

Koren walked mindlessly and found his next class where he then saw a familiar face. Professor Ricio was a close family friend as he was the spearman in the Heroes party. He was also an early mentor to Koren when he was a kid. He taught both Aaron and Steve this class as second years, but due to Koren's advanced learning pace, he was able to jump a level.

Koren sat down in a seat on the far left of the classroom. The classroom looked like a library with books upon books sitting on shelves on the wall.

Professor Ricio walked up to the front of the classroom where he then started his welcome speech.

"I am Professor Ricio and I am going to be your teacher this year."

Ricio smiled charmingly, however, there was a sense of mischief in it.

"However unlike your other teachers, I am going to have to give a test on the first day."

The students groaned in displeasure

Professor Ricio then passed out a 10-page test to every student and started speaking loudly but clearly.

"Complete as much as you can, this test will be scored but will not be graded. This is so that I can see what level you guys are at."

"You have 30 minutes."

For normal people, 30 minutes to complete a 10-page packet on an advanced curriculum would be close to impossible. However, Koren memorized most of the books that the questions come from so he was swiftly able to solve most problems.

Once exactly 30 minutes passed, Professor Ricio collected every student's test paper and dismissed the class once the bell rang.

Koren then checked his schedule and realized it was now lunchtime. The cafeteria was separated by each year to allow students to get to know each other. When Koren got to the cafeteria he saw a familiar face waving at him.

"Oiii Koren, over here!"

Koren walked over to Kien who seemed to be talking to a girl.

"Hey Kien."

"Koren meet this girl I met in one of my classes. Koren meet Kyla, Kyla meet Koren."

"Nice to meet you, Kyla."

"Likewise."

The girl smiled at Koren and shook his hand.

'Kyla, huh where do I know that name.' Koren thought to himself

"Yeah so-"

"Wait do you have an older sister?" he said suddenly interrupting what Kien was about to say.

"Yeah?"

"Is her name Scarlet?"

"Yep, that's her." Kyla tilted her head

"My brother Steve is dating your sister."

"Oh really?"

The pair soon got to know each other and discussed their siblings.

20 minutes passed and they still were talking.

"Oi you two, lunch is over." Kien looking slightly sad reminded the pair they still had classes to attend.

"Oh. Kien lets go together don't we have Potions together."

"Yeah let's go."

Koren and Kien said goodbye to Kyla before walking with Kien to class.

Kien sighed and started talking sadly

"If only I was blessed with good looks like you."

"Well one, thanks for the compliment. And two, don't beat yourself up your good looking too."

"Sigh, but it still didn't matter because once you came she only looked talked to you."

The two friends joked while walking to their next class.

The potions class started as expected. A nerdy middle-aged man called out student's names and put them in pairs who would work together for the rest of the year.

"Koren, you will be with Maria."

"Kien you will be with Jacob."

Koren peeked at his new partner in the corner of his eye who sensed someone looking at her. She looked towards Koren almost instantaneously with emotionless eyes.

"Now get with your partners everyone."

Koren walked over to Maria. She had dark short black hair and a peachy skin tone. She looked young but had the presence of an adult on her.

Koren decided to initiate the conversation with the cute girl.

"Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Koren."

Koren smiled to which the girl shrugged and responded gruffly

"Yeah yeah, I'm Maria."

Koren was taken aback. The girl who looked sweet like an angel had a terrible personality.

The teacher then started speaking

"Today we will be making a fire potion."

"Does anyone know what a fire potion is?"

Kien raised his hand

"A fire potion is a potion that is used to cure internal burns from mana, however it will severely burn you when poured on skin."

"Excellent. The recipe should be in your book so get to it."

Koren grabbed his bag and started looking for the Recipe. 4 lava eels, a pot of water, the blood of a fire hound, and a tooth from an orc.

Koren went to the pantry which had all the materials and started grabbing all of the items. He glanced over to see Kien fighting with his partner. Koren was slightly worried but shook it off as he grabbed the stuff he needed and headed over to Maria.

"Ok, I got the stuff."

"Cool, start boiling the water and I will skin the eels."

Koren shrugged and started boiling water sometimes glancing towards Kien who was still fighting with his partner.

"Is it boiled?" Maria asked

"Yeah."

Maria walked over to the pot and carefully placed the eel skin into the water. After doing this told Koren to start grinding the orc tooth into a fine powder where she then poured the fire hound blood into the pot.

The once clear pot looked bright red, Koren then dumped the grinded orc tooth into the pot where it dissolved in the water.

"Now, we have to do the hard part." Maria looked annoyed as she then grabbed a skinned eel and violently cut out both of its eyes.

Ignoring Koren's dazed face she dumped them into the pot. Koren helped her as they then finished most of the potion.

"Now we just have to wait for everyone to finish." Maria said as she put her head down on the table basically saying 'don't bother me'.

Koren decided not to bother her as she did do most of the work and she seemed cool.

Koren than heard some yelling to which he turned around and saw Kien and his partner yelling.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, ARE YOU RETARDED?" The blue-haired boy shouted

"WELL IF YOU STOPPED YELLING MAYBE I COULD FUCKING DO SOMETHING!" Kien shouted back

Koren then noticed the blue-haired boy started to pull at the boiling potion pot. Almost as if time stopped. Koren,  In a split-second decision, ran to Kien and pushed him into the wall. The blue-haired boy right as Koren pushed Kien threw the boiling fire potion where Kien was a second ago.

The teacher who was ignoring the shouting looked down to see Koren and Kien on the floor and the blue-haired kid with the potion pot in his hand.

"Are you out of your mind?" The teacher looked at the boy with disbelief, his eyes wide open in horror.

If Koren did not act at that second, Kien would have been facing permanent burns all over his face and body.

The blue-haired boy laughed and started speaking.

"Well if this commoner did things right this wouldn't have happened."

Koren who was on the floor could not believe what he just heard.

"What did you say?" Koren said sharply, his hand crumpling into a fist

"Can you hear dipshit or did your hero rescue ruin your ears."

Koren who had enough of what he was hearing got up and punched him in the face. Infusing mana into his fist gave a result 2 times faster and harder than what a professional boxer could ever do. The blue-haired boy was then sent flying all while the class and the Professor were watching.

"BOY WHAT ARE YOU DOING." The Professor looked even more horrified as he then grabbed Koren's and the now knocked out blue-haired boy's collar and walked over to the Headmaster Office.

5