Chapter 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scott nervously paced back and forth as all three other boys sat in silence. No one having any idea of what to do and no one feeling like breaking the awkward silence between them. They had powers, unnatural, actual, breaking the laws of physics, powers.

And no one had any idea of what to do...

The silence was unbearable, the only sounds were the river and the birds. Eventually Scott had enough, breaking the silence before he went mad.

‘Ok so...we got this powers. Now what? We got to do something with them right?’ Scott said.

‘Like what?’ Jacob asked him.

‘I dunno! What’s the one thing you always wanted to do but could never could?’ he thought about it a little until it hit him.

‘I want a hideout! A place we can call our own, do whatever we want!

‘Ok that’s a start. Cody what about you?’

‘I don’t know yet. There’s to many ideas you know..

‘Ya I know what you mean. With this powers tough we can probably do whatever we want!

‘Hell ya!’ they high fived at the idea till all turned to Sam.

‘And you?’

‘Payback...I want Kyle Davis to suffer!’ the anger in his voice made it clear to everyone he meant it. Sam was going after the biggest bully in school, a thought that scare any student...normally...

‘We can make him stop...we can probably scare him so much he’d never come back to school!’ Jacob added on, agreeing with Sam’s idea.

‘We’d be heroes!’

‘No! We can’t let anyone know about us! The cops, the military, everyone would be after us! We got to keep this a secret.’

As much as he wanted the admiration Jacob knew Scott was right, perhaps keeping it secret was the best way to go.

‘First things first tough, we gotta learn how to use these powers fully. And I know the perfect training area..’

*

They all went to the old scrapyard outside of town. Many droves of ruined cars stacked on top of each other, rusted and broken beyond any form of use.

‘No one has been here for years. So we got this whole place to ourselves.’ Scott explained.

‘Ok then so...we just break stuff basically?’ Cody asked.

‘Yes..we break stuff.’

‘Cool!’

Cody turned his whole body to that dark rock and went over to a lone car, ripping off its half rusted door with ease.

‘This! Is! So! COOL!’

Jacob raised his hands towards a wall of stacked cars and concentrated. Suddenly a white, almost liquid snow looking, light blasted out of his hands freezing the old steel instantly. In a few seconds a large point of ice had formed on the cars. ‘Whoa...’

Scott’s entire body started becoming electric, blue sparks covered nearly every inch of his body, traveling along his clothes. He made a motion of punching the air and at first nothing happened besides his body feeling strange. ‘Hey guys any ideas?’ he turned to them only for them to move in slow motion. ‘What? Guys common! Speak normally!’

But they didn’t, their voices got slower and slower but they started looking confused, that much he tell. Then he realized it him! HE was moving faster than normal! He turned back and began running.

In a instant the moving flash that was Scott ran straight trough a entire stack of cars, leaving a clean cut of his outline in them. The edges were burned black and slightly smoking. Scott also tried placing his hands on the car and he saw the sparks instantly moving along the edges instantly, going in random directions all over the place.

Then it was Sam left, as the other three practiced their powers he tried phasing trough things, succeeding with minimal effort. He couldn’t see past them but moving trough them like they weren’t there was easy. As he walked trough a old truck he saw nothing but darkness in front of him, like he was closing his eyes. ‘Dude! You’re a ghost!’ Cody said shocked as he looked at Sam. The boy was confused but when he looked down on his hand he could see it to, he was transparent! He was really just like a ghost! ‘Ok so you guys can break all kinds of things but all I can do is phase trough stuff..’

‘Hey! That’s an awesome power and you know it! You could easily sneak into any place you want, take whatever you want! No one can stop you, not even me and I’m harder than steel right now!’ Cody tried to encourage him. Of course it was probably because he wanted Sam to snatch some stuff for him but he appreciated it all the same.

He walked trough the truck again only to not come out the other side.

After several seconds of silence Cody asked him ‘Hey you checking out the inside of the motor or something?’

There were no answer. ‘Hey...Sam?...you ok Sam?’

‘Cody!’ he almost jumped out his solid shell when Sam’s voice suddenly came from the truck itself.

‘Cody I feel weird! I can’t explain it but this is really weird!!’

‘Try do something! Like anything!!’

Then suddenly the doors swung open hard enough to almost fall off.

‘Wow! Did...did you do that?’ Cody was growing a bit worried.

‘I think so...hang on.’ the doors closed again, the window wipes moved despite the lack of power and the hood opened up.

‘Dude! I can control it! Its like I AM the truck!!’

‘Dude that is so COOOL!!’

He kept doing random stuff to it, like switching the lights on and off, turned its rustled wheels, even slowly levitating it off the ground! Sam could posses objects! He was gonna have fun with that!

For hours on end the boys kept it up, breaking every piece of useless scrap metal with their superhuman powers till the sun went down. With complete excitement they agreed to meet up again tomorrow after school to keep practicing. Sam in particular felt happy, like for once he wasn’t alone. Tonight he got his first taste of what its like to have friends, to be accepted by a group. Maybe things finally started going his way...

*

Samantha couldn’t get it out of her head. Everything went wrong all day and she felt weird. After the water fountain she randomly became overheated to the point of sweating, like she walked inside a giant oven. At gym she almost started hyperventilated and her coach had to put her on the bench before she passed out. At the nurse they found nothing wrong with her but told her take it easy for the rest of the day which wasn’t easy still. Her paper almost caught of fire, she cold have sworn that strange black ish mark that formed around her fingers looked like burn marks. Then when she rode her bike home the rubber on her handles felt softer, like they were close to melting! And at home it happened again with the water! She tried to take a drink but before the glass reached her lips the water started boiling for no reason!

Something was wrong with her, very wrong..

But what was she supposed to say? How would she tell her parents any of this? She sat on the large couch in the living room, staring out the window. Out in the back yard her brother was playing with the family dog. A female golden retriever named Lucky. She loved that dog with all her heart yet even seeing the dog happy and running around along the high wooden fences did nothing to cheer her up.

Her mom, always the kind soul, noticed that something was clearly troubling her. She sat down next to her brooding her daughter, giving her those kind yes.

‘Is something wrong sweetie? You look troubled.’

‘Mom...I don’t know how to say this but...somethings wrong with me. Everywhere I go I...I don’t know how to explain it.’

‘I think I know whats going on.’

‘Really??’

‘Yes. You see all women go trough this at some point. They start feeling strange, mood swings happens all over the place and your body starts feeling strange. But its normal sweetheart, I went trough it, grandma went trough it. You have nothing to feel wrong about, its all normal.’

‘Its just that...Well...you know I tried to drink water today and it was boiling...like actually boiling, in my glass...that I was holding.’

‘Ya I know what you mean! Sometimes I to felt so hot I could melt ice by just staring at it. Grandma said that our family is naturally hot blooded and it gets especially bad when we reach puberty.’

‘But....’ Samantha sighted and gave up. Boiling in her hand? Her mom would never believe her.

‘It will be fine Samantha...you’re just growing up. Sooner or later things will calm down.’

She nodded and pretended to understand. Her mom got off and kissed her on the head before heading back to the kitchen.

If not even her own mom, the person she loved most in the world, couldn’t help her. Then who could? Or was she alone in this?

*

As Sam stepped trough the door the usual happened. Yelling came in from the living room like it always did. Arguing about money as usual, dad telling mom that she wasted it on pointless stuff like earrings. Mom telling dad he wasted it on pizza. He’d answer it was for the whole family and they just kept going in circles.

Sam went over to his room, locking himself away with listening to music. Saberon, the heavy metal band that wrote about wars, both past and present. Loud enough to block them out, enjoyable enough to listen to, and unlike the history teacher their songs actually taught him something. Not a lot, in fact just tiny pieces but still something.

Now it was just to wait until tomorrow so that he could go back to the scrapyard and practice his powers. His heart fluttered with excitement every time he thought it, what he could do now. That comet was probably the best thing that ever happened to him, now he was someone more than just Sam, the kid who got bullied a lot.

He was the man who could phase trough walls and posses objects...he was a living ghost!

*

The next coming days were painfully slow. The boys really wanted nothing more than to just speed away to the abandoned junkyard again and continue practicing their new powers. Every day, as soon as the final bell rang, they hopped on and rode fast there. All kinds of broken cars were further torn apart in all kinds of ways. Smashed to bits by Cody, frozen and shattering by Jacob, shredded at superspeed and electrocuted by Scott, possessed and tossed like baseballs by Sam.

At Thursday they felt they had full control, Blue hills was now theirs for the taking.

‘So what do we do first? Mess with the shopkeepers?’

‘Steal burgers!’

‘Prank the people we don’t like!’

‘I like that idea! Who do we prank first?’ Scott asked. Sam had a good idea but stayed silent, he was gonna get Kyle on his own...

‘How about granny Williams? She never leaves us kids alone and always creeps us out. Not to mention our parents keep telling us she’s trouble so she’s gotta deserve it.’ Cody suggested.

‘Ya...ok so firs’ Jacob stopped when Scott’s phone started ringing.

‘Hello...now?...ok fine. I’ll come.’ he put it back in his pocket and looked somewhat down. ‘Its my sister, gotta go home now.’

‘Really?’

‘Ya, sorry guys. We can get her tomorrow, promise!’ he then sped back home, riding much faster than usual.

‘Well I’ll just go home to, cya tomorrow!’ Cody then disappeared, followed quickly by Jacob and then it was just Sam left. Well the fun today was over pretty quick, now what do he do? He didn’t wanna go home to listen to more yelling about money. Maybe he would just chill out by the river again...

*

Friday, the last day of the week. Everyone was ready the weekend, except Sam who couldn’t currently walk trough the front doors as Samantha was right there, talking to her friend. He stood by the corner again, waiting for her to leave. Or he was until he saw Kyle approach with his two meathead followers again. This was it! Payback time!

He ran to the back of the building again, leading them out of sight.

As expected they ran after him, they always did. Only when they rounded the last corner he wasn’t there. Not even in the distance, running across the street. He was gone..

‘Hey guys!’ they spun around, only to stare at the fence.

‘No over here!’ they could have sworn they caught a glimpse of him for a brief second that time.

‘What’s wrong? You look a little confused.’ Every sentence came from a direction.

‘Where are you shrimp?? Come out!’

‘Over here...’ the voice came from the staircase to the basement, built right up against the wall. Yet as he leaned over the steel railing and looked down he wasn’t there either.

‘Here.’ now he came from behind one of the cars, yet as one of Kyle’s friends checked there, it was clear the shrimp wasn’t there either. They all started getting seriously nervous now, how did this happen? How is he doing it?

‘Konichiwa!’

‘Here!’

‘Look!

Hey! Listen!’

‘JUST SHUT UP AND SHOW YOURSELF!!’ Kyle yelled, clearly freaking out now.

He froze up in shock when suddenly he turned to see Sam standing right there, hood covering most of his face and hands in his sweater oversized pockets. He just stood there, not moving an inch. Kyle was a bit shaken but tried to regain dominance of the situation by walking up to him and attempting grab his collar. Only it didn’t work, it was like trying to grab air, nothing happened. After several confused tried he saw his fingers vanishing inside the younger boy. He moved in a bit further and ya, they just went right trough him. He just stood there, frozen like an iceberg. No one saying a word, the silence became almost unbearable. Like it was like glass, one word and everything would shatter around them.

‘Why did you leave Kyle?’ he staggered back a bit, eyes flaring up in near panic.

‘I was stuck on that fence, I needed help....why did you leave?’ Sam was of course alright but playing the creepy ghost worked perfectly. Kyle’s face turned white as snow, hands trembling out of control.

‘H..help...me..’ he slowly reached out his hand to Kyle only for the taller kid to turn around and start running like hell. His two lackeys followed swiftly, once out of sight Sam almost started laughing. That was possibly the best thing he had ever done! The look on Kyle’s face! The way HE was the helpless one for once! Now it was no more bullying, no more loosing control. Sam was in control now! How could anyone hurt him if they couldn’t even touch him? He was unstoppable, Blue hills was in the palm of his hand!

*

At lunch break the boys couldn’t wait anymore. Time to have some fun! After Sam told them what he did to Kyle the others wanted to try some stuff as well.

‘You see that? Melissa....that girl keeps calling me fat, lazy and clumsy. Lets mess with her!’ Cody said, pointing to a blond girl way off in the distance. And already that had the perfect plan. When she went to the water fountain indoors Sam possessed it. The minute she turned the water on it was fire away! Her whole face was blasted with a sudden wave, shooting off like a water hose and drenching the girl in the process. She screamed out in sudden frustration as she looked down at her now dark green shirt, water dripping from her chin.

As she stormed into the girls bathroom the boys quickly met outside, laughing uncontrollably.

Then in gym class the coach lazily told them to play basketball...again. Playing ball sports was something a lot of kids didn’t like and would rather run a course or something. But the coach was a massive sports fan, as well as the trio that won almost every match. Jake, Paul, Logan. Three super annoying guys that thought themselves being at professional level. Of course being the best in a school didn’t say a lot and besides, they lost every match against any other school. It was embarrassing frankly. Now however the boys had planned to take that trio down a bit.

Sam pretended to skip gym class and possessed the ball without anyone seeing him. Trough the whole class Jacob, Cody and Scott played with everything they had against the trio and dominated them! Of course that was from Sam very gently steering the ball away from them. Enough to make it look like it simply slipped out of their grip yet was handled perfectly by the other trio. Every time one of friends shot it landed perfectly in the basket, when Paul, Jake or Logan threw it they completely missed and the rival trio racked up in points. The loss was, as they expected, embarrassing for the sports lovers. For once none of them had that smug, obnoxious attitude after gym. They stayed silent and broody, not even looking at them when normally they would be loud and say things like “How does it feel to suck guys? My grandma plays better than you!”

This was sweet, sweet victory against that ego of theirs!

The last target was Mr George Rockwell, the math teacher who clearly disliked his students. He always looked down on them, especially when they didn’t get the equations. They knew which car he drove though so when he went to drive home after the day finished he found all the wheels missing, the sides of the car greatly damaged almost like someone...ripped them off...but who could possibly accomplish that??

Frustrated and outraged he called the cops, almost yelling into the phone and saying it was probably some “damn lousy teenagers who has no respect for the elderly!!”

And then the week was over, the kids headed home to enjoy their two days of freedom.

Barely a half an hour later they went to the store, munching down candy and soda on a bench at the park bench right next to it.

‘So what do we do today?’

‘Well we got pretty much everyone in school so....’

A silence came over the boys as they tried to come up with any plan, anything to do at all.

‘I got it! Remember before when we wanted to build a fort out in the woods?’

‘Ya?’

‘Well now we can! At superspeed even!’

‘But we haven’t got any tools!’

‘I know how to get them..’

*

Samantha was unsure of going to mall with her friends that Friday. What if she set a sweater on fire? Or boiled her cola as they eat pizza? Yet somehow things went well, no fiery incident anywhere and everything went normal. Was it just a temporarily thing? She hoped so or else she would probably go mad. As they sat down at Hut’s corner in the middle of the tiny mall, all sharing one table and just gulping down slice after slice Emma, her blond half Canadian friend, brought up the last thing she wanted to talk about.

‘So what do you think of that meteor thing? Don’t you think its weird of how, like, a meteor is pink?’

‘Ya aren’t they usually, like, flame colored or whatever?’

‘Ya! And the cops say they didn’t find it! The whole thing was missing when they arrived.’

‘Could it be like, aliens or something?’

‘I dunno? What do you think Samantha?’

‘Uhh...I don’t know. Aliens seems kinda...weird?’

‘Ya probably...ah well nothing happened at least so that’s good.’

That flame thing better not freak out now...

*

They stood outside the the tool shop near the center of the town, the only place where to find any shops. This place was shaped like a wharehouse, dirty white concrete on the outside, automatic glass doors as the front entrance and a big blue sign with yellow text on top.

‘Ok boys this place has everything we need. Joe’s toolbox...’

‘But we haven’t got any money!’

‘Like we need any! I can move at insane speed remember? I can grab anything we need and get out before anyone even realizes its gone.’

‘Stealing? I dunno dude...’ Cody seemed unsure.

‘Look they got like two thousand tools in there! They’re not going to miss a few and besides! Most stuff we can make ourselves later using our kick ass powers! Just wait over there in the street corner to carry them.’

They did what Scott said, still not completely sure of this. He vanished in a instantly in a sudden blue flash and reappeared barely a second later, two basic toolboxes containing hammers, screwdrivers and such in hand. He handed them over, vanished and reappeared with two more. He kept going like that until he was sure they hand everything. After that it was off to the woods to decide on a building place.

After a while they decided on a place near the river, not the shallow areas but a wider and deeper area a short distance from the nearby lake.

They debated for nearly an hour until they realized they could just chop down trees with their powers and move them.. After clearing a area they deemed wide enough it was time to get to work!....’How do we make planks again?’

‘We need a circular saw, protective goggles and gloves.’ Jacob stated.

‘You know this stuff?’

‘My dad builds houses for a living! I helped out a lot when we built the shack in our backyard, trust me I know all about this stuff.’

‘I’ll be right back..’ Scott sighted and ran off, reappearing shortly with already made planks.

‘Where did you get these!?’

‘Joe’s toolbox has this huge back area where they sell planks, blocks and all those stuff.’

‘Well I guess that saves us a lot of time...lets get building!’

They worked for hours on end, clumsily hammering the boards together with Jacob overseeing the progress. The hours went on and progress was quickly made, their powers speeding up the progress greatly and their headquarters started taking shape.

Late afternoon came and they had stop before their parents would start asking where they were.

The four agreed to meet up tomorrow morning and spend the whole day building. Sam phased the tools into the ground to make sure no animal got to them and headed home.

*

Jacob pulled up to his house, parking his bike and going inside, already smelling dinner. The house was in the slightly richer part of town, the houses and yards were far bigger there. His was colored light blue and had three floors not counting the basement. The main floor is where the kitchen was, his two parents and two brothers already sitting down at the table.

‘There you are! So how was school?’

‘Pretty good I guess. Not much happening the final weeks.’

The kitchen was large, very large and modern looking. The kitchen counter looking like some kind of black marble, shining constantly. It stood in the middle with the oven and fridge on side while the freezer and pantry on the other. The middle counter had a wide sink and plenty of room for at least 3 people to work there at once. Just a little away from it was their dinner table, by the glass window in the place of a wall, giving a generous view of their backyard.

As he was always told by his friends he lived in the best house by far, no other compared.

After dinner he went to his room on the second floor, walls and roof of wood painted white. A decent bed and a light brown desk with a rollable chair. On the walls he had plenty of posters, mostly of sci-fi movies and shows he liked. He sat by his desk began drawing and scribbling down ideas for the new hideout they were building, ready to show his friends. So many ideas flowed in his head. They would have their own little hangout, like a living room. A room to sleep in case they wanted to stay overnight. A room to store tools and fishing roods in, fishing!! They would build their own little bridge by the lake to fish over the summer!

And a place to put a campfire! This was gonna so sweet!!

*

Samantha’s Saturday didn’t start well. First thing in the morning she felt hot...like REALLY hot! She was drenched in sweat and had to throw her pyjamas in the laundry, it wasn’t even summer break yet so why did it already feel like it? And her toast became burned, not from the toaster but from her hand..the black scorch marks all but proved it came from her hands...And her plastic toothbrush almost started melting! The soft grip sticking to her fingers yet somehow she never got burned..

Things were getting out of hand, what if she soon burned a friend or her family...or god forbid, set Lucky on fire!

She had no idea what to do, that damn comet did this she knew it!

She needed help, but who? Who could possibly know anything that could help her in this??

After quickly finishing up she almost ran out the house before someone approached her, trying desperately to make any kind of sense of her life.

She walked around the town, nowhere in particular, just walking. She passed by the small area of the woods where comet hit, the yellow plastic tape still there tied from tree to tree, blocking anyone from entering. She kept walking up the forest, along the river with a million troubled thoughts rushing trough her head. Being somehow close to water helped she supposed, at least she could jump in and douse herself should the need arise. For the first time in her life Samantha felt lost, nowhere to go to, no one to help her. She felt alone, the worst feeling she ever had.

*

The weekend started awesomely, the boys met up early around nine and began building. Everyone did like Jacob’s ideas for the hideout, the disagreements came on how they would do it. As the day progressed Scott kept running back and forth, bringing more planks to build with. As afternoon came it started looking like a small shack. The first room square shaped with a door frame leading into the next one. The roof where also flat, overall it looked unimpressive. But it was theirs, they built it themselves with no help. It was their pride and joy!

And then came the painting process, coloring the whole outside red and the inside light blue on wall, while the others were soft gray. So far their little shack smelled far to much to stick around so they went on to the next project. Thanks to Scott’s insane speed and Sam’s ability to levitate any object he possessed they made a lookout tower on top of a nearby tree. They could now overlook the only road leading up to them as well have a clear view of the whole lake, the only way up was a rope ladder.

By four o clock that afternoon the boys rewarded themselves with the very thing Cody had so been looking forward to...Burgers!

And so they headed to Mac’s corner, a little red shack built at a parking spot. Many stopped by there for burgers, most eating in their cars to taking it home. But there were some nearby benches and tables. With Sam’s sneaky powers he finally snatched their orders. Cola, fries and a cheeseburger for each of them. They were making so many of them that the old guy running the place never noticed.

At first Cody was unsure about stealing, but so far it all worked out great. And with their powers no one would ever find them out.

‘I have missed these so much!’ Cody said as he dug in, obviously a fan.

‘Ya my sisters cooking sucks. Its so good to have these whenever we want now.’ Scott added on. Sam wondered why it was his sisters cooking and not his parents? Did she usually cook for them?

‘So what do we do after this?’ Jacob asked.

‘Well I supposed the paint should have mostly dried by the time we get back so we start get furniture.’ Scott said.

‘A couch! We definitely need a couch!’

*

By the lake’s beach Samantha stared out into the water. All day she avoided everyone, she wondered for how long she could keep it up before someone suspected something. She was so in her own head space she didn’t notice what was going on around her. She heard a sudden thump sound behind her and spun around, there was nothing there expect a old abandoned house that used to rent boats or something. What was that noise? She was sure she heard something. Then it came again! From inside the house...

She stood there, staring at the open yet dust colored window. She felt worried, someone was in there and she didn’t know who or why. No one had been inside for years! Why now??

Something suddenly appeared in the window, staring straight at her. She panicked at raised her hands. Then suddenly fire appeared all over the wall! The house was on fire!!

*

The boys headed back to their hideout to check up on the paint when Cody saw smoke rising in the distance.

‘Guys! Somethings burning!!’

They all saw it, coming from the beach. And it looked close enough to start a forest fire which would basically destroy the town.

‘We gotta get over there!’

‘To a fire?? are you mad??’

‘We don’t have our own fire station and the nearest city is like a two hours drive! We are the only ones who can do anything!!’ they all agreed with Jacob on that one and rushed over there, past trees and charging trough bushes as they went. They came running to see the old boat renting place burning, and a terrified girl standing there with hands covering her mouth.

‘You! What happened here??’

‘I..i i don’t...I didn’t do anything!! its not my fault!!’

‘I’m not...screw it!’ Without even thinking about her being an eyewitness Jacob blasted the fire with everything he had. The liquid shaped frost blasted out of his hands looking like snow and doused the flames instantly, leaving instead a frozen ice wall.

It was only then it dawned on the boys...they all turned to see Samantha frozen in shock, her jaw almost fallen to the ground.

‘You...did you just?...’

‘Crap...uhh listen there’s a lot to say here and...bu..guys??’

‘Guys we gotta get out here!! If someone finds us here there’s gonna be a lot of questions!’

‘Right!’

The boys ran back to the woods with Samantha quickly following them.

‘Wait!!’ she yelled keeping up with them, making Cody realize that she was about to see the hideout!

‘STOP!!’ everyone stood dead in their tracts.

‘Look we can’t show her! She isn’t one of us!’

‘What do mean not one of you??’

‘Look lady we can’t explain, just forget everything you saw and go home. It isn’t safe on the beach right now.’ Scott tried but she was stubborn.

‘That house was set on fire and you doused it somehow!’

‘Forget everything you saw!’

‘What did you do??’

‘JUST GO HOME!’

Samantha fell silent, staring at the boys in confusion and hurt with all of them telling her to get lost.

Once it was sure she wouldn’t follow anymore they ran back to their hideout, leaving a very confused schoolmate behind.

Right outside it Jacob nervously paced back and forth, he may have just completely given them away! Now she would tell her parents and the secret was out!!

‘We can’t let her tell anyone!’

‘But what are we supposed to do?? None of us got mind control!’

No one had any idea, it all seemed over now. They were doomed with a capital D. Then a twig snapped and they all turned to see her appearing from behind a tree.

‘You again??’

‘Wait! Wait...just...I need to tell you all something..’

‘What?’ She took a deep breath and went on.

‘I...I’m like you. I also got...well...powers. Sort of..’

‘You?...You got powers?’

‘I did...I was nearby when the pink meteor hit and....something flew into me. Since then I have accidentally burned, boiled or melted random objects....’

‘So you set that house on fire?’

‘I did..’ she looked ashamed as she admitted it.

‘But it was a accident!!’

They all looked to each other. None of them ever saw her there so it was hard to believe...but her story. No one, absolutely no one, knew they had powers so she had to be telling the truth.

‘Ok...show us.’

‘I don’t know how to use it. It just comes at random..’

Jacob handed her a stick.

‘Just focus in on this, try to make it burn.

Samantha looked confused but did it. She stared intensely at it and after a few tense seconds she let out a quick scream and dropped it as in a sudden flash the stick was completely on fire. Jacob doused it tough before it could do any damage.

‘Yup...she’s like us..’

0