Chapter Fourteen
82 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I spend my days getting to know the children and I’m proud to say that all three of them are opening up to me. They compliment my food and listen to the instructions I give them.

Today goes by slowly and it’s already noon. I sit on the porch at the back while sewing on the buttons of Ji Soo’s shirt while watching them play in the swimming pool.

I hear the doorbell ring and get up from my chair. Placing the shirt on the table, I turn around and head through the sliding door.

Walking down the passage while barefoot, I wince at the cold tiled floor but it’s kind of soothing since today is a hot day.

Stopping at the door, I stand on my toes and look through the peephole but can’t see anyone. I’m glad I locked the gate this morning so I have nothing to worry about.

Opening the door, I step to the side as it glides open. My eyesight lands on a tall, beautiful woman with an hourglass from. Dressed in a red skirt and white top with a red blazer jacket over her shoulders and red heels.

Raising a brow at the similarity between her and Ji Hyun, I correct my posture and smile, “Hello, can I help you?”

She looks at me from top to bottom and her face changes terribly, “Who are you?” she asks in a defensive tone.

I smile at her, not showing that I heard that ill-mannered tone of hers, “I’m So Young, who might you be?” I ask her.

Her face twist, “What the hell are you doing in my husband’s house?” she asks me, and I fake a horrified gasp. Covering my mouth, I look into the house at nothing then look back at her. Pulling my hand down I smile at her, “I’m sorry but you have the wrong house, an unmarried man lives here.”

She steps forward and grips her hands around the poles of the gate, “Open this gate now,” she demands from me.

I look at her with a raised brow, “I’m sorry but MY boyfriend said that NO ONE besides him is to step in this house while HIS children are here so I suggest that YOU leave and wait for HIM to return before making demands because that SHIT does not work on me,” I say and step back, ready to close the door.

She screams after the door is shut and I quickly make my way to the back. Running down the wooden steps, I make my way down the path quickly and reach the gate and lock it. Not long and I see her running towards the gate.

I grin at her and she yells when she hit’s the gate trying to open it. The children climb out of the pool and head over to my side to see who was screaming.

Ji Hyun looks at her mother and walks up to the gate. Her mother’s eyes light up, “Ji Hyun baby, open the gate for mamma.”

Ji Hyun turns to look at me and I raise a brow at her. Turning back to her mother she says, “But pappa said no one is allowed here including you.”

She pulls on the gate and yells, “Why the fuck would he say that?”

“He said so because you are an irresponsible human, with no care for her children’s well being. You should get yourself in check before the school holidays end or they won't return and I’ll make sure of that!” I say and she looks at me with a deadly glare.

I turn around and shoo the children back to what they were doing. From behind me, she screams, “You won’t get away with stealing my husband!”

She continues screaming her lungs off and it leads me to call Seung Joon. It doesn’t take long before a police car arrives and tries to take her away but fails miserably.

I see that the children have worried looks on their faces but reassure them that everything will be fine.

They were present when Seung Joon said no one was allowed here including their mother since she has built up hatred for me although I did nothing to her. I’m not surprised though but whatever.

She eventually leaves and the house is back to its peaceful silence. Seung Joon arrives just after dinner while I get the kids ready for bed and he goes to speak to each one of them privately about today's matters.

Once that is settled he comes over to me with a worried smile, “Are you okay?” he asks as he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my forehead.

I shake my head, “No,” and he rubs my back.

“It’s my fault that she’s so crazy but that is no excuse for her to treat the children like they are rubbish. Hopefully soon, I have enough evidence against her to have full custody then the five of us can live together,” he says and I look up at him.

“Enough evidence?” I ask.

He nods his head, “Mn, Seung Joong has been helping me pile up evidence against her so that I can file custody, she behaved badly in front of my mother two years back and it was my last straw, that’s why my mother and the rest of my siblings have a restraining order against her. The children know that their mother is not mentally alright so they don’t blame me much but she is their mother…” he says and I can see the guilt in his eyes.

I don’t comment because I don’t know what they have been through. I’ll just stay by his side while all of this blows over so that he has the support and I can be with him – selfish I know but I’ve waited sixteen years to get my man back.

 
1