Chapter 2 First Member, Magic testing
2.6k 16 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Found HQ."

A 3D structure appears in a out line and moves around as I turn my head, until I place it...

/Head Quarters Founded/

/Resistance Leader has leveled up! New Skills!/

The HQ was basically two green tarps, one tied onto four closely packed trees and other tarp on the ground... So we have some shelter to sleep in and plan I guess...

As I sit down under the tarp and a window appears...

/Level 1 Resistance HQ [Upgrade?]
Recruit [Open?]
Arms [Open?]
Equipment [Open?]
Close/

"Tanya?" I call out.

"Yeah?"

"Care to explain these options?"

"Is it not telling you?"

I try asking what the things are but find I am unable.

"Nope."

She walks over to me and sits down and I assume she has the options, "Okay... Upgrade we spend some Resistance Points or RP... And yes they suck at naming... Spend some RP to make the HQ level 2... Recruit is self-explained you open it and you can choose Their abilities for example a Combat Medic, Demo Expert or just some random joe with a gun to throw at the enemy... Arms open it to purchase weapons and Equipment is where you can buy Radios, body armour… Their are more options but we need to upgrade the HQ more."

I open the Recruit and find three choices from recruiting with a Weapon, Armour and lastly Skills/Abilities, opening it I find the normal roles from combat to non-combat but some caught my eye.

"Jessica... Can people use Magic?"

She looks at me confused, "You mean like in the Fairy tales or from those fiction stories?" She snickers, "Please Mistress don't make me laugh, no magic is just science that has yet to be explained."

"Tanya can you use your magic?" I ask the only other person here I know can use Magic.

She closes her eyes and opens them, her once ice blue eyes turned into a golden hue... And her sinister smile, she lifts her left hand, "Fire!" and a fireball appears before crushing it in her fist... "Oh yes and some more!"

"What was that?" Jessica asks surprised.

""Magic."" Tanya and I say, at the same time.

Tanya turns back to me and asked why I had asked about the Magic.

"Well under Skills/Abilities, there are the normal roles as I looked... I found some Magical roles... For example..." I trail off looking for one real fast... "Here I have the four Elemental Magics of Fire, Water, Air and Earth. Then I have Priest for Holy/Healing magic and Necromancy."

"Umm what? Really now how much does each cost?"

"Well I wanted a person with a gun that cost 5 of the 15 RP I have, but let me see... The most expensive is... Quad-Elemental Mage which on it's own costs... Well shit 50 RP…"

"Damn!" She mutters.

"But I just want a foot soldier, but now that I found this maybe I could use them as a surprise weapons... But I have to ask how do we get more RP?"

"The same way you get experience killing enemies in general, but we can get more RP by how well known we are... For example if we were as well known as... ISIS or the Taliban we would gain more RP at first a large amount of it up front and we would get a daily gain."

Okay then. So the up front must be when the news tells the populous about us and so the daily would be people hear it by word of mouth, okay.

"Okay that makes sense..."

I continue making my soldier the weapon I picked was a Glock 19, with casual dress and the Ability I end up picking priest for healing and it was cheap but it has great potential. Due to a normal Medical roles costing 4 but 6 since for a Tumor Kit

Spoiler

Note; I will make these a something that can be collapsed so that the chapter doesn't have half a page of shit of this below or not at all if it's a mass recruitment then I would just start putting Times X E.G. Jackson Recruits Times 30 Randoms with M1 grands. End Note.

/Recruit

Primary-Weapon: None
Secondary-Weapon: Glock 19; cost 4RP
Clothing and Armour: Casual Dress; 1RP
Skills and Abilities: Priest 2RP

15 RP available

7 RP to [Recruit?] 

Return/

[collapse]
Spoiler

Note; the way Skills and Abilities work is that the "Recruited" will have a base knowledge and thus as the soldier levels up more "knowledge" will be given to them for example above the Priest would only have a basic healing spell but as they level up better healing spells or if the skill was Marksmen better and better shooting skills

But if someone is recruited and taught how to do things E.G. someone with no Medical training was told to help the Combat Medic slowly that person would learn the role and could do basic first aid but they would be worse than someone who was formally trained/given the knowledge. End Note.

[collapse]

I recruit the soldier and suddenly feel like someone is looming over me.

Jessica jumps up and mutters, "Angel-kin! How?" Tanya looks over at me and her eyes widen.

"You picked priest. Right?" She asks me.

"Yeah?" I turn my head behind me... "Oh shit." I mutter as I see the Soldier, she wore a simple bland black long-sleeve shirt and shorts, a pair of shoes and socks, her bust was above average with an okay figure it was along the lines of a well rounded female. But the two details that the other two were talking about was the pair of Angel wings and the small Halo over her head...

"Does she look like that due to the Resistance type?" I ask no one.

"The Members will see you as a Descended Goddess? Yep, and since I am a priest it would make sense for me to be an Angel." The angelic woman answers me, "Oh where are my manners. Greetings Goddess Jackson my name is Kerrigan."

Me and Tanya share a what the fuck look. I stand up and walk behind Kerrigan to get a better look at her wings and feel them... the feathers one quarter of them is black at the tips and the rest of it is white, and the feel of them is nice something between cotton and silk... as soft as a cotton ball but feels like silk, I touch the Halo and her head follows it as I pull it, she is attached... it's solid but my hand as I look at it have burns and I didn't feel myself being burned.

"Well shit your Halo gave me 1st degree burns on my hand." I say while showing her and Tanya who raise an eyebrowed at Kerrigan.

"Only 1st degree? That would melt a normal hand? Oh yeah I forget your a High-Human. Simple fix I will cast some healing spell on you."

Tanya draws her knife and asks, "So you allowed the Commander to touch your Halo expecting it to melt her hand?" I catch up and instantly draw my own weapon.

Kerrigan instantly throws her hands up, "No I did want too, but she the Goddess she can do with me as she pleases."

"So that doesn't include telling me about the danger of your Halo?" I rebuff.

"Please I am sorry, I thought you knew about the danger yourself I was wrong I'm sorry Goddess."

I hate that she is calling me Goddess... I thought my Race would love it but no... both me logically and militarily I hate it...

"Look I don't know everything, but you can start fixing your mistake by healing my hand and stop calling me Goddess... it feels wrong to hear."

"But what would you prefer me to address you?"

"Look around you there is only at this time three members and a slave in our resistance so... we have no need for a proper ranking system yet." I say while gesturing to Tanya and Jessica with my free hand, "So Commander Jackson or Jackson will be fine for now."

"I will take Commander Jackson." she finally says after a few seconds of self arguing, we slowly lower our weapons and put them away but I can see Tanya was still holding her knife behind her back.

I present my burnt hand to the Priestess and she shyly takes it with both of her hands, a low golden light starts appearing in her hands, a warmth flows into my hand and I can see slowly my burnt skin returns to normal... when the glow disappears I flex my hand by flicking my fingers out and forming fist.

"Do-done God-Commander Jackson." she says shyly and it seems she was about to say Goddess.

I look at Tanya who had finally put away her knife and Jessica whos eyes have become dinner plates from how wide they are.

"Nicely done Kerrigan." I say while running a few of my fingers through her wings.

"Thank you Jackson... that feels nice..." she pants slightly and when I stop she gives me a pout.

"Commander... we may have a problem if we have to move... covertly if she is fully showing her Wings and Halo." Tanya says raising a good concern but as she finishes her sentence, the Angelic woman snaps her fingers and the halo disappears and the wings seem to shrink back into her body until we can't see them with the naked eye.

"Show-off." Tanya mutters as she turns away and starts testing her magic to find the limits.

I do the same until its starts becoming nightfall...

So what we found out about Magic was.

  1. It is mentally taxing to hold certain spells for long times or short times if we are talking about the complexity.
  2. Tanya can hold that simple fireball spell for 30 minutes before she starts getting headaches and I only for 45.
  3. Kerrigan told us that she has one spell a slow healing spell that is meant to be used over a long period of time so it isn't very taxing 
  4. We also figured out that well for me and Tanya our imagination is what we use for creating our spells... according to Kerrigan the way this world used to do Magic which is how my troops with magic will learn it was by the Master/anyone that could use it, and feeding their "Mana" into the recipient for an unknown period of time.
  5. I tried to make a scrying spell to see myself it worked, but I got a very bad headache for holding it for more than two minutes.

As we take watch after we did some foraging for some berries and a few unlucky birds we had dinner and went to sleep in the HQ with watch shifts, Kerrigan was first as punishment then Tanya and finally me with Jessica since she was going to forage.

The night went well if you could call sleeping on the ground good but when everyone was up and we ate some of the left over berries from last night and the ones Jessica found we packed up and move a few kilometers heading towards the Town near Jessica's home and to put more distance from the Feds we killed and Jessica's car which now I think about it we should have burned it down and same to the Feds...

As we set up again I place the HQ building down... I liked and hated the building system that was given to me it takes time to pack it up and to place it... But I can see later on that when it is upgraded it will take longer and longer... right now it takes one minute to pack up and place down.

As we sat down under the shade I got some RP and I was unsure why so I asked Tanya.

"Oh umm. The Feds we killed were most likely found by either their coworkers or by Police." 

.

8kms. Away at the Double Homicide Crime scene.

Spoiler

Note; Forgive any mistakes on how a crime scene investigation works. I only have crime shows. End Note.

[collapse]

Detective Michal and his partner Oscar pull onto the side of the road...

So far as they know at about 5 in the morning some friends of a person called Jessica found her car abandoned and drove up the road farther thinking that someone stole the car and found the currant scene and called the Police, who assumed that she was kidnapped since she is still missing...

The pair step out the car and look out around... the Pair have been partners for nearly 50 years and were Veteran Detectives by Erian Police standards.

As they walk to the scene and pass by the news crews who somehow got wind of the crime early and gave them some random excuses and reassurances and got passed the police line... they track down the first responder.

"Greetings Detectives, I'm First Patrolmen Nora and the first on site." The Well built Policemen said to the two detectives, the Erian Police had done their best to model themselves after the Irish police when they had found records in the now refitted police stations around the nation of Erian.

"Greetings, My name is Detective Michal and this to my left is Detective Oscar..." he said and asked "Can you tell us from the start. Please."

"Well I first I got a call about an abandon Vic which is up the road about three and a half... and my call was changed to here, I was told by dispatch was that the people that had found their friends car went up the road, and found two people dead beside their car... So I followed protocol went code three and rush here as fast as I could, when I had arrived I found them." he points at three teens who look like they are somewhat freaking out and scared most likely for their missing friend.

Nora Continues, "So when I had pulled up the girl with them had passed out or fainted... when I checked the car and bodies... I didn't touch anything but it looked like the pair had two stun batons both tossed away... the first older man looked like his kneecaps were blown off and then executed and the younger seemed to have been stabbed a few times form the blood on his suit... but I'm guessing and doing your job is above my pay-grade." the three share a chuckle at that... "If I'm free to go Detectives?" he asks.

They had gotten all other needed info and Oscar had written it all down the pair were done so they approached the next person on their check list.

"Hello Gents." A very old person said while looking at the older man's body, "I can't give you much detail until I get them back to the morgue." a deep sigh escapes his lips... "From first look the man had been shot through both knees and then shot in the head at near point-blank range as for the younger? Stabbed by a very thin but sharp knife, but both of them are wearing body armour light Kevlar with no armour inside the pockets... and we have a problem..." he finally stands up and snaps his finger waving one of his assistants over, "Show them the Ids." he orders her.

This person was Doctor Brutus the lead medical officer, the three have known each other so well the second he sees them he just tells them what he can give now and raise some concerns.

Two things made the Detectives pay attention more and even Oscar stopped writing when Brutus said Body armour and then about the ids this can never be good the pair thought...

Brutus's Assistant came back with two zip locked bags with the ids opened... it only took a glance for them to grimace they saw the stamp for the Federal Republican Investigative Agency or the FRIA... Known by the normal Police as the Federal Retard Insanity Agency... that name came about due to them being as the name suggests... by normal anything even common sense doesn't work with them... and it seems they pissed off the wrong person... it was a matter of time… 

"Great!" Oscar said. "Well this assignment is lost." That was the other thing even when the police investigating a Murder that is not related to National Security, FRIA had the tendency to kick in the door and claim that said crime is somehow related to National Security.

"Well maybe they would let us do our jobs since this is the first time any of their agents were killed... Oscar look at the scene it was clear they didn't just stop for shits and giggles... look at the road ten meter ahead of the car see the dark patch?"

Oscar notices and speaks, "Yep. So if I follow they pulled someone over two people... it had to be two no other way the second guy was stabbed if we believe the criminal used a gun... also this person knows what we are looking for, I only just noticed that the shell casings are missing and looking at the evidence table I don't see them there... So."

Michal continued with that line of logic, "The perps was ex-police/military or knows that we would use the casing for finding out the type of pistol was used and so my guess since only stun batons are out the perps get out of their car or the Kidnapped girl's car, walked up to the Feds who must have gotten out with batons in hand to most likely have a gun drawn on them, another guess is that the younger was attacked fast by the knife wielder obvious and the older one had his knees blown out so that he can't hop into his car... then the perp to make sure the job was done... executed the old fella... but we are just guessing."

Oscar who was writing this down under first thoughts added a possibility, "I would need to see the perps to make a better assumption but... I think they have no regard for life or have seen so much death that it doesn't faze them."

Both nod agreeing at seems to be a good guess at the mental state.

"GET BACK THIS IS OUR SCENE NOW!" a Female wearing a suit and tie with some goons but the Patrolwoman near the detectives said everyone's thoughts aloud

"Fuck the Retards are here." The female officer said in a dejected tone.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" She shouted at the poor Patrolwoman as she got in her face.

"I said the FRIA are here." She said in the same tone.

"BETTER! NOW GET LOST!" she didn't even notice that the tone the Patrolwoman said it the same way.

"Now you two!" she says while pointing at Michal and Oscar, "You two are being taken into the FIRA for the duration of this investigation..." She tells them then starts walking away.

""Nope."" They answer her.

Silence follows.

"What did you say?" she asks confused and she slowly turns back to the pair.

""Nope."" They say again.

"HOW DARE YOU!" She shouts while spitting.

"Do you have a Judges Court order saying that you can take our investigation?" Oscar asks her. Poking a sore spot since by law they must have a Court Order/Warrant to legally takeover investigations.

"No, but this involves our Agents."

"And this involves two dead citizens of Erian." Oscar points out.

"Are you going to work for us or do I need to put your jobs on the line?" She threatens.

"Then I'll retire and burn what I have written down in my notebook." he replies while tapping his notebook with his pen.

"That Book is confiscated!" She says while pointing at Oscars book and her Goons move on him.

Several clicking sounds follow her command as Police officers that surrounding them undo the clips keeping their weapons secured to their hips and many had their hands ready to draw if needed. Oscar lured them into a trap... FRIA had never been given the right to take anything without it being in Evidence and the other thing about Oscars notebook... it's his bought with his cash so the Police department can't even take it unless he gives it over at the end of the investigation, then buys a new one.

The department doesn't bother with trying since he always makes a digital copy and adds it to the police files for x investigation, So if FRIA wants to continue, the Officers that surround them can arrest them for exceeding their authority. Many wanted them to...

"What are you going to do shoot us? You all be arrested for treason." She spouts while looking at the cops.

"Not at all. WE are waiting to see if FRIA is willing to exceed their Authority so that we can Arrest them." The Same Female Officer that she had screamed at said calmly 

Again Silence...

"GET THAT BOOK!" she screams while pointing at Oscar not even concerned about the dozen or so Officers.

The goons move towards him again followed by Pistols being drawn and Fire-and-Toss Tasers barbs are sent flying at the Five FRIA members.

After the last of them are arrested and given their rights then taken away... The News Crews didn't even bat an eye at it since it was common and the Public name for FRIA, the Fuckwits of Retarded Incompetent Assholes was so common place FRIA often recruited abroad which had always raised questions about the agency's loyalty.

Oscar release a very-very deep sigh and his shoulders collapse it was always exhausting dealing with FRIA...

"You good Oscar?" Doctor Brutus asks while passing some aspirin and some water... and he took it gladly and took it.

"Thanks... Brutus I hate doing this shit. Does anyone feel like they are being watched?" Oscar asked.

Brutus and Michal nodded.

.

8kms. A very sick person stopped her Scrying spell and started vomiting with someone else with glowing hands trying to heal her.

"Jackson I told you that if you hold the spell for to long you would get quite sick." Kerrigan said while reaffirming her earlier warning to her commander who had ignored it. 

53