Chapter 3 Town of Athtrim, This world…
1.9k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We spent the next three days moving through the woods until we find the town, Jessica was going to before the Feds had to be killed and the car was dumped...

What happened during those three day, I had upgraded the HQ and got this window.

/HQ Upgrade pick an option, The HQ will become a Tent with four walls regardless of picked upgrade

Food; Food will be spawned for the cost of 1 RP everyday (1 RP can Feed up to 5 members) [Upgrade?] (The verity of Food is Worse compared to the Cantina building) 

Arms; Allows the storage of Weapons with in the HQ building and allows the purchase of better Weapons [Upgrade?] (The verity of Weapons is Worse compared to the Armory building)

Armour and Clothes; Allows the storage of Body Armour and Clothes which can be cleans for the cost of 1 RP (1RP can clean a Kilo of clothes or Body Armour) [Upgrade?] (The verity of Armour and Clothes is Worse compared to the Uniform building)

Capacity; Allows the HQ to be able to house 5 people with in the walls (Members of the Resistance is 3 of 4) [Upgrade?] (Capacity is limited compared to the Barracks building) 

Return/

After some debating we picked food since we had a rough idea when winter is and Jessica said that it happens semi-randomly throughout the year but she told us that it hasn't happened yet so it would be soon.

When we had found the town it was called Athtrim with a population of 58 thousand and home of the Athtrim Naval Base, the second largest port both in trade and military within the Nation of Erian.

Jessica had told us about Erian, we asked why did she say that we were in Ireland, she thought that if she said that we are in Ireland it would make me happy... I smacked her over the head... So on the... well island of Ireland doesn't exist since the Irish Sea is empty so the British isle is attached to Ireland anyway...

When we were talking about entering Athtrim, Jessica asked if she could stay at the base, since people knew her so she would be a liability, since if she was spotted the police or her friends would ask her where she has been and most likely confront anyone that was with her... Kerrigan elected to stay behind to watch the base and Tanya did the same... but I know she wanted to backtrack a little and fuck with the trail to throw off the police that have been following us.

So I cleaned my clothes the best I could and entered the town at night/early morning on the College side, so I look less suspicious my first goal is to hunt down a library for Erian and to find out about the Nation states near me, then generally knowledge and lastly the Police and Military structure, discipline, equipment and manpower... I find it funny that I'm more worried about fighting the police more then a military.

Fighting a military force is easy especially against smaller nations that haven't had anti-insurgent training which I'm hoping Erian hasn't done... But a Police force is militarily is an Organized Militia, but it's the departments within them is the issue, I have to deal with the SWAT type of units which would be the fastest military units, but it's the police officers would be a pain irregulars that are able to call up more backup and for them to come fast is the issue.

As I walked the streets and people started their own lives all of them look like Jessica in the sense that they look human but their ears being elongated and their faces seem more feminine even on the men clothing is about the same pop culture shirts make no sense... Tree superheroes? Fucken tree huggers as I kept walking my right hand held close to my hip so that I can grab my pistol if needed after someone and getting some courage, I asked a police officer for where the library was and he gave me some directions.

When I found it, I walked up the stairs and entered the building and finding some computers I take the one furthest away from everyone and as I researched I over heard a many things and Jessica was right... the staff of the library were wondering where she was and same for a few students of the University nearby, and I also found out who the Feds I killed had belong to Federal Republican Investigative Agency as I looked into them more, I also found that they often fight with the police... I could this info to play them off each other.

after spending nearly 6 hours researching my enemy I left the library and walked back to the HQ as I walk, I started processing the Information I had gotten...

The Erian Federal Republic; the nation was founded only 450 odd years ago when they broke away from the Euro-British Empire from the colonizing powers from the main land "European" nations, who had colonized the land 159 years earlier... Erian as a nation seems to function weirdly. The word Federal means nothing... it's closer to a roman empire with the "secret" Police or FIRA getting paid to "Find" Evidence of Treason and outs the current leader... that was elected by popular vote??? And the people don't care about this? It's very strange they are a 4th rate power in the world, but has a very painful bite with a standing army of 28 thousand it has fought nations with seven times that number their saving grace is the sea that surrounds most of their Home... the Only land boarder being with the Euro-British Empire.

The Euro-British Empire from what I can understand is that... some colonists found documents that showed the Pax Britannica at it's height and said "Well if we are in a place of a once great empire we should give it a go." But it isn't known the who what and why the revolt that lead to the Empire... The Euro in the name comes from the colonists that were loyal to the revolt and British is from the first generation being born on the land and taking the name... leaving the Empire basically it's their right to own the world by birth right... idiots who has the largest not strongest largest fleet in the world with about 500 odd ships give or take 30 to 50.

Leaving the main land "Europeans" as I been calling them which is wrong but there are three nations that I saw the need to look into more then just glancing at a name...

The Gaelic Juntas which own most of France some parts of the low countries and Spain if I was comparing it to a map from my world... Gaelic according to "Official" records from the Juntas was that they found some shit... but that didn't make sense they would find more info about maybe modern France and Napoléon but the "Unofficial" is that they found a lot of memes about the ancestors nation state because they have a very large army and keeps talking big... French Surrender memes... The Nation is divided into seven Military Juntas with the first one being the largest and own Parisian which is what Paris is called for them??? Why did they swap it? And each Junta has to have a standing force of at least 30 to 100 thousand troops with only the two smallest being barely able to reach the minimum... and the training is rough and different for each Junta...

The Vataciney which is the Vatican that survived and the elves that found it also found God and... after a few schisms in the nature of said God they started spreading the good word of the God by the end of the muzzle of the barrel, in other words for a good comparison is that Vataciney is this worlds Imperium of Man, Super Religious, super anti-everyone outside of our nation, so for the last five hundred years in a eternal crusade and got bogged down with the Gaelic Juntas and a few collation city states in Germany holding them off.

Leaving Polska-Lietuva Wspólnota or The translated name Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth... this worlds Russia since they control the land the is the Baltics, Russia Ukraine and Belarus... and that is stupid they do nothing for the politics in Europe due to them always fighting Mongol Horde 2.0 coming from Asia and the 2.0 of the Ottoman Empire from the Balkans... their army is the largest in the world being nearly 5.8 million give or give more 3 to 4 more million.

As I'm musing with the information, I feel someone staring at me... I look around and see two people that are looking at me with a mix of shock and disbelief... I increase my pace from a slow walk to a fast walk and before I loose sight of them, one of them is on the phone and covering his lips...

I stop musing and keep my eyes out...

.

5kms away from Jackson, 2kms away from the Base. K-9 Unit 14 tracking Kidnappers and Federal agent killers.

Three men and a Dog were tracking a scent and physical trail...

The three men were all outdoors men each one with his own tent and food supply, they had been following the what they believe to be three people had become four and had found signs of camp fires along their chase, right now they had set up their own camp for the night.

BARK BARK

The men jump as Buster their K-9 started barking suddenly... Buster was a German shepherd but the Erian Police didn't know what that breed was so called it the Erian Shepheard...  

"What's wrong boy?" The Handler asks Buster while rubbing his side.

"So he can smell me... shame." A creepy child voice echo's through the camp and surrounding trees... "Tame Monster!" Following this a small green light hits Buster on the head confusing the animal and the Handler... "I name you Fenrir!"

"Show yourself!" The Handler yells, as he tries to get Buster under control, "Buster calm down..."

"I rather not... but I have to deal with you... as much as I like being followed." The sarcasm was evident even if it came from that creepy child voice, "I am getting rid of you... starting with my Dog's former handler."

A knife comes out from one of the trees and hits, the Handler in the neck sending him to the ground it had separated his spine killing him instantly.

"Come here Fenrir." the voice says and the Dog runs into the surrounding trees disappearing from sight, "That's a good boy.. stop it that tickles..." along with that creepy voice is a giggle of enjoyment...

The other two men draw their weapons and one gets on the radio...

"This is K-9 Unit 14 we have ben-UHG..." Was all the man before another knife hits him in the back... "Attacked!" he yells into the radio before a second knife enters his neck...

The last man starts turning around on himself panicking...

"You scared of the dark?" The voice taunts him, "Fenrir mind if I use a new skill on you?"

Woof! it sounded like an affirmative.

"Monsterfication!" The voice says.

A bright light luminates the forest it was brief but what follows was a howl and made the man clutch his ears...

After the howls ends he started again looking around his bright blue pants took a darker shade in the front causing a bout of laughter from the voice...

"Fenrir see the man that pissed himself?"

"Yes!" a very deep growl responds…

"He and the bodies are your dinner."

The officer aims his pistol at the sound of crunching leaves and sees a 4 foot beast coming into his sight... "Mother of Erie save me." he says as he runs into the woods dropping his weapon and fumbling for his Radio...

"HELP ANYONE! HUGE WOLF HEL-UFURFWKFRWEFNRHUGH!" He screamed as Fenrir pounced onto the man and ripped his back open with his k-nines...

/Fenrir has leveled up/

/Monster Master has level up/

"Status." The child voice says. 

/Status/
Name: Tanya Degurechaff
Race: High-Human
Titles: Creation of the Gods
Primary-Class: Resistance Vice-Commander lvl 3
Skills: Blades of the Resistance lvl 4
Sub-Class: Monster Master lvl 2
Skills: Tame Monster lvl 2, Monsterfication

Tanya liked to a point that she would be given something related to monsters, all thou she thought it would be better if she was related to Demons or Devils due to her moniker in the show as the Devil of the Rhine, but maybe when it was leveled up more demonic shit would show up...

Spoiler

Note; This is what Tanya's skills are now, expect periotic updates as Tanya levels. End Note.

/Resistance Vice Commander lvl 3; As the Vice-Commander you can do many of the same things as the Commander, you are able to command when his the Commanders absence/

/Blades of the Resistance; You are the blades of the Resistance while your Brothers and Sisters fight with their uncivilized weapons you will fight with cold steel from the smallest of knives to the largest of Halberds/

/Monster Master lvl 2; As since you are a Monster in your world it was only fitting for you to be a Monster Master... This Class allows you to Tame pray or predators so they can be loyal to you, Difficulty is dependent from species, aggression that animal has to Humans and generally if the animal likes, fears or wants to kill you/

/Tame Monster lvl 2; This spell works by making the Monster you targeted loyal and obedient... Chance of failure is 45% if it fails three times on one animal it will become immune unless you return with it too times it's previous level and at a cost as the casters fatigue/

/Monsterfication; this spell transforms a Tamed animal into a monstrous form that you can picture in your head, limited to the Animals biology, So you can't make a Catgirl with a cat you tamed/

[collapse]

Tanya collects her knives and cleans them on the dead man's clothes... She thought that it would suck to not be able to bring a gun out of her ass... but being in CQC all the time being able to it helps for your free and to suddenly have a knife in it.

She practiced her knife throwing skills for a half hour while Fenrir eats, before burning the remints of the bodies and the tents... but taking the food back to the Base she rode Fenrir back scaring Jessica and Kerrigan.

46