Chapter 4 FRIA/Police Failure and Confusion, Magic Lore
1.6k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a week ago since Erian Police lost contact with K-9 Unit 14...

Det. Michal and Oscar had reached the limit of what the pair could do with out new evidence and now they were in a meeting with the same FRIA woman and reluctantly asked for help in this matter...

While the start of the meeting didn't go well with the woman gloating at the fact the police were groveling to her to only have her be threatened to be fired by FRIA's District Director Jameson and asked the police to share what intel they have...

The Detectives after sharing a glance began to speak, The autopsies showed that the old person that was killed by gunshots the rounds were found to be similar to an North-West firearms of the Deutsch-Nederland's City states... The younger had been stabbed with at least a 16 inch blade for it to have the power, control and depth to do the damage it had caused but what was noted was that the person doing the stabbing was able to avoid the ribcage with only minor nicks to the bones...

Following this they played the last two radio transmissions from K-9 Unit 14... the expression changed on the FRIA members when the words 'HUGE WOLF' was said course just as much confusion as it did to the dispatcher that got the call and to the rest of the Athtrim police when they heard it.

What the detectives won't expecting was a photo to be given to them...

The photo was of a woman with brown shoulder length hair, a baseball cap, a simple long-sleeve shirt, knee-length short and stockings and runners...

As the pair looked at this the District Director said something they wasn't expecting... "She match the description that Former Agent 5860 told us before his... termination at the start of this chase, We believe she is either the leader of the sympathizers or the Commando liaison from London."

The pair of Detectives looked at Jameson with a mix of "That's bullshit!" and "Where's the proof!"...

"Before you ask she alone has been the death of 7 agents counting the ones she had already killed at the start of this chase... She was spotted barely two hours before your K-9 unit was lost and five agents tried to apprehend her ignoring orders for fame or glory, and they would be found like this..." Jameson pushes three more photos over and files related to them.

The first, showed a body that was be gone recognition it seemed to have been burned with some bones showing... the address lined up with a fire that had been started only a day after lost contact with the Unit...

The second showed three agents dead... the file said that all the shots fired were at very close range and nine shell casings were found witch matched a North-West firearm Deut-Ned-Glock 19 or Glock 19 that their military uses... It was also said that the choice of weapon is to throw off suspicion of the British and throw it at the North-West City States... but the agents it said that had been killed were FRIA's top local melee specialists who had Military Experience and Served during The 12th Erian-British Unification War... and see a chance to kill one more British Commando they engaged her... and the file had a disc in it and it had "CCTV of Fight" written on it...

The Detectives noted that their was no reports of shots fired during the week. 

The third, was most perplexing even the file didn't make much sense... the agent... or frozen statue had her weapon raised with a suppresser attached ready to fire but... she seems to be frozen solid...

The Detectives looked at utter confusion at the photo... then Jameson slide a phone across the table it had a video... it replayed ten seconds of slow-motion footage… the perp was holding her left arm her gun on the ground she was wounded... The FRIA agent slowly shuffling forward, but before she could react the perp jumped to the side hitting the ground on her left side and suddenly... Ice? Came from her right hand and with in a second of a blinding white ice and snow the FRIA agent was what she is now... a Frozen statue... the perp who was sweating buckets and looked exhausted, retrieved her gun from the ground and fled...

"WHAT!?" Michal and Oscar said.

"Yes and I had two of my agents were following her... her left arm seems to be fully healed she was seen using it more then normal... she also knows about my agents since they had reported she keeps saying pervert when looking at them if you go off her lips..."

"Where?" Michal demands getting to his feet...

"She is already gone I lost contact with my men less them half an hours ago." The man replies with no hint of anything other than a cold calculating voice... "We'll find something this evening. She is interesting... we need her alive... her unnatural ability to find my men astounds me."

"Don't you care about your men?" Oscar asked.

"Why should I? Most of the Agents she has killed been foreign born not true Erian citizens, the loss of the three melee specialists was a painful one... but the rest? I could care less." His voice was even more uncaring and colder than already shown.

The meet room was silent after the directors remark, the pair of detectives could tell out of the FRIA members in the room only two of the ten here where born within Erian...

..

.

At the same time within the forest outside of Athtrim, Resistance HQ.

Jackson was returning back after dealing with a pair of agents, and would still take time.

Tanya was asleep she was meant to be resting but had fallen asleep leaning her back on Fenrir, leaving Kerrigan and Jessica to just talk, oddly on magic and the System in the whole.

"If I may ask something Priestess Kerrigan?" Jessica asked.

"That would depend miss Lacks, if it happens to affect Goddess Jackson or the Resistance." Kerrigan replies using to use an honorific of 'miss' instead of slave or just referring her by first name.

 Jessica paused on her responses the honorific felt wrong... but she didn't know why that was, she could remember when that didn't matter and it was just being polite... shacking her head she asked about Magic, "What is Magic and this blue screen thing?"

Kerrigan tiled her head in thought deeming that what she was asking is fine, Kerrigan responded, "One magic is very hard to explain, I only could really explain Holy Magic but the elemental magic and the other I would have no idea. The blue screen you speak of is the System..." She shrugs and explained that unless the Gods want to tell us about the System they had the same knowledge about that.

"So we know nothing about the System?" Jessica asked.

"Yes and No. Yes we know nothing and No we do know something. The issue is that the only one that could tell us anything is... Tanya." Both knowing that she would never answer questions about the Gods and their creations.

"So what about Magic you can tell me." Jessica changed the subject away from anything dealing with Tanya. 

Kerrigan coughed agreeing with the change in subject.

Kerrigan began be explaining what Mana was in the simplistic terms, She started by making a small light spell. And thus explained that those that can use it Mana, they can manipulate the atoms that make up the universe to well make the impossible, possible, a light spell is simple, but others like her healing magic or more complex spells, require more time for the atoms to be manipulated.

"Healing Magic can Manipulates the target body in one of two ways. One make the body produce more red and white blood cells at an increased rate for a longer but safer healing for someone with multiple wounds or near fatal, Two temporally making the person metabolism kick into overdrive doubling or even tripling the normal rate of healing, depending on wounds. Both have their ups and downs, the first takes time and needs someone to watch it the whole time, the second could if not handled well could kill the person by having they body eat themselves from it converting everything into healing material for the body leaving nothing for the muscles and bones.     

Holy Magic. That is something that is harder to explain but follows the same idea the only difference was that the person who could use it, made their own atoms/convert their body into Mana, simple put it a Priest could heal others until they die, if not given time to rest which is very slow compared to a normal person.

Elemental Magic simple.

Fire magic rather simple for those with an affinity for it. Fire only need the three things Air, Heat and Fuel. A Fire mage has all three, Air that is all around, Heat simple to do by manipulate the Atoms rub together, and Fuel the body makes plenty of oils that are flammable, but can use other sources if nearby (Gas, petrol any flammable based liquids) or use already existing fires. So you can often find that a Fire mage can use water based spells due to the almost full time need to use their own bodies oil. A Fire Magus is a terror on the field these Master allows them to use other peoples oils or even their equipment (E.G. wearing cloth armor? Fire Magus can set that on fire) for their Mastery effectively allows them to snap his or her fingers and setting a formation a soldiers on fire.

Water/Ice Magic, a surprisingly hard magic due to the requirement to turn air into water then into ice, but can be circumvented if Water or Ice is nearby allowing them to manipulate that. (similar to Water benders from avatar) But Water Magus can manipulate the water within a persons body and even turn that into ice.

Wind/Air Magic is rather self explained by simply moving air molecules at high speed, with Wind Magus being able to make small tornadoes relative to natural tornadoes but no less deadly.

Leaving Earth Magic something of an oddity, it's a magic that no living person can use due to it having a high chance of tearing out all of the iron and other metals from the your own body, but Earth Golems can use it most effectively since they have no vital organs that they could accidently destroy.

So that is as much that I know you would need to speak to practitioners" Kerrigan sucked in a deep breath.

"Could I learn to manipulate Mana?" Jessica asked, "I want to be useful to Mistress... but I can't help when I'm stuck here..."

"I'll be stopping you two right there." Tanya's voice was cold and even seemed to be laced with her Mana to add pressure, adding Mana to ones voice is something that Classes that deal with manipulating people or monsters can do well. "Jessica you want to help the Commander?" She asked.

"Yes I do!" She responded with determination, but continued in a smaller voice, "I would have to help someday... why not now rather then later?"

Tanya gave her a once over then asked, "How could you help the Commander?"

"I was asking about magic so that I could help that way but... I, I just want to help."

"Can you use a gun?"

Jessica lowered her head, "No."

"Have you killed?"

"No. Only seen people die."

"When the Commander returns we will have a look are your available classes."

Jessica's eyes light up. "Thank you." She said in a soft voice it was hard for even Kerrigan who was next to her to hear

43