Chapter 6 First Catch of the Day {Poll}
1.4k 5 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We spent two days walking, and during those days Jessica's demeanor had changed from someone who seemed helpless or someone asking if they were a burden another word she seemed very depressed, to the opposite. Her ability to cook out ways us and the food seems better, even if we did the same thing...

None the less Jessica has been more engaged with everyone else instead of shy like she was before, she still knows her station as a Servant but it hasn't stopped her from asking around for Hand to Hand Combat training... Elke beat the living shit out of her, but when Jessica used her one Skill well... Elke ended up with a broken arm blocking a punch during the rematch...

So that was strong... although that didn't stop Kerrigan from bitching at her and getting slapped. But within half a day Kerrigan's healing fixed Elke's arm who played off getting ones arm broken like it was nothing.

.

After we had reached the road we walked another day so that we had time before reinforcements could come. Our plan was to attack the first Police or FRIA Vehicle, deal with them then set up an ambush hit who ever shows up and run like hell into the woods.

The plan was crude and simple... what we needed, so far my guess is that FRIA are losing their minds hunting me down inside the Athtrim to only find out that I've moved shop.

We picked the spot a T junction with one road east, one kept heading north and the last heading back to Athtrim. Jessica informed us that the next to towns are at least five hours east or seven hours north leaving Athtrim at half an hour all by car.

From that we set the response time if a message got out which we wanted, to be three to 5 minutes from Athtrim and a two to three hours from the other towns at best speed.

Elke being our support gunner set up in the bushes facing Athtrim, Isla was set up facing North, and Kerrigan East, and the rest of us set up readying for enveloping fire, why? If a car drives towards us from Athtrim, Elke would hit them at one O'clock and us on their eleven and ten O'clock, and Kerrigan would hit them at their three leaving Isla sitting at their twelve.

..

.

We waited for a few hours... seventeen cars passed us all civilians... we didn't want them. But the eighteenth was perfect.

Police Van, it had "Erian State Penitentiary" in bright white along it's sides.

As the Van came towards us Elke opened fire in short controlled bursts hitting the windshield of the Van causing the men to panic and hit the breaks on reflex stopping and the pair sitting in the cabin ducked their heads below the dash... seeing this the Twins, Tanya and I rush the drivers side door and using some brute force with a sword we managed to wedge the thing into the door and force it open.

The second it was opened shots came from the Cops as they fired with reckless abandon at us.

We backed away and then we heard it.

Click Click. Click Click.

We heard two sets of pistols clicking as they had ran out of ammo, within a few seconds I grabbed the driver and dragged his ass out and his partner grabbed hold of him so no one was reloading.

"This is Athtrim Dispatch! Please Confirm?" The cabins radio asked

"COMFIRMED! WE ARE BEING ATTACKED! THERE TRYING TO DRAG MY DRIVER OUT!" The Passenger shouted and I could just see his hand holding the radio.

I felt someone hopped onto my back and I saw a L86 above my head.

"Hands up or your both dead!" Millie ordered them, a pair of eyes widen at being face down by the weapon.

This allowed me to finally pull the Drivers ass out and Millie ordered the Passenger out who got Kerrigan with her handgun waiting.

Tanya took the keys from the Passenger and with Elke they checked the back of the Van to find two prisoners... a pair of dudes in orange jumpsuits and handcuffed behind their backs.

We spent a few moments and gave the pair a choice, "Stay here and get arrested again. Join us and be come most wanted or Run like hell." It was false choices, Stay means Elke lights you up, Join us means we will just us you a expandable musicale or cop bait and run? Isla with her Rifle would pick them off.

One stayed, the other ran. The runner got about 50 meters before getting two in the back from Isla and the last guy was brought out and line up with the Cops who we handcuffed using their cuffs.

That is went Jessica came out and methodically searched the Van, finding the Riot shotgun with beanbags and live ammo.

Both of the Cops looked at Jessica confused... Both at what was reported as a kidnaped person and definitely at the Maid uniform...

She saw this, she looked at me I saw the question in her look and nodded to her.

"You have a Question? Lesser." A few of us blinked at that... Lesser? Tanya and I shared 'ask after this' look.

The Cops seem perturbed by this and that is when they notice a detail on my members. Ears out side of me and Tanya everyone else had their ears on full display.

"What? Why are your ears clipped?" Passenger Cop asked us, Jessica grabbed the man by the hair and pulled him almost to his feet.

"Stop." I tell her and Jessica stops before she used her skill and kicked him in the gut. "You asked why our ears clipped? They aren't, we were born like that. But what were you going to ask my Servant?" I both gave a vague answer to him and ask him one.

"Wasn't she the..."

"Kidnapped Victim? Yes, and No she isn't doing this against her will." I tell him, "Relatively" I add.

"On the contrary Mistress I am doing this willingly." She corrects me.

Okay then, but I could both see and hear the gears turning in the Cops head and now the prisoner was starting to get confused.

CLAP! Tanya loud clap ended everything. "Were on a time limit, Commander we need to move the Van into position." Right.

"Elke! Twins set up in Elke's position, Isla head back to yours and I want kill shots maim only if you think that someone is going to help. Emma you help with the Van." I order the people, Elke fired a bursts killing the three men we had captive and started driving the Van forward with the help of Emma who was standing were we needed the Vehicle to be.

The Twins set up were Elke was and Isla ran back to her post.

"Now Kerrigan put this on." I hand her two Red Cross armbands, if the Hospital in town use them then they know what it means.

She understand and places them on her Upper arms. If I was going to make this a War-ish I still should act with some chivalry... nevermind killing those three and the forth guy count as a war crime if this was a war... funny thing about insurgents.

Well I am not going to attack those that aren't attacking... but none the less.

With the Van moved, Elke had set up on the roof, Emma had set up in the woods with the Tanya, Jessica and Fenrir. 

The Twins set up ready to fire and me standing in the open over the bodies with Isla overwatching us.

.

Checking my status.

/Status/
Name: Jackson Myes
Race: High-Human
Titles: Executioner,
Primary-Class: Resistance Leader lvl 6
Skills: Personal Protection, For The Resistance!, Marked Target, Call Maid,
Sub-Class: Slavery Magic lvl 3
Skills: Make Slave lvl 2, Asset Assessment lvl 1,

I ask the System to tell me about my new skills other then Call Maid, that is what I can use to bring Jessica to me instantly.

/For The Resistance!; This call will rally all nearby Resistance member to your call improving their morale but this also strikes fear into the enemy, while your men Rally the enemy turn craven/

/Marked Target; Marking a target will have a icon appear above them, this mark can be a kill order to capture, this is meant to identify High Value Targets/

/Asset Assessment lvl 1; What use is a slave if you don't know what they are worth, this skill at level one will give you vague idea of what they are good for. Later on this skill could and would open special Class trees/

Okay then. Oh what does my Title do?

/Title Executioner; You have Executed a person in cold blood regardless if it was a mercy or an order you preformed that act without issue. If you execute someone your Resistance members will gain a very small amount of XP and the Enemy will Fear you/

Cool... Is that sirens?

"INCOMING!" I shout to everyone.

.

It only took them seven minutes... slower then expected...

Two police cars... two per car... and a Van the looked heavily armored it's seems to be a SWAT type of unit, my guess is that if it's the same as the Penitentiary Van we have... at most sixteen men if your stuffing, but it's going to be ether a Section and a Fire Team or three Fire Teams...

The Police set up a road block turning their cars now facing their sides at me, the 'SWAT' Van breaks hard the back door get opened and ten people hopped out in head to toe, yep SWAT unit, in full dark blue with white writing that said Erian Police Tactical Team or EPTT.

Two Cops were approaching me but stopped to check the dead men, the whole time no body said a thing to me or each other and from what I can tell no one was on radio.

Looking up to the sky I speak, "Lovely day, no?" My Question catches the two Cops near me off guard, and they take a step back.

I chuckle, "What scared of little old me?"

The closest Cop a female draws her stun gun and shouts, "Hands on your head and turn around!" She commanded me, although it had no confidence, I laugh in her face.

She fires and with a little use of imagination, I use my Mana to increase my speed and I caught the barbs by the wires, and yanking the stun gun dragging the officer with it, we ended up being lest than a half a meter from my face.

She looked at me with disbelief as her ashen eyes widen in terror and her breathing grew rapid... activating Asset Assessment.

/This one would be most suited in the field of the flesh/

Okay then... glazing up I see no other people I could want, I mark her for capture.

My left hand suddenly shoots out and grabs hold of her handgun that she had allowed to go unprotected, the other officer with her? abandoned her and retreated back to the police line...

The panicking police girl, grabs hold of my sleeves and hand to try to salvage this, I imbuing my Mana with my growl which makes her stop... for a Cop she seems very? Submissive... my right hand grabs her by the throat and I look up at the others.

"Show yourselves or I kill her!" I shout at the cowards, and I move the Cop in-front of me to fuck with any shots on me they may have had...

Two of the higher ranked looking people exposed themselves more... good, I gave a long whistle. one instantly lost his head to Isla's shot, Elke and the Twins laid down fire the Police cars down with a deluge of fire catching two more EPTT personal. 

3 active normal officers, 1 subdued, 9 active Erian Police Tactical Team-members, 3 KIA.

With the time I have, I take the belt off the Cop allowing all her gear to hit the ground, I had taken her handcuffs before doing so, and placed the cuffs on her wrist to her ankle and move to cover dragging my little Cop... to the front of the Van we had captured 

And then the main act arrives...

(POV 3rd person)

Looking right where the Forest was the gunfire covered the sound crunching of leaves.

Emma emerged and the fire on the cop line shifted to prevent blue on blue.

"MY FAITH IS MY ARMOR!" Emma Shouts, the skill activates a surge of energy filling her, the weight of her Body Armor is nothing, the weight of her weapon is nothing. Her Faith in the Goddess is infallible. 

Emma fires her first shot, the pellets tore into the sides of three enemies, two EPTT members hit the ground holding there sides screaming and the third was a normal police officer died as he was the closest to Emma when she fired.

2 active normal officers, 1 subdued, 9 active Erian Police Tactical Team-members, total 2 WIA, total 4 KIA.

Tanya and Fenrir joined the fray, Fenrir running straight passed the Paladin smashing EPTT members and police aside like bowling pins, Tanya dived off his back Daggers ready and slashed a throat of a downed Police officer and throw another into a EPTT member's head the side of the helmet being unable to stop the Dagger.

She looked up and saw Fenrir had a War Prize in his mouth.

"CONTACT LEFT!" "OFFICER DOWN!" "MEDIC!" "IS THAT A WOLF?" "THAT WOLF GOT THE SARGE!" Multiple EPTT members shouted and tried to rally together.

The Twins advanced from there position and engaged the last two Police Officers that tried moving for there cars getting a kill between them.

0 active normal officers, 6 active Erian Police Tactical Team-members, total 2 WIA, total 9 KIA, 1 subdued.

Emma Advanced passed Tanya entering muzzle range with her Remington as she blasted away the closest EPTT member that tried to shoot Tanya in the back.

The next one behind the dead man fired his primary which was a SMG, the bullets doing nothing to Emma's torso armor, he too got a face full of pellets, she pumped expelling the empty shell.

Bang!

Blood splattered over the Police car next to Emma as the shot tore through her throat, luckily missing her spine but nicked her carotid artery, she grabbed her throat with her left hand and aimed with her right firing killing the person that shot her, the recoil pushed her to the ground with her Shotgun clattering as it was sent flying.

"MEDIC! EMMA!" Tanya shouted as she moved to dodge a kick thrown her way by a Corporal of the EPTT who had his combat knife drawn.

Kerrigan upon hearing the call bolted out from the forest.

Elke intensified her fire on the men that had moved behind the EPTT's Van and the Twins kept moving on the flanks so that they can get shots on them as well.

A EPTT member saw Kerrigan took aim then Hesitated at seeing the Armbands but those to exposed themselves for too long got hit ether by the Twins, Elke or Isla.

He chose against shooting at someone that was clearly marked out.

Kerrigan got to Emma and in disregard to all orders she allowed her wings and halo to appear, the wings moved around her and her comrade in a protective manor, the wings shone with a low golden hue as they started absorbing the Sunlight to boost her Mana regain as she started healing Emma.

The sight surprised the EPTT members who faltered allowing a few more to be picked off, 1 by Isla with a shot through the throat, the Twins wounding 1 between them, and Elke who had ran out of ammo abandoned her primary weapon and charged with her side arm drawn firing to maintain a semblance of suppressive fire.

It wasn't long before SMGs and Pistols were being tossed out from the EPTT's cover and the fire stopped as the men stepped out with there helmets off and what was clearly their last letters in their hands.

Meanwhile Tanya and the Corporal had traded blows, it was evident to her that the Corporal was far more experience in hand to hand, the only reason why she wasn't dead was due to the length of her weapon along side her speed.

The Corporal had his body armor torn up from slashes allowing his ceramic plate to being exposed, he was breathing heavily, he couldn't believe that a child had run him ragged.

Tanya wasn't that better off, she was effectively running on fumes and had to use her Mana to help her stay alive, her cloths had several holes from stabs and slashes but due to it being loose fitting she, herself hadn't been hit luckily.

The Corporal looked around himself to find that his comrades had given up, he knew he was fucked but didn't give up. With the last of his strength he rushed forward slashing wildly at Tanya who tried to block some of the slashes but found her self being pushed to her limit as well.

Tanya's body started glowing a golden light, one blink normal eyes, second blink her eyes turned golden and her mouth formed into her signature smile.

As the Corporal slowed, Tanya strikes, Her swings fast and devastating, strike one cuts the mans hand removing a few of his fingers, strike two takes his arm, and the third embeds her blade in the mans chest with a deep slash from shoulder to sternum stopping as her blade dug into the sternum.

She slowly pulls her weapon out... her muscles wanted her to stop moving but she couldn't.

The moment the blade was free from the Corporal's chest and had to push her sword into the asphalt to help her maintain balance.

"Gods I hate you." She muttered, "Fenrir!"

Her loyal companion came bounding over to his Master, his mouth bloody with EPTT Sargent and some torn shreds of his uniform in his k-nines, she got hold of his fur to help her

0 active normal officers, 0 active Erian Police Tactical Team-members, total 4 WIA, total 9 KIA, 5 subdued.

'Now what to do with the captives?' Jackson thought

A/N

Now, I am going to ask you all.

This will effect the Story.

Does she order the execution of a defeated enemies now that she is operating openly as she is now?

Or will she follow the Rules of War, treat the wounded, not kill them and so on.

And please use common sense when it comes to this.

If she just has them dead in such a way what would stop the Police from doing the same? Or FIRA.

But if she follows the Rules and treats them they may be arrested more likely then shot. 

Non the less I would be interested to see what you dudes and dudets think she should do?

What to do with the Captives?
  • Order their execution Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Or Follow what is right to do for a defeated enemy Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Comments section suggestion? Votes: 5 31.3%
Total voters: 16 · This poll was closed on Oct 20, 2020 12:11 PM.
34