11 Months
548 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up with a groan, 69 felt the cruel sunlight on his face. He felt irritated. Shadows were calming and all but it was the prickling heat that seemed to trigger the most irrational side of his existence in the entirety of one month. He looked around, maybe he had fallen 'asleep' earlier, he was also the first one to wake up earlier and when he gazed at the remaining 9 of his siblings, something he hadn't realized yesterday finally clicked into his mind. They were reduced to a sum total of ten. Do not mistake 69's ability to count. He still hadn't surpassed the hurdle of 6 but seeing such few siblings, 69 couldn't help but feel a little strange. 

"Why aren't the rest of them, back yet?" He mumbled to himself. He had heard master drone about killing them one day and usually, most of them would bleed to his beating only to be healed the next day, and even if they guys bled more than usual yesterday, they should've just miraculously returned. Only they didn't. Master was nowhere to be seen while the hut now revealed itself to be formed from dark-blue woods which was simply not visually representative to the gaze of the ogres in the night.

"For a monster, you are surprisingly perceptive, eh?" A brutal voice echoed as 69 turned around, his body still covered by rags. With his gaze falling on a giant of a man far burlier than their master, white hair in some fashion of tendrils reaching past his thick neck and aside from a pair of dark-grey, wet underpants, nothing covered his wrinkly body. "They all are dead. In simple terms, they won't ever return. I'll name you Greth, after the Master Arc Ogre. May Kraven bring you glory and fairness of all regrets." The man walked past 69... Greth, swung his hut open and magically, the remaining ogres started waking up one by one. They looked around, confused just like Greth had been a few moments ago.

"69, where... are them?" 34 inquired, pushing her round, snobby face in front of Greth as he looked at the closed doors before informing what he had been informed. "They won't return. They are killed, so they are not supposed to return. Call me Greth, I am the new master."

Greth proclaimed loudly, inviting dubious gazes from his siblings as 34 turned her head, a little surprised by the fluidity of Greth's speech. "G...reth?" She mumbled to herself as another one from the group mumbled with a hint of caution. "So.. you will beat... night?"

"Of course," Greth grinned, revealing his modest tusk, "Yep. Now, get your ass here!" Easily acting and recalling Master's speech, Greth held 34's wrist only for her to scream in fear. At this time, the door of the hut opened with a soft creak. Instead of an almost naked man, a man in leather armor walked out. His gaze piercing as he snapped his fingers, making Greth let go of 34 while inducing the ten ogre kids to form a horizontal line in front of him as he coughed, "You are not a master, boy," Mozart commented, "My name is Mozart and the man you once knew as the master is called Khuran. Now, you will do as I say and that will start from learning your names. Greth, take a step forward."

Whatever sorcery Mozart induced, he did not use it this time as Greth took a shaky step forward with the feeling of invasion within his body still very real. "Being the first-named, you will hold the responsibility for your siblings. This task comes only with punishments. Now, you," Mozart pointed at 34, "The first female of the group. You'll be named Citrus. Every generation of Citrus usually fight to the death so take the impending training with utmost determination."

Then, Mozart continued to name the remaining two ogre sisters and six ogre brothers. Without waiting, however, Mozart commanded the group of ogre kids to follow him in an orderly manner and they did. Discipline was beaten in their bones and if someone who claimed to teach them and take care of them ordered something, they would try to achieve it regardless of the cost. Enthusiastically, the line of kids with Greth in the front followed Mozart until he stopped near the closest stream, marking the beginning of their training other than getting beat up.

---

Mozart turned out to be far more crueler than Master. Under Khuran, despite physical abuse, the kids never felt any danger to their life stemming from their intuitions despite their distinct lack of knowledge regarding the concept of death but Mozart wasn't plying and smoking high-inducing leaves while using strange miracles. No, he would leave the kids out in the night, abusing their crippling visual sensors while only arming them with wooden weapons that they crafted under Mozart's instructions in the first place. No, after the death of two brothers, easing the hunger of a pack of hyenas, that frequented the hut, for two days, but the night of third one, they began countering. 

From dawn to a little over sunrise they would sleep before making their way to the stream to fish and lay traps to find food. They learned how to sew. They learned how to battle against each other and standing for themselves. They learned martial obedience by Mozart's surprising lack of presence after the first week. Aside from the pack of hyenas, the remaining seven kids, after another loss, finally divided themselves. No longer remained a shred of naive feelings amongst them as they each stood for their own 'group.' Out of all them, the first to be named, Greth had it the worst. He was the leader, and he failed spectacularly, and with those failures came scars of punishment that...

Failed to change him, still. His sheer stubborn nature finally attracting the eye of the current Master and the slightest bit of emotion from the kids that Mozart reasoned as respect despite their varying faction. 

6