Chapter 34 – Tale of Tender Tails
618 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CW: Nudity, Discussion of Genitals

 

With the fake witch (at least, I hope she’s not a real witch) unconscious and hopefully not remembering anything she might have just seen, Sue-Zee semi-shouts something along the lines of ‘Brute Justice, cruise away’, and their metal armour seems to disperse into light along with their hologram, leaving them in the form of Navi so we can all hop out the window and be on our way--

“Boo.”

“NYA!!” I screech, whipping around and accidentally slugging Jay in the face. “Oh my goddess! I’m so sorry Jay, are you okay?!”

He groans and coughs, pulling himself back up, dusting his cloak off, and adjusting his nonexistent tie.

Fine, no thanks to you. I suppose we are natural enemies in these forms, aren’t we…”

I playfully stick my tongue out at him before fishing the compact out of my belt and handing it to him.

“Sorry, I don’t use this stuff you know--”

“IT’S NOT FOR YOU, DUMMY!!” I shout, getting a snicker out of the coy bird.

“This’ll do good, though. Pissed you guys didn’t even bother to wait for me to show up last night. I even helped with the baddies! No respect at all.”

Fox leans against the wall of the manor and looks at Jay suspiciously.

You? Helping innocent bystanders? Jay, you’ve never done a nice thing in your life if it didn’t mean being paid.”

“Yeah, well, boss’ orders are boss’ orders,” the bird complains, crossing his arms. “There are two absolutes to me: anything for the right price and anything to not die by the boss’ command.”

I hear a snort from Fox, only for Jay’s cloak to be flung up and slap her in the face after he hands me another wad of cash.

“Smell ya later, suckers.”

I shake my head in amusement as Jay departs into the shadows.

Brzt-- Did… Did he just imply his underworld boss was trying to keep the city streets clean of Radiant folk…?” Sue-Zee chimes in suddenly.

...Huh, they make a good point.

“Guess so. But that just means we’re getting more help, right? So we can focus more on our heists! It’s a good thing!”

For some reason, Sue doesn’t seem all too convinced by my reasoning.

Brzt-- Alright. Just…be careful please. You really don’t want to get tangled up in the wrong crowd, and this crowd is…pretty wrong.”

Fox and I look at each other, then Navi.

“Something the matter, you two?” Fox asks, concern welling in her voice.

Brzt-- No no! No, yeah, we’re fine! Just, uhh. Y’know. Underworld dealings. Doesn’t sound…too friendly.”

I almost want to say they’re leaving something out, but they are right. Our job in the city is done for now though, so we all nod to one another. Navi floats down into Fox’s arms so she can hook it up to her belt before we set off for home.

 

Wouldn’t it have been nice if the night had just ended with that, going home, snuggling up with my girlfriend, waking up and becoming closer to our true selves once day comes. A message from our navigators once we’re halfway to Railsent puts us on edge.

Krzt-- Ay, careful you two. I’m hearing some commotion going on outside, people are starting to leave their houses. Unclip Navi and we’ll get some eyes in the sky.”

Fox and I slow our run home as she lets Navi loose and we watch them zip back towards home. A few moments pass as we slowly walk towards Railsent until Zee checks back in.

Krzt-- They… they don’t seem happy. Like, literal angry mob shit. Not much, but one or two torches, maybe some pitchforks?… Stay clear of the north side of town, that’s where everyone’s gathered. I’ll get as close as I can to listen.”

That’s really not good. The two of us begin changing course so we can enter town from the east instead, finding it rather barren as we approach.

“Any updates, you two?” Fox checks in as we begin to sneak closer to the part of town with the gathering.

Krzt-- Yeah, slight false alarm, no pitchforks thankfully…It looks like a bunch of folks are gathering for a town meeting, but they look fairly agitated. They’re entering town hall now. I don’t think we’ll be able to pick much up from Navi…”

Cat and I look at one another nervously and nod, the two of us then making our way towards town hall. Thankfully, it’s not long before we’re pinned against a wall, and we know from experience that we’ll be able to pick up on some of the meeting from the east wall. Unfortunately, this meeting seems like really bad news for us.

“This is the fourth night in a row!”

“Where’s my husband?!”

“Is it true? A werewolf?”

“No, it was like slenderman with cat ears.”

Ough. I cringe real hard at that one.

“I don’t look like slenderman, do I…?”

Fox snorts. “I don’t know what that is, but you’re definitely a beautiful and slender woman.”

“Oh? Are you sure about that~?” I tease, lowering myself to bring my chest closer to her eye level and watching as her blush shines through her already red fur.

“Y-you know what I meant! P-please Cat!”

As much fun as that is, the folks in the meeting continue their fear mongering. Taking a quick peek into a nearby window, we see Harold at the head of the meeting table. He doesn’t seem happy at all, both with the townsfolk and the rumours. Thankfully, he seems able to deescalate the situation somewhat, but everyone, Harold included, is still on edge.

“People are missing!”

“What are we going to do?!”

“I even saw a chupacabra!”

Now I snort at that one, since they most likely saw the Rosestein kobold fleeing from town. Still, there’s not much else to laugh at, and also not much we can do besides get the hell away from all this. I know I’m getting deeply uncomfortable, and I get a similar feeling from Fox, so I take her hand and we rush back towards home. Once inside, we slam the door shut and take a moment to breathe.

“We’ve been seen,” Fox mutters.

“I mean…it’s not like there’d be much hiding it with how we’re progressing during the day.”

“I-I know! I totally forgot about that after… well… you know…”

I huff and put on a smile for my girlfriend, lowering myself to her eye level.

“Focus on that for now then. We’re both tired and stressed right now. But we’ve got each other. We always will. We’ll figure out a way through this just like we have everything else.”

“...Together…”

She finally smiles back, and we both lean in to kiss. God! Every time makes my heart flutter! I wanna act cool for Fox, but jeez, if she doesn’t make me wanna scream love.

Krzt-- Man, you two are such good friends. Anyways, I’ll… I’ll talk to Harold tomorrow. I figured the townspeople trusted me enough to tell me about rumours, especially of this magnitude, but… apparently not? Hoy… You two get some good sleep, we’re gonna try and do the same.”

“Alright. Thanks for all your help, you two,” Fox says, and I mirror her sentiment with a mrrp before we both take the clips out of our ears, at which point my partner lets out a tired sigh.

“You ready for bed, hun?”

Fox walks over to the counter and hangs her belt up before looking at me with a smile and nodding.

“...Wasn’t expecting to learn as much about myself as I did tonight. Seems to be a running theme this past week, hasn’t it? Like a non-stop barrage of punching puzzle pieces directly where they fit into me.”

It has been a lot for her, hasn’t it? I’m learning things about myself too, sure, but ALL of this is new to her. Poor girl… As exciting as it all is, it’s gotta be just a bit overwhelming.

“That’s what the days are for now, aren’t they? Learn something new at night, let it sink in during the day. Why don’t we spend tomorrow adjusting to everything together?”

The drowsy girl perks up at the suggestion, giving me a wide, happy smile and nodding.

“I’d love that.” 

Fox takes my belt out of my hand and hangs it up for me as I approach, only to take my hand a second later YES. I love taking the initiative, but… God dang it, when Fox takes charge I could just melt into her.

“Yeah, well. I love you.”

She snorts at me. “I love you too, dork.” 

Fox cutely covers her mouth with her hand as she takes me to my bed. It’s only slightly larger than her’s, but it matters considering how much taller I am now. I instinctually begin taking off my pants before remembering Fox’s comfort… Only for her to look up and shake her head at me as I hesitate.

“Go ahead.”

YYYYYEEEEESSSSSS

The pants are OFF.

SAME WITH THE SOCKS

AND THE GLOVES

AND THE T-- the… The top…

Oh my god, am I really getting embarrassed about this?! I’m standing here, hen on the house, even if Fox’s back is turned at the moment, but the moment I think about pulling my top off, I get flustered?! C’mon, Cat! I slap my cheeks lightly and sigh, actually getting a better look at Fox and she’s starting to take off her chest piece excuse me.

“U-uhm, you don’t have to sleep nude too if that’s…”

But she begins to turn her head to look at me, a soft yet sly and knowing expression looking at me, only for her to begin to blush at the sight of me. Looks like we’re both bad at trying to be cool.

“O-oh, uhm. Well, first off, I’m… I’m fine with it I think,” she says, unclipping her chest piece and letting it fall and there they are. Oh, crap, don’t stare. Don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable…

“Second… Uhh… You’re like me then? Like…down there.”

Oh!

I perk up and look more directly at her, smiling and giving an enthusiastic nod as I take a seat on my side of the bed.

“Yeah! My feelings on it are a bit complicated, but overall, I’ve been able to see it as less of a gender-influenced thing and more of… I dunno. It’s not a cock, it’s a hen. It’s different.”

Fox just stares at me for a moment before she begins to laugh. “It’s not a cock, it’s a hen, huh? We can just…do that? They’re girl dicks, not boy dicks?”

“Exactly! I won’t say I haven’t considered the possibility of getting surgery for that, but right now, I’m comfortable with my body as is.”

Her smile persists, going from a more enthusiastic one to more of a gentle, understanding smile, the girl beginning to take her pants and socks off as I did, then taking a seat on her side of the bed.

“Hmm. At first I’d taken it as a sign that things were wrong, that I’d kept it because I’m not really, uhh, yeah. But maybe I’m more comfortable about it than I thought, especially after hearing your experience. But also…having…something else--”

“You can say vagina, honey.”

“Gah! I-I just don’t want to be…I dunno, it’s like, I don’t have one, so…”

Oh, sweetie. I give her a face that says just that, and she begins to pout, prompting me to slide closer to her side and pull her closer into a hug, the girl wrapping her arms around mine without looking at me.

“You’ve still got reservations about being a girl?” I ask, only then realizing that might have been a bit blunt. 

Thankfully, Fox is understanding. “Yeah. It’s just because we’re… Ugh, how do I say this without sounding insensitive…”

“Being a trans girl is different from being a cis girl, it’s okay to say that because it’s true. That’s why we’re trans. We’re all girls, we’re just different girls is all. All girls are different.”

She nods, still looking down at her lap. I place my paw on her thigh, and she finally looks up at me.

“You know… I don’t think I’d want to be a cis girl,” I admit. 

My partner looks at me confused, but something in their eyes betrays that their heart knows.

“I wouldn’t give up being trans for anything. We’ve got our struggles, sure, but…it’s a part of who I am. I’m happy to have been able to make the journey. Now, if I could have transitioned instantly the moment I realized I’m a girl, hell yeah, I’d have done it.” I smile down at her before looking over at my window. “Just had to wait quite a few more years before that could actually happen. And then it did. And now I’m a catgirl. Living the dream here.”

Fox snorts at me, bringing her hand atop mine, then turning it over to squeeze at my paws playfully.

“Can’t believe I’m dating a real life catgirl. What would all our highschool peers think now?”

I can’t help but laugh at her, gripping at her hand with each squeeze she gives mine.

“I can’t believe I’m dating you, the girl I’ve loved my whole life.”

That gets her. Fox blushes real hard before shoving her face into the fur of my arm, getting a quick ‘nya ha ha’ out of me.

 

“...I…I love you too, Cat…” Fox mumbles.

God DANG it pierces me right through the heart. The sincerity in her voice, the trepidation over learning to understand her feelings, and the fact that it’s all directed at me from her. I turn my blushing face away and reach over to pat her head, hearing those happy fox noises begin to escape her.

“Such a good girl…”

I look back and watch as her ears pin themselves to the sides of her head, her tail, looking to have grown back in full by now, swishing from side to side. Oh, crap, I just dropped that bomb on her, didn’t I.

“...Such a beautiful girl…” I whisper, undoing her hair tie and letting her flowing locks spill out fuuuuuck she’s so goddamn PRETTY. She nuzzles up to me even more, and… Yeah. This girl just needs some high quality affirmation.

“...I’ve always been smitten by you like this, y’know.”

My partner continues to nuzzle against me, looking up into my eyes, hers sparkling at me curiously.

“I’m serious. You’ve always had this beauty to you. Regardless of this form or that, you’ve always been beautiful to-- O-oh my god Fox, should I stop?!”

The girl holds my arm still, gentle tears streaming down her face.

“No. Please don’t. I…”

She can’t even finish before moving to sit in my lap, which is, y’know, currently a danger zone, but fuck, I can’t even imagine how long her body’s been waiting to cry so happily. I push all other thoughts besides her out of the way, hugging her tightly as I lean back to lay on my bed. My heart feels so warm right now. She nuzzles away at my cheeks, and I swear I can feel myself starting to cry too, like she’s sharing all her feelings wordlessly, pouring her heart out, and I feel just how much I mean to her…

Okay, yeah. I’m crying.

FUCK.

I LOVE HER SO FUCKING MUCH.

Oh my god.

I’d gotten so lost in our feelings I didn’t notice I’m purring again.

Fuck yes.

I want this night to go on forever.

The entire world around me is gone right now.

No, that’s not accurate.

Fox is my world right now.

I’ve got my whole world wrapped in my arms right now.

 

Eventually, much cuddling later, the tears begin to slow, and Fox pushes herself up to look at me, that beautiful, caring face simply taking my breath away.

“And you call me beautiful?” Oh here she goes. “I can’t even recall the times I’d look at you and…” She brings one of her hands to my cheek, brushing away the hair covering one side of my face. “...Wish I could be as pretty and charming as you… And despite that… even now that I am how I look, I look at you and see the same beauty… Only now I get to admire it in a much more special way.”

“Fox shut up you’re gonna make me cry again.” I plead to her, pulling her back down so that our lips can meet, holding them there, sweetly and tenderly, our heads slowly tilting as it becomes more and more intimate. Laying here, her atop me, our bodies pressed together--

“MY TITS--” I exclaim, Fox rocketing up and sitting atop me as I remember I forgot to take my top off.

“Wh-- I-is everything alright, Cat?!”

“Ah. Yeah. Yes. Sorry, I uhh, forgot to… Undress fully.” I admit, looking down at my chest still held within my heist top. My hands come up to the bottom of it and I take hold. And lay there. Not moving.

“...You don’t have to if you aren’t comfortable, kitty.”

“I am! I’ve never been more comfortable with you than I am now! I want to share everything with you, I just…”

I look up at Fox. Despite her nervousness and reservations, she always had this confidence to her that let her do anything she set her mind to… Including sitting atop me, completely nude.

“...Do you want some help?”

Oh dear god Fox please don’t feel what you just did to me. My heart is about to beat out of my chest, even more so seeing Fox’s own hesitation, looking from side to side with a flushed face. You are so fucking cute and you don’t even know it. I give Fox a meek nod, and I watch her lean down, hands moving mine aside, my fur standing up as I shiver and lay back for her. Slowly but surely, her gentle claws begin to pull up my top, so slow, I can tell Fox is worrying. But she took the first step for me, so I’ll help her along the path. I take her wrists in my hands and smile at her surprise as I begin to ease her hands up and up at just slightly faster a pace, the girl collapsing over me once I’m bare, leaving me to pull the rest over my head and toss it to the side as I chuckle, petting her once again.

“Not so slender, right?”

“Shut up.”

God, she is so cute! Finally, she’s laying atop me, nothing between us as I hold our bodies even closer. As attractive as I do find her, and let me tell you, she’s a goddamn BOMBSHELL, what I feel more than that is our connection. This isn’t just a nude couple in bed together. It’s two girls, who’d spent their entire lives hiding themselves away from the world, bearing themselves in all their glory to the ones they trust most. I can feel her love in such a raw way now. I don’t doubt she can feel mine too.

It is getting kinda chilly though, despite our new fur, it’s still autumn soon turning to winter. I pull the blankets over us and watch Fox melt into me even more, smiling at her and petting her as she looks up at me, the wagging of her tail threatening to throw off the covers I’d just pulled over us.

“You comfy on me? You don’t wanna spoon again instead?”

“Mm… Got a blanket… ‘n pillows… ‘m good…” she mumbles, resting her head atop my chest as she closes her eyes.

“Pff, oh my god honey, you’re such a dork…!”

“Mmmyeah, but… ‘m your dork…”

I can’t not kiss her now. Seeing her smile as I pull her up, how eagerly she presses her lips to mine, our kiss going on and on…it all makes my heart do tricks I didn’t know were possible.

“I love you, hun.”

“I love you, kitty…”

...I let the name ‘Cat Vixen’ mull about my mind for the rest of the night, filling me with butterflies even as we fall asleep.

41