Chapter 2: Learning Things
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wen I got outside the Inn I looked at, the sky was bright and open but the temperature is still cold, I looked down and saw my shoes was filled with snow all the way to the skin of my feet, I saw the kids from before was waving at me, after seeing things like this, I feel like I want to stay down here forever, I want to learn more about this world... and that's what I did.

The name of the Man who's the owner of the Inn was Shawn and her wife Nora, she was the woman who treats me, they treat me like part of their family, I asked them if they can teach me by writing a letter.I learned how to write from the ruin library of the castle, there was not much books I can find on the rotten book shelves.

They agreed on teaching me but in free time.

...

The next day, they teach me how to help them at work and the teach me at night, they first taught me how to carry the serving tray, then the proper food preparing, they said I was learning fast and soon after they taught me how to use knives but really careful. When I touched the blade for the first time I feel weird, I remembered something,  a man was running toward a dark smoke wielding a dark massive sword, he looks like a dark knight, I let go the knife and everything back to normal, I feel my heart pumping fast, I looked at the knife, I hold it again and the blade and nothing happen, it must be my adrenaline who triggers it.

While I still have no work to do, I looked outside from the window, I saw kids playing, just looking at them I feel happy, I couldn't help myself and keep staring at them, I forgot that I was standing at a stool a fell down, I hurt myself, I looked at the bruise and it was near the black scar at my leg, I touched and it really hurts, I touched the scar and it really hurts but I bear it. I was releasing thin dark smoke. I stopped touching it when Shawn needs me.

... 

The moon rise after hours of working, I didn't feel tired, I go back to the room and read books, I was thinking of going to the library to learn more but I think I need an adult to supervise me, I kept reading even after Shawn and Nora was sleeping, I could't sleep even if I try, was seeing things like running through trees and and walking with an old man, my head was hurting and I couldn't speak, my throat was hurting even if I was just  breath through the mouth.

I opened the window near my bed and look bellow, it was lightly raining with snow again but the sky was visible. I looked at the moon while I was shedding tears, I don't know why but I feel sad, I feel lonely but at the same time I'm happy, I smiled but couldn't express my feeling, as what happen to me now, I just realized this is what it feels when you're linked with original, sharing some same memories.

I saw a dragon near from the bright moon, with that thing I became scared and hide under the blanket and tried to sleep.

... 

The next day I asked Nora if she can be with me all the way to the library but...

Nora: You don't need an adult to get inside the library, just be careful.

With that note I go at the library near the Inn, the shelves was filled wit books that are organized, with the help from what I've learn when reading books at the Inn  was able to know the meaning and contents of the books.

I was really enjoying my reading until i discover the weaponry, armor and magic related books, but the magic related contents are being supervised by a wizard, mage and warlock, they said the same that those books are not meant for kids, I really want to learn magic but I think that I still have a limit.

I couldn't read some magic related contents so I stick with the weapon and armor books, I was learning things too many things, I don't know why but I like weapon and armor related contents, until a boy come towards me.

???: You're reading those stuffs, do you want to be a black smith? You should read things like you need to learn in school... Here...

They boy gave me a books, the contents are about plants, animals and creatures. For some reason I feel liking it too, the smiled at him as a thanks, she blushed as he keep her eye contact away from me.

???: Why are you looking at me like that?

Layne:.... 

I kept staring at him.

Weston: My names's James Weston, you can call me Weston, now can you pleases stop looking at me like that?

I don't know why but I think he already know how girls look at a person that makes them uncomfortable, I turned around and gave back the books that he gave me after reading few of it, It was a rude of me by leaving him alone after he helped me and show me interesting books.

I roam around the library more to find some interesting book, I can feel he's following me, I look around but he looks fast and quiet. I go outside the library and walk straight to the inn.

While i as walking I feel weird when I felt someone was following me more heavier that what  feel in the library with Weston, I look around, it was crowded but I did't saw someone, I kept on walking but I keep my senses sharp.

I closed the door as soon as I reached the entrance of the Inn, I feel much more vulnerable outside without someone with me. I helped them as soon as I get enough rest, Instead of reading I go to sleep.

...

I woke up in a  nightmare, it was dark, I saw a shadow formed like a person, it appears near me and it was Gandor.

Gandor: You foul creation, why did you leave the castle! You will be punished once I found you.

I feel the  anger of him, I couldn't move, my body was numb but I can feel my body aching, I was like being chocked and couldn't breathe. I saw little boy who's hair was pointy like me, he was looking at me, he was grey eyes that was same as me... I asked myself if that is the real one?

I struggle to loosen Gandor's grip, I couldn't breathe and the boy saw it, the boy pushed Gandor's back that makes him loose his grip and fell, when I hit my head to the ground I opened my eyes and completely awake.

...

I go out from the bad and ready myself to help them, I feel dizzy when I wake up, while I was preparing my scarf I fainted. I woke in the night and Shawn and Nora was looking at me.

Shawn: Are you alright?

I nod my head as a "Yes" while Nora was putting a wet towels to my head.

Nora: Your head is hot, it looks like you're sick.

Shaw: You should take a rest for now.

I was shocked and wave my head as  "NO" but they said that I must not move to or I'll tire myself. I was looking at the window as I lay down seeing the bright moon as the room as dark when the fireplace and candles are dead, I was really thinking of who was that boy... is it the original or another clone like me.

I hold the book I was reading and continue in the middle of the night. While I was reading, I saw a shadow at the window forming a sneaking person, I hide myself under the blanket but I kept my eyes open at the window, is shows itself and it was Weston.

Weston: So this is where you live. I didn't expect you to live in an Inn, but what happened to you?

I couldn't speak and so I just kept quiet, he jumped from the window and sit at the bed, he was holding the same books that he gave me, I looked at him but he still avoiding contact with me, I hold a small mirror beside me and look at myself, my eyes are still gray as always, he's just shy I think.

Weston: So have you finished reading the book?

I swing my head as a "No".

Weston: Hmm... You can have my books for now.

Layne: ?!

Weston: Don't worry I finished reading it all and I'll get it as soon as you finished reading... I'll leave it here at the table, bye.

He jumped out of the window after he left the books at the table, I was thinking on how did he jumped here this high and jumped down like nothing, I grabbed the book and read it.

I was wondering why he said his name without asking mine.

...

The morning sunlight hits my face unaware that I fell asleep while I was reading, Shawn and Nora said that I'll not e working today and must rest, I go back on reading books as I take some rest, I tried to learn as I read the contents, he also left a dictionary that I may use to learn more words, unlike from the library dictionary, it was hand written and much thicker. I'm learning so much that  there are more creatures you can  find all over the world, I really want to learn more about it, and the book also show that there are more that one world, I wished to explore them.

Nora came inside with my breakfast, she saw the books at the table.

Nora: Where this books came from?

I point at the window.

Nora: From the window?

I write on a piece of paper with a word friend.

Nora: So it's a book from your friend that came from the window?

I nod at her.

Nora: I see, well here's you're breakfast, make sure to eat it, I'll leave it here, I'll come back later okay?

She left the room, I eat as I read the books, I tried to speak and try to pronounce the words, from the letters and numbers that Nora and Shawn taught me, I was able to speak a little but the sore from my mouth is still hurting whenever I tried to speak.

After eating I tried to speak and say the word while bearing the pain in my throat, I was able to speak words and I feel much better if I ignore the pain, the pain was slowly disappearing if I tried my hardest, I can finally speak properly but the pain is still there.

Nora came back to get the dishes.

Layne: L-ay-ne... La-yn... Lay-ne... *cough cough*

Nora: Oh you can speak now! You can do it but don't push yourself.

When Nora said I feel happy because I tried my best.

...

While I reading I didn't realize that it was already night time, Weston was knocking from the window, I opened it and he go inside.

Weston: So how's it going?

I smiled at him and that time he was looking at me in the eyes and made an eye contact, he was smiling. I shouldn't mess this up.

Layne: Thank... you.

Weston: You're welcome... Wait you can speak?

I nod at him.

Weston: But why didn't you speak back then?

I showed him by speaking loudly, it was hurting.

Weston: I see, so your throat was hurting... Well I brought you some more books, because I think you're not getting well for a short time so I gave you more books just to make yourself not getting bored.

He left the books at the table again, the door opened, it was Shawn, he saw Weston.

Shawn: So he's your friend?

I nod to him.

Shawn: I see, what's your name kid?

Weston: James Weston, call me just Weston, Sir.

Shawn: So you're the one who left books at the table like Nora said. Well I'll leave you two here, you can visit her every time you like, just don't make her tired okayt?

Weston: Yes Sir.

After Shawn left Weston taught me as I read books.

...

Everyday Weston come to the Inn to visit and teach me but some days he don't appear, I look outside the window and staring outside, watching the birds flying and people talking.

Day by day I'm learning so much. Few weeks after I feel better. I asked Shawn and Nora if I can go back to work and they agreed, but I didn't speak at all. Instead of serving foods, I asked Nora to teach me how to cook and use knives, I help the knife's blade if the same thing happen and it didn't, I was thinking if it was just an accident.

I took a break and look from the window, I saw Weston was with her friends I think, they were going in a house, I was curious so I jumped out of the kitchen window and go to the place, I looked a little at the window, they were sitting and writing on their book, it was like the same as what it says at Weston's dictionary book called "School" and the same action as in the word "Learning".

They are learning from school while I was learning by reading, I don't feel the difference.

0