Chapter 16 – Regroup
629 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you mind side chapters?
  • They make the world feel alive, I love them Votes: 9 25.0%
  • They give a bit of story, I like them Votes: 16 44.4%
  • I'm impartial. Votes: 11 30.6%
  • I'd be more interested in more main chapters, I dislike them Votes: 5 13.9%
  • They take the story too out of focus. I really don't like them. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're fine if they're not included in the twice per week publish of the main chapters Votes: 6 16.7%
Total voters: 36 · This poll was closed on Oct 9, 2020 10:14 PM.

Silence fills the room as Ariara starts laying out the skill descriptions before her, passively giving little bites at a piece of meat in a wood bowl a few kobolds offered her a bit ago, how could she put this diverse move-set together for combos or different situations? Starting to lay out the foundation for eventual battle plans she idly pets the baby dragon which has it's head on her lap, itself eating a quantity of meat much larger than the Harpy's.

Ariara the Harpy

Level 11 (125/135 EXP)

63/63 Hp
45/65 Mana
Skills
Bird of Many Feathers (LVL 3) - Colorful Harpy (LVL 2) - Fire Starter (LVL 2) - Self Pluck (STAGE: 2 LVL 1) - Flight (LVL 3) - Harpy Eye (LVL 3) - Grass Blade (LVL 2) - Chlorophyll (LVL 5) - Natural Mana Hijack (LVL 1) - Heat Mitigator (LVL Max) - Icy Protection (LVL 1) - Healthy Omnivore (LVL 3) - Intimidate (LVL 1) - Frost Breath (LVL 2) - Minor Light Spit (LVL 1) - Minor Corrosive Light (LVL 1) - Dig (LVL 1) - Cook Apprentice (LVL 2)

Titles
General of Warfare - Traveler of Worlds - Reincarnated One - High Ranker - Opportunist - Skill Holder Apprentice - Minor Nature Affinity - Minor Cold Affinity - Leader of Trouble - Survivor of the Light Ant Stampede

Thinking of strategies Using the corrosive light early on to make for poisonous overtime damage would be a good idea, thinking back dig has shown very little results, maybe the reason is that being underground, where the stone isn't as soft as the dirt, makes it harder to spot a nice digging spot. Maybe she should try training that skill, after all in stories and games, it's often that a character that can dig saves the party by just making a little hole for them to hide in. She does also want to train Fire Starter, with it being a skill native to her it shouldn't be possible to lose it, or at the very least, it'd be harder than skills Feathers, seeing as the Rage Skill Feather was broken during the fight with the swordswoman.

With a sigh she stretches a bit, yawning and thinking, she did leave Fimo back in their room, and she definitely doesn't want to leave him waking up alone, since she knows he has some sort of nightmare or evil spirit haunting him. With a few moments of thinking, she decides and looks at her wing arms, cringing a bit at the lack of opposable thumbs.

Despite this she looks to the baby dragon, it has finished it's chunk of meat. Stopping the petting she gently uses her right-wing to lead his head on the hay pile, so as to free her legs from its grasps. With this she gets up, unlike before the former human is now quite fit, she wasn't exactly that bad before but she could probably pull off a few more laps around a park than she could before, magic.

Heading towards the door she hears a small bump, sighing to herself as she already knows what happened. Turning around what she theorized, the Dragon having stumbled off the hay pile to follow her. She sighs and kneels over to pet him, she doesn't know how to teach him to walk on four paws, but he seems to get on four paws again, ready to try again. Slowly down her walk to help the baby follow her the Harpy heads back to her room, multiple kobolds in the middle of their task stopping to stare at the baby dragon, a rare sight Ariara theorizes seeing their stares, before getting back to their thing.

With a peek in, Ariara can see Fimo is still asleep, herself yawning. Laying down she puts her wings on the two, covering them in feathers and falling asleep on the hay.

Once again, she wakes up in that bizarre world she's seen before, the lich standing again in that stool. This time, looking around, she can notice a few things.

There are way less of those patches from the other time, and many have moved around in this subspace territory. One is attached to hers, making it bigger. Her own and the one attached both being on stone. Of course, this throws her under the bus of all the theories this could bring, but the Harpy's bird brain is soon brought back to reality when she hears the Lich's voice speaking directly her way, it having been wavering before from side to side.

"Harpy hero, seeing your position you are to aid the Dragon Hero's war effort against the Viking subrace, do not disappoint me." The Lich speaks out, Ariara instinctively nodding, as if a magical wave of force hitting her, the overwhelming presence of the Lich Authority taking the best of her. "The Dragon Hero is badly Ill, the Rabbit Hero is to sharpen his abilities and especially healing since your health bar is smaller than my little finger, and I'm all bone." The Skeleton says... Ariara being really confused, was... Was this guy using sarcasm? He's a genocidal Skeleton Mage... Could he have feelings? No, he must be a monster... Right?

"Harpy Hero, Dragon Hero, dismissed." With these words Ariara gets curious, giving a look around she can see on what looks to be small snow floating piece of land what looks to be a golden heart is floating, but she only gets a glance at it before waking up, in a hurried look she gasps for air, realizing she has been keeping her breath for a bit... Why so? She doesn't know...

Ignoring the minor question she sees the Bunny is still sleeping, and the dragon is awake, but just now stretching, with his eyes still closed. Shuffling off of the bed she stretches herself, noticing a figure on the border of the door.

The Kobold Priest is there, with a gentle but clearly troubled smile he waves "Goodmorning, sorry if I came here so soon but we have some trouble..."

20