Chapter 17 : Don’t Like To See Him Hurt
4.8k 2 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How nice a person's life can be! Even in ancient time, Su Ying was living to his fullest. He was eating delicious foods, living in a beautiful place, reading to pass his time, sleeping whenever or how much he likes...

Most importantly... was having fun teasing his hubby...

Did you really think Su Ying 'accidently' rubbed against Yusheng? Just what kind of Saint Su Ying is in all of your mind!?!?! He's a devil! A true devil wife trying to defile his innocent angel pure cherry hubby!

Haha... It's just that, everybody will have to face their own karma. Wait and see if his innocent hubby won't turn into a wild beast and punish him till his ass becomes sore!

Anyways, Su Ying was having a great time.

That day, he was reading an easy novel for kids in the pavillion. See, even a great researcher might have days like that! Reading a book for kids! What's the use of studying so hard if you get transmigrated to the ancient time?!?

Yusheng came to his wife who was reading so seriously. His wife looked so cute!!!

He gently caressed his wife's hair and asked,

"What are you reading?"

Su Ying looked at him and said with anger,

"Look hubby! What kind of book is this? What is in that writer's head? How could he write such a bloody story for kids?"

Yusheng asked while being confused,

"That's indeed a bit too much. But what are you being so angry for?"

"Why won't I be angry? What if all the cute children read this deranged fool's book and get infected by his thoughts? What if our kids read this one day?!?"

Opps... Silence...

Su Ying...didn't mean to say that last part. It was really...really just a slip of the tongue.

But...(in a small voice)we usually blurt out things that are in our head...

Anyways... They didn't even roll in the sheets yet ah!!!

Su Ying asked awkwardly,

"Why are you home so early? Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong. It's just that... I'll go on a mission with the Crown Prince tommorow."

Su Ying thought for a while. His mood became a little down.

"When will...you be back?"

"About half a month..."

"Oh..."

What could Su Ying say? Even if he didn't want Yusheng to go... Even if he felt sad... He couldn't say ah... Their relationship... It wasn't at that step where he could forbid Yusheng to do his job... Su Ying was feeling very uneasy... But he couldn't do anything...

That night... He tightly hugged his husband, his head rubbing against the crook of Yusheng's neck. Only that way could he fall asleep.

The next day when Yusheng was leaving, Su Ying squeezed out a smile and said to his husband,

"Be safe. Come home as soon as possible. I'll wait for you, alright?"

When Yusheng was away from his sight, a thought came into his mind,

'Maybe... I should have given him a good luck hug ah...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sigh... 15 days... Exactly half a month... Well... Anyone who has passed primary school might be able to count that. Also, some people might not be able to do that at all. Since you don't know how deep a human's negative iq hole can be... Trust me... I've seen it...

Su Ying passed those days... Like a lifeless beautiful porcelain doll drowned in melancholy. His mind drifted away in a sad fantasy. Eyes unfocused. Almost a soft melting sad marshmallow.

Umm... These metaphors are quite weird though.

Anyways, he looked very sad... But beautiful.
No matter who saw him, couldn't help but feel sad for him. They wanted to make him happy. Alas... The one who could truly make him smile wasn't there.

It's been 15 days. Su Ying eagerly waited to see his husband. He really wanted to see him. But... Yusheng didn't come.

3 more days. He was very anxious. He asked Butler Huang for any news but couldn't find anything.

Until... 5 days later, Wen Zhao came with a sullen expression.

Su Ying had a bad feeling. He anxiously asked,

"What's wrong? Where's Yusheng?"

"That... Brother... He...um...got hurt while protecting the Crown Prince from assassins..."

Su Ying's heart trembled.

"Don't worry... He's already being treated. Brother...is unconscious now... He's strong. So nothing will happen."

Su Ying couldn't hear anything. His heart was beating so loudly. As if it was going to come out of his chest. He didn't know what to do. He only wanted to see his husband.

"Take me there to him."

"Huh???"

"TAKE ME TO HIM!"

Don't ever try to argue with a wife who's anxious to see his injured husband and a mother who's worried about her child. Otherwise... You can't imagine what will happen.

Fortunately... Idiot Zhao wasn't that big of a fool and didn't try to seek death.

He took Su Ying to the secret clinic where Yusheng was being treated. There were some other people waiting outside but screw them! Su Ying didn't care about anything! He only wanted to see his husband!

He rushed into the room and almost bumped into the physician who was leaving after treating Yusheng.

Yusheng was laid in the bed. He abdomen was covered in gauze. There was blood stain in the middle of the white gauze...tainting it red. The whole room smelled like bitter medicine.

Yusheng' body was covered in countless scars he got in the battlefield. Those scars might be honorable for him but for Su Ying...they was too painful.

Su Ying sat next to his unconscious husband. Yusheng was frowning slightly. It could be seen that he was feeling very uncomfortable.

Strange! It was Yusheng who was hurt... But why did he feel sad. It wasn't physical pain. But something more painful than that. Like his heart was being stabbed by countless daggers.

Tears swelled in his eyes... Eventually falling down his cheeks.

Su Ying thought while being amused,

'Eh? I'm crying?'

When was the last time he truly cried? Oh... When he went to Italy for holiday and was chased by a raged bull... Don't ask me how that happened...

Su Ying gasped his husband's hand and brought it to his face...planting gentle kisses on his fingers...

'Please wake up hubby... I swear I'll do anything... I don't like to see you hurt ah...'

A/N~~:Don't worry! It won't be angsty ah! Be prepared for some fluff in the next chapter!  ฅ•ω•ฅ

96