Chapter 3 : Christmas Eve
168 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mino sat on the couch, folding the laundry while Kim made breakfast. His only thought was, 'It's only eggs there's no way she can't cook eggs right? Right!?'

Unknown to him, his fate was sealed in stone the minute Kim tried to cook. 

He flipped through the channels on th TV and realized the best channel playing was the News Channel.

He put it on and went about folding the clothes. When it got to Kim's clothes, she rushed over and grabbed the basket with a flushed face.

"I'll do mine! Let go." Seeing her smiling face, he let go quickly as if the basket turned scorching hot.

"Thank you. Just watch TV, the chores are mostly done, just wait until I make some eggs to go with it." 

Mino couldn't help but resign himself to his fate. Then they both froze as they smelled something burning.

Rushing over, they saw a pan on the stove, holding a black charred mass of clumpy eggs. Mino gave Kim a wordless glance and directly took the pan off and soaked it in the sink.

"I forgot about them..." Seeing an embarrassed look on her face, Mino didn't have the heart to criticize her.

"It was a mistake that could happen to anybody." He patted her shoulder and headed to the fridge and made sandwiches.

After having his fill, he got up and went to play the game. Unfortunately, his friend SuperModel01 wasn't online, so he joined a random match.

Time flew, and after a simple lunch, Kim dragged Mino out to fill stockings.

"Just because we can't afford a Christmas tree doesn't mean we can't decorate." Seeing Kim smile happily at him, his heart clenched.

Whoever made Kim leave her family had better explain themselves. She was a good person, and he hated the fat that she had to suffer with him.

Knowing it was Christmas Eve, he went back to his room and took out the black book. Somehow, he realized that the cover was different.

There was now a blood red moon on the book, however he hadn't seen a red moon before. He placed the book on his bed and decided to look it up.

Even after an hour of scouring the internet, he couldn't find anything on the books at all. He did however find out that red moons were quite ominous.

He logged off and watched a movie from a free streaming site online. His eyes soon closed and he drifted off to sleep.

...

His eyes opened and he was standing in a pool of blood. Corpses lined the pool, disappearing into the distance and Mino's heart turned cold.

The uncountable number of corpses and the bloody pool he stood in made him uneasy. Before he could get his bearings, he heard a muffled voice.

"-y chi-"

Unable to hear it clearly, he walked over to a corpse and found that the murmuring came from within the vicinity.

"-urn my chil- The voice was a mere whisper, however the eerieness made his heart accelerate.

"RETURN MY CHILD!" A roar was heard and all the corpses, regardless of physics stood up and rushed at Mino.

His eyes widened as he was submerged in the blood pool, being pressed under hundreds of corpses. His fear reached the peak when he heard a soft voice.

"It is the most auspicious day, a day when the influence of the Shadow World can affect the Mortal World. I will grant you a gift, a power, however you your humanity is my price. Do you not wish to punish those who wronged you? To help your pitiful Kimberly? To make her the happiest woman in the world? I will grant it, however you have my price. Drip a drop of your blood on the book when you accept my offer."

In his eyes the darkness vanished, and the only thing in sight was a bloody red moon. He didn't even realize when he woke up and was staring at the ceiling.

His mind was still processing what he heard in the dream. How could he dream of the red moon while also having the book necessary to use?

If it wasn't because there was nothing to gain from tricking him, he'd have thought that it was an elaborately set up trap.

His eyes roamed the room and landed on the book that radiated a faint red glow, however when he looked again, the glow was gone.

He closed his eyes, however sleep seemed to elude him as his mind was still reeling. The corpses scared him, however the fact that something mystical happening made his heart pound, however he didn't know if it was fear or excitement.

'If I can become someone as strong as the moon said, I'll definitely never allow anyone to take Kim away.' He had a faint inkling that Kim would have to leave, however he loved her to death, how could he allow her to leave?

His thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked on the door. Looking at the time, it was two in the morning and had yet to get back from work.

Who would bother come at this time? He got up and walked to the door and looked through the peephole.

Outside was the man he saw yesterday, Vern. His eyes twitched as he unlocked the door and opened it slowly.

"I'll cut to the chase, Kim is my fiance, and her living with anyone but me is an insult to me. Take this check and leave this area, it's enough to settle down somewhere else. Maybe you could even get some plastic surgery done." Laughing coldly to himself, he handed Mino the check.

'This brat had never seen money, he'll definitely agree to-'

"I refuse. Kim isn't yours or anybody's, if she wants to leave me, then she'd have to do it herself!" Hearing Mino's words, the man's face turned ugly.

"Are you certain? I won't offer you a second chance. Leave with the money, or leave with nothing." Vern said in a low voice.

Whether it was because he had been crushed by bodies, his eyes flashed and he spoke clearly.

"Kim, is not yours. Touch her, and your life is forfeit." Hearing his tone that seemed to be talking down to him, Vern sneered.

"Her family is coming to take her away. How will you deal with this when you can't even deal with your affairs at school?"

"I'll ask one more time. Leave." Vern looked at his watch, a blindingly gold watch that screamed richness.

"I won't let Kim be robbed of her happiness by you." Mino said through clenched teeth, and Vern smiled suddenly.

"I tried to reason with you, so don't blame me for retaliating after she leaves here. You have a few more hours before her parents arrive to bring her back to their family."

Vern left shortly after, leaving Mino frozen in the doorway. Mino had a sinking feeling that Kim would have to leave, otherwise she'd be in trouble.

Despite not knowing what her parents did, he was sure that they were powerful. Though Kim didn't like to rely on her family's name, he had heard her talking to the mayor with an even tone on the phone, and the mayor was even trying to flatter her!

Of course, Mino never told her anything, or let on to knowing, as he was content as long as Kim was happy. He didn't know what he'd do without her, and he seriously doubted that her family would let him follow them.

...

When Kim came back, her hair was messy and her eyes were wet with tears. She broke down crying as she rushed to Mino and wrapped her hands around him.

"My family..., they said I can no longer stay here, but I can't fight them as they have to much influence! I'll try to get someone to watch over you okay?" Kim held his face and spoke softly, however every word made Mino's heart feel as if a knife were being used to slowly pierce it.

"Can you stay? Why can't you say no?" Mino asked softly and Kim looked at him with her watery blue eyes.

"They will take me even if I say no. When they come, don't speak, let me talk to them. If they try anything, don't try to fight as that'd give them an excuse to hurt you."

 

2