Chapter 6 : Resolve
378 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As a human, he ate cows and chicken. As a vampire, he had to feed on humans.

Hearing the system's way of reasoning, he could understand it's intent, however he couldn't accept that he was no longer human.

"You are a fool. What about your shoulder which was stabbed, or the slices on your arm, do they hurt?"

Mino remembered he had gotten injured as well! He took of the hoodie and saw blood on his shoulder, but he didn't find a wound.

As he looked over his hands, the system's voice rang out again and he blanked.

"There are no wounds, because you aren't human. You are a changeling, and you need to get used to it, or die so I can return to help someone else more qualified."

Mino went back downstairs and thanked his lucky stars that no one had been down here yet. He walked over to the man's body and crouched near his neck and lifted his neck to his mouth.

His teeth instinctively clamped down on the man's neck, and from his futile struggle, Mino realized that the man was still alive!

His teeth felt as if they were about to fall out, specifically his canines. He felt something and a burst of pain came from his mouth, however blood rushed into his mouth like a flood.

He realized that his teeth had probably turned into fangs, otherwise, how could he pierce the neck of a human so easily?

When his mind registered the taste of the hot blood gushing out similar to when one bites into a juicy fruit. 

His throat hummed as a low growl left his lips as he immersed himself in feeding. His initial disgust quickly changed to euphoria as the warm blood entered his body.

The man lying on the floor had turned deathly pale, and if not for Mino checking his breathing, he'd have thought that the man was dead.

Unwillingly pulling himself away, he searched the man's pockets under the instructions of the system.

"Humans often carry things to identify themselves. If you find out who he is and who sent him, you'll be able to act with them out of the shadows."

Mino stood up and held a wallet in his hand, flipping it open. Inside was the picture of a man, however judging by the amount of cards with different names he carried, his name may have been falsified as well.

Other than a few hundred bucks, the man only carried his wallet and knife, which was on the floor beside him.

If the man knew how close he was to his prized knife, he'd have at least thought of fighting back, but his eyes were vacant and hollow as he couldn't move even a finger.

"-l m-" The man whispered, and continued until he was screaming at the top of his voice!

"KILL ME!" Before he could get the full sentence out, a hand clamped down over his mouth and dragged him towards the park, taking a longer, more obscure route after stuffing his mouth full of a strip of his torn hoodie.

When they stopped in the park, Mino dropped the man's legs and held the knife he grabbed when he left the area and held it with shaky hands.

"If you didn't get to incapacitate him, do you believe he'd leave you alive? Showing mercy will bring about your own destruction. I have already said all i have to on this matter, choose to embrace the ways of vampires, or be weak and die like a frail mortal."

The system's voice fell silent, and left Mino with the sound of insects chirping in the night alone. Looking at the masked man, he gathered his courage and took of his mask.

'If I can at least reason with him, he might not have to die.' Mino took the makeshift gag out of the man's mouth and sat next to him.

"I said to kill me! Do you think I wish to live like this? I'll make sure I send people to slaughter that girl who took care of you! I'll make her regret ever being bo-" His voice which carried boundless viciousness cut off as he started to gurgle.

Blood seeped from the man's mouth, trickling down his chin. A knife had been embedded directly in the side of his neck.

With a twisted expression, the man finally succumbed after being bled dry and stabbed. Mino held the knife while shaking, however his eyes were resolute.

'I won't allow anyone to hurt Kim, not even the son of heaven himself!' His determination over came the dislike of killing, however he wasn't so sure that he could get used to it despite having killed before.'

"So you finally found a path for yourself? Killing is natural, and everything does it to live. Humans slaughter pigs and cows, vampires feed on humans. Such is the cycle of life. The strong prey on the weak!"

Mino looked down at the lifeless body of the would be killer and let out a self loathing smile. He hated to kill, but to protect himself and grow stronger, strong enough to reach Kim, he'd kill. After having done it once, he hardened his heart and looked up at the sky.

...

Several hours previously, when the moon turned red for a split second, someone looked to the skies and a look of fear flashed across his face.

"The grand elder said him report any signs of strange activity in the Observatory, send him a picture and report of the red moon." The man shook his head and commanded his subordinates. 

"Yes sir." A man in casual clothes that couldn't hide his serious and solemn aura said as he turned to the door and left.

'Grandpa said that the red moon is a curse upon the world, and that it will soon enter turmoil, let us hope we can outlast this period of unrest, or hundreds of years of development will be lost.'

 

 

3