CHAPTER 4 – I DOWNLOADED THE WRONG PIZZA DELIVERY APP
499 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 4 - I DOWNLOADED THE WRONG PIZZA DELIVERY APP

As soon as I made my confirmation, walls of texts of unknown programming language started to flood through my vision. I feel like I’m a computer now, but I have no idea what’s going on.

[Initializing Setup]

[Downloading…]

[11%... 23%... 57%... 89%... 100%]

[Resource Download Complete]

[Unpacking Resources]

My hand started to glow with blue circuits. It crawled through my arms, my shoulders, my chest, my abdomen, and all the way down. It also crawled through my neck, my face, and ended infecting my body when it reached my forehead.

“Argh!” 

I felt a sparking sensation on every cell of my body. I feel like being electrocuted, just like one time when I accidentally touched a socket or have a funny bone on my elbow.

My vision blurred out until I was engulfed with complete darkness. All my senses shut down in an instant, and then…

[Archonlight System Installed]

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I was interrupted by loud knocks on my door. When I opened my eyes, I saw Lizzy still in her ragged breathing. She’s still red and so close to me. Her fever hasn’t gone down a bit.

That knock on the door must be at the entrance of my house. I looked at the time on my phone and it’s now nine. I think I passed out for an entire hour.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“The heck?” I muttered. “Who would try to visit me at this hour?”

I got out of the bed and was about to exit the room until Lizzy grabbed my wrist. She shook her head, but I just gave out a smile at her.

“I’ll be quick.”

Lizzy’s grip was weak, so I don’t know if I shook her off or she let me go. It seems that she does not want me to open the door.

I went to the front door and opened it for our uninvited visitor. A tall man with blonde hair in a long ponytail surprised me with his dazzling appearance. He is wearing a seemingly military uniform that looks like a hybrid of a tuxedo and a long trench coat. His blue eyes glared at me.

“Good evening, sir.”

“Who are you? I don’t remember ordering a pizza.”

“You don’t need to know who I am. And I'm not here to deliver a pizza." The mysterious man seemed offended. "I’ll be brief and ask a question.” 

The tall handsome blonde presented a picture to me. The face of a beautiful girl with bluish-black hair, golden eyes, and pinkish-white skin was there. It’s definitely Lizzy. However, her outfit looks a little bit similar to a fairy tale as she is wearing a golden tiara and a blue frilly princess dress. 

“Princess Alessia Erindel.” The blonde man said. “Have you seen her?”

“Nope.” I shook my head. “I’m sorry, the princess is in another castle.”

The blonde man glared with killing intent. All of a sudden, he grabbed my left hand and pushed my body to fall on my stomach! He immediately pinned my back with his knee and put his weight against me! This guy is certainly a pro in arresting people!

“Gyah!” I cried.

“There are three things I hate. People who hate cosplays, people who despise crossdresses, and people who obviously lie!” The man shouted.

“Wha… What the hell are those first two reasons!?” I laughed. And then I cried when I felt that he slightly twisted my elbow.

“Shut up! Where is the princess!?” The blonde man roared.

Before I get the chance to deny once again, I heard fast but light footsteps. There was a swish of a wind that was accompanied by some kind of flaming sound. I felt a shockwave explode above me and then I heard a short cry.

“Aaargh!”

Apparently, the man who’s pinning me down was launched to the air by the powerful flaming kick! I mean literal flames, and ember flakes showered upon me because of the shockwave it caused! 

The blonde man crashed to the wall on the other side of the street as a result of that awesome move!

I raised my body to look at my savior. It was Lizzy, and she’s still gasping for air heavily. Smoke came out from her mouth.

“Hah...hah…hah...” 

“Lizzy!” I cried. I wanted to scold her for getting out of her bed, but I am happy that she saved me from that bastard.

“I was careless. They followed my magical traces.” Lizzy muttered.

At the far another side of the street, I saw the blonde man getting up from the destroyed wall. He slapped his white uniform as he uttered a disappointed sigh.

“Damn it, I never knew that the princess is still powerful despite the curse. Now my uniform is all dirty.”

“A lone Aegis Knight, huh?” Lizzy smirked, trying to hide her weakness. “I wonder why the empire is underestimating me. I can still take down two of your worthless kinds even if I’m heavily injured.”

“Don’t you dare mock on us, Princess!” The blonde man roared. All of a sudden, he withdrew some kind of scepter from his waist which expanded into a laser-like saber. “I may be new, but I can defeat you!”

“Heh! Let’s see what you got, you beansprout!” Lizzy made a smile as she manifested a magical sword from her right hand and held it in a backhand manner. 

I saw Lizzy glance at my direction, but she immediately shifted it towards the enemy. It’s like she’s telling me something, but I don’t know what that is.

Ready for battle, the mysterious man and the wounded woman prepared their battle stances. The last peaceful breeze of the wind blew to sway their long hairs.

The blonde knight put his sword in front of his face as he made a loud prayer or a pledge.

“There are three things I hate; people who hate cosplays, people who despise crossdresses, and fugitives who do not want to surrender themselves! My name is Zell Wingate, Batch 99 of Agartha’s Aegis Knight Division! In the name of the King, I shall cut you down with my sword!”

14