CHAPTER 5 – I INSTALLED CHEAT ENGINE INSIDE MY BRAIN
490 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 5 - I INSTALLED CHEAT ENGINE INSIDE MY BRAIN

This day is certainly too much for me. My girlfriend broke up with me, I nursed a mysterious girl in the grove, and now there is this white knight that claims to be from the legendary place called Agartha. I will not be surprised if I encounter a talking pancake for my breakfast tomorrow.

My weird day is not over. As of this moment, I am witnessing a fantastic swordfight that looks unrealistic as hell. I feel like watching an anime that has an unlimited budget.

Lizzy and the white knight has started clashing their blades against each other. The knight named Zell made a series of swift attacks with his laser sword, doing an X-swipe and a chop.

"Yaaah!"

The injured woman can only do parries and blocks. She tried to make a counter-attack the moment she fend off the knight’s assaults, but her moves are slower than the knight’s. On her final attempt to hack, she almost got outbalanced.

“Lightning Spear!” The white knight shouted as he thrust in the thin air. His blue laser sword sparked, unleashing a two-meter-long electricity bolt in the shape of a giant lance!

“Guh!”

Lizzy blocked the magical projectile with her blade. Sparks blasted towards her body, giving her excruciating pain. But even with that attack, she remained standing and holding her ground.

“Hah...hah…” Lizzy gasped for air, her body smoking due to the burns she sustained. 

It is certain that she won’t last any longer. Her knees are shaking, which means her legs are barely managing to keep her up.

“You’re not using any magic. You must have run out of mana.” The white knight said. He raised his sword to do a centered stance and started to move forward. “Princess Alessia, I will be asking you for the last time. Surrender. As an Aegis Knight, I can grant you a painless swift death.”

Lizzy did not answer. She tightened her grip on her sword, ready to unleash another futile attack.

“Lizzy,” I muttered under my breath.

I wanted to help her. I want to fight on her stead, but I’m too weak and powerless. There’s no way I can fight that something-or-another knight who can unleash magical projectiles!

As if answering for my silent wish, a beep rang inside my head.

[Warning: Combat Area Detected]

[Would you want to try the system’s Battle Control Trial Version?]

“Yes,” I muttered.

[Command accepted]

[Battle Control Online]

All of a sudden, my right arm’s skin unleashed glowing circuit lights. I can feel electricity surging on my veins. Hologram letters and numbers also started to pop out right in front of my eyes that indicated various parameters that I couldn’t understand.

A large screen popped out right in front of me that has a title of Command Codes. It’s like a dictionary where there is a word and a single-sentence explanation to that word. I had experience in programming back in my high school and my early college courses, so I have a little bit of idea in it.

I briefly browsed the list. For some reason, I feel like I have seen this kind of thing before. It’s like a list of cheats where you can immediately spawn a tank or get bazookas in video games. 

Seeing this cheat list, I finally realized what Lizzy wanted me to do. She said that this is the only thing that could save her life. Also, her glance to me before the fight must have meant that I should use this power I have inherited to her.

[Tip: To use Command Codes, speak the word “Command Code” and then the desired code to be implemented.]

I pointed my glowing hand to the losing sword maiden and then I shouted with all my might.

“Command Code: Full Heal!”

I heard some cybernetic shiftings in my arm. The blue circuit light briefly turned to green, and a green laser was shot from my palm. 

The green light I unleashed went straight to Lizzy. Her body was engulfed with green neon almost immediately. Green cross sigils popped up from her as if she was just healed in a video game.

“H-Huh!?” The white knight was flabbergasted upon seeing it. He looked at me, and then to Lizzy. He dashed backward after that as if he’s threatened. “W-What was that?”

Meanwhile, I can see Lizzy enjoying the green aura. It is as if she is soothed to have that healing buff on her body. She removed the bandages from her head and shoulder, revealing her flawless skin which was free from wounds. 

Just like what the Command Code said in its description, Full Heal has cured her of all sickness and injuries. That should have restored her energy as well.

“I knew I could count on you.” She briefly muttered when she glanced at me. And then, with a smile, she surged forward with the enemy with her backhand slash!

“Kuh! This is impossible!” The white knight cried as he shifted to defense and forced to block Lizzy’s sword with his laser saber. “This is cheating! It’s hacking! How come-”

“Rune Enhancement: Flame Heel!” Lizzy shouted out loud, and her feet were immediately engulfed with white flames. 

With that magical buff, she skipped towards the enemy with a breakneck speed and introduced her knee to the handsome knight’s face! Lizzy’s knee won!

“Gyahack!” 

The white knight crashed on another wall once again, but this time, injuring him for good. Blood started to spray out of the poor knight’s nose, and there is also blood coming out of his forehead.

The knight’s laser sword is stuck on the ground, half-a-meter beside him. He tried to reach it with his right hand, but Lizzy came to the rescue and kicked off the blade farther away.

And then, the victorious woman pointed her blade to the knight’s throat.

“It’s over beansprout. Don’t try to resist.” Lizzy glared mercilessly.

“What are you doing?” The knight muttered. “Kill me now, you murderer.”

“No.”

Lizzy spun her sword before dematerializing it. She remained alert, however, in case the knight does something wrong. She maintained her ferocious glare at the defeated knight.

“I am not the monster you thought I am. As an Erindel, I am above killing. I did not kill the King. I was framed up, but-” Lizzy clenched her fists. “-of course, nobody would believe me.”

The defeated knight made a painful laugh as he slowly stood up. Holding his aching back that crashed to the wall two times, he knelt to the woman whom he believed to be the princess.

“There are three things I hate; people who hate cosplays, people who despise crossdresses, and people who frame up with the sins they did not commit.”

“Your motto is weird.” Lizzy took the words out of my mouth.

“As an Aegis Knight, I shall owe this life to you. I will not arrest nor execute you. I don’t know what to believe as of this moment, but you must run, run, and run. They will be coming for you, your majesty.”

“I know,” Lizzy said. "But please don't tell my whereabouts. I want to lay low for now."

"I will." The blonde knight stood up and started to walk away. 

As I watched the white knight exit to the darkness of the night, I felt something weird in my brain. My vision is woozy, and my eyes are heavy. My brain feels like it has been fried.

And then, I blacked out.

14