CHAPTER 15 – HOMELESS PRINCESS VS KARATE IDOL, PLACE YOUR BETS
208 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 15 - HOMELESS PRINCESS VS KARATE IDOL, PLACE YOUR BETS

I really hate stirring up fights, especially if I’m involved. But in fairness, this is the time I really have to move. I made a promise to the princess that I will help her. I will never go back in my word. You can say it’s my ninja way or whatever.

“So, you have chosen death.”

Guinevere Arcaliburn shot me a cold glare. Her smile is menacing, which sends shivers in my spine. 

"It's not like you're going to let me live anyway." I forced my smile to lie, but my voice cracked.

The Princess of Avalon raised her glowing hand, pointing at me. All of a sudden, a message box beeped inside my head.

[Warning]

[Archonlight Battle]

[Battle Control Online]

A cybernetic pulse blasted from both Archons' glowing arms as if the surroundings and the Fighters in front of us had been scanned and registered to the system.

Descriptions started to pop on my vision, indicating the names and information of Fighters and Archons in this battle.

[Enemy Archon: Guinevere Arcaliburn]

[Command Code: Ready]

[Ultimate: Ready]

[True Form: Negated]

[Instakill: Locked]

[Enemy Fighter: Yufa Haruna]

[Rank: B+]

[Strength: B]

[Agility: A]

[Intelligence: B+]

“John, this is your first Archonlight Battle, isn’t it?” Lizzy turned to me.

“Yeah.” I nodded. “Any tips?”

“Just remember what I taught. I trust you.”

Well, that was helpful. I think I’ll have to rely on what I have to see in this fight.

“Rune Enhancement: Stardust Heel,” Lizzy said and her feet were coated with white flames. Seeing that the runaway princess is getting ready for Round 2, Yufa Haruna also took action.

“I will never back down! I shall put you to justice!” Yufa Haruna came back to her Bajiquan stance, buffing her fists with flames.

There was a three-second silence. Both Fighters are examining their enemies, visualizing attack patterns, and looking for openings. This is like watching old people play chess without a timer.

“Stardust Shower!” Lizzy was the first one to break the silence as she gracefully slashed her sword in the thin air five times in an X manner. The air burned with bluish-white flames, unleashing crescent stardust projectiles against the enemy!

Yufa Haruna dashed forward, clutching and drifting to evade the stardust airwaves. When she managed to evade the first four projectiles, she decided to unleash more flames on her right fist to shatter the fifth projectile!

“Haaah!’

The stardust air slash exploded, and the pop star came through! With her left arm that is imbued with flames, she made a straight punch aiming the face of the Agarthan Princess!

“Stardust Whirlpool!” 

In the nick of time, Lizzy spun around like a fairy, gathering bluish-white flames on her blade. Stardust neon light left its trails in the air as she formed a disk of flames around her and used it to counter the attack of Yufa!

“Kyah!” 

Yufa was hit in the midriff, burning a part of her idol dress. She was launched and rolled to the asphalt, giving her bruises and scratches on her skin.

“I-It can’t be.” Yufa Haruna struggled to get up. “Are you hiding your strength the whole time?”

“Yes,” Lizzy answered. “I observed moves, and saw a pattern of openings.”

There is no doubt that Lizzy was not going serious against Yufa during the first round of their fight. Lizzy has a Fighter Rank S, and Yufa Haruna has a Rank of B+. There is a huge gap of strength between them. Besides, the Command Code that the enemy Archon used to boost her stats has expired already.

We can win this fight. Though I want Lizzy to hold back a little because she’s injuring a cute pop star.

“Command Code: Full Heal!” 

Guinevere Arcaliburn unleashed her Archonlight to her Fighter. Yufa Haruna’s body bathed in green dust that has several glowing green crosses popping up. It healed all the pop star’s wounds in an instant.

The enemy Archon has used her second Command Code. Command Code has a cooldown of five minutes, so she won’t be able to assist her fighter for that duration of time.

[Command Code Cooldown: 2:23]

My Command Code is not yet ready, but I doubt Lizzy needs my support. She’s strong. She got this.

“Yufa, continue the fight. I got this.”

It was a bold command from her Archon, Guinevere. She does not seem troubled even though we got the upper hand.

“Roger!” Yufa cried. “Here I come!”

Just like before, Yufa surged forward recklessly. With her flames, she coated her legs to unleash a flying kick. She followed it with a flaming chop and a swift burning knee attack.

Lizzy evaded all of it. She graciously waltzed like a fairy, avoiding the flames with minimal effort. From afar, I could mistake her from a charming geisha who’s playing with flames and stardusts. As an ending act, she made a backflip to gain distance from the burning idol.

“Pyro Sphere! Pyro Sphere! Pyro Sphere!”

Yufa unleashed basketball-sized fireballs towards the Agarthan Princess, not just one, not just two, but three!

Lizzy swiftly swiped her sword towards the fireballs, and the projectiles were immediately destroyed.

“Playtime is over!” Lizzy announced. “Time to finish this!”

Lizzy spread out her left hand, creating a blue magical circle from her palms. The magical circle made a second layer and a third layer that is much bigger than the latter. Electricity charged towards her arms and a dwarf star was formed at the core of the magical circles.

“Stardust Quantum Flare, set!”

Lizzy continued to charge her dwarf star in order to expand its size. The gravity of the charging projectile made the wind go berserk, making this battlefield look like we’re inside a powerful storm.

There’s a tremendous amount of mana involved in Lizzy’s attack. If it hits, it will surely defeat the enemy Fighter. I just hope it won’t kill Yufa Haruna. I still need to ask for her autograph.

Suddenly, a chill went down in my spine.

I looked at Guinevere Arcaliburn, who has this composed look on her face. She is smirking as if Lizzy has been playing on her hands.

“Guin! Permission to use Ultimate!” Yufa Haruna cried.

“Accepted.” Guinevere Arcaliburn gracefully spread out her hand and pointed it to her Fighter. “Unleashing Ultimate!”

[Warning: Enemy Ultimate Detected]

Yufa Haruna clasped her hands as she sang a melody with telepathy. Two gigantic flame wings sprouted on her back and covered her like a cocoon. From this view, she certainly looked like an angel of flames who's singing a calming song.

“Phoenix Counterforce!”

5