CHAPTER 30 – INTRODUCTIONS AIN’T MY THING IF I’M GETTING ARRESTED
118 10 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 30 - INTRODUCTIONS AIN’T MY THING IF I’M GETTING ARRESTED

“Hey, wake up!”

When I opened my eyes, I saw myself lying on top of the pile of three unconscious Agarthan soldiers. I think these bad guys cushioned my crash towards the floor, so I’m quite grateful for these enemies.

I shook my head. My vision is still woozy, but I can still see the handsome face of the blonde knight who keeps on slapping my face.

“Uh. What a blast.” I held my forehead like I am in the midst of a hangover. “How long was I out?”

“Like three seconds.” Yufa beside the knight answered. “Come on, we need to escape.”

Zell and Yufa helped me stand up by pulling my hand. When I’m finally back on my feet, I saw Lizzy in her silent but mad form. She’s now changed to her magical blue frilly dress. Her arms are crossed below her bosoms.

“You alright, stupid donkey?”

“Strangely, yes. But that blast is painful.”

“Just be grateful that I controlled my stardust to prevent you from burning alive. Do that disrespectful thing again, and you will end up toast next time!” Lizzy sermoned as she pointed her index finger to my throat.

“Y-Yes ma’am.” I scratched my head while projecting a sorry smile. There's no way I'm going to hump her like a waifu pillow next time.

“Let’s go! The soldiers must have heard that blast!” Zell said.

“The upper and lower floors are already occupied by the soldiers. We are currently pinned down on this floor.” Yufa said as she checks everything with her psychic sensors.

“There’s no other way. We have to jump!” Lizzy said.

The blonde knight, the psychic teenager, and the princes nodded at each other as they went back to the vacant room and opened the windows.

Yufa unleashed her phoenix wings as she exited through the window with the speed of a falcon. Zell carelessly jumped like a scuba diver, using his sword to scratch through the outer walls to slow his fall. 

And Lizzy coated her heels with stardust flames, ready to jump.

I was left dumbstruck. We’re on the fiftieth floor! How can a normal human like me jump like those superhuman fools!

“Why the heck do I always have to look for you?” It was a disappointing rhetorical question from the princess. She grabbed my hand and hanged it on her shoulder. “Grab unto me tight! We’re going to jump!”

“W-Wait, I have to prepare myself! I’m afraid of heeeeeights!”

Before I knew it, Lizzy has already dragged me out of the windows. The swift air brushed through my face. Seeing that I’m in the middle of the atmosphere that is fifty stories tall, my aerophobia kicked in which made me wet my underwear.

“Shiiiiiiiiit!” I cried as I hugged the princess tight. I closed my eyes and tried to divert my attention to our slow fall.

My sense of smell and touch became dominant as I shut down my sense of sight. My focus was immediately diverted when I dipped my face on the princess's shoulder. The princess’s hair as fine as silk, and it smells so good. I think she used an expensive shampoo and royal perfume to make it so fragrant. Combined with the warmth of her back, it is enough for me to calm me from my panic attacks.

“We’re already on the ground, you stupid donkey,” Lizzy said with a cold tone. “Will you let go of me already? Or else.”

When I opened my eyes, I was embarrassed that I’ve been hugging the princess from the back for too long. I immediately jumped back to prevent triggering any murderous flags that the princess would spark.

“Let’s go!” Zell said as he led the marathon of the great escape.

I looked at my back. Judging from the distance, we should have landed at least five city blocks away from the mental hospital. There are soldiers chasing us that came from the barrier on the hospital’s perimeter.

"Outsiders! Surrender or we will unleash lethal force!" One soldier with a megaphone shouted.

"Suck my lethal force!" I cried as I continued to run.

“Yufa, what is the location of the nearest Cathedral Exa here in Agartha?” Lizzy asked.

“Two kilometers!” Yufa gasped. “I’m not sure if the Warping Device is operational there, though. It’s been left abandoned for two years!”

“Zell, what about the hovercrafts issued by the Aegis Knights? Is there anything nearby?” Lizzy asked.

“There is! Five hundred meters!”

“Good! We’re going to hijack one, just like what I did when I first escaped this place!” Lizzy smiled.

We’re running on the highway, and we’re clearly making a mess of this utopia. People ran away panicking just like what happens to those civilian extras in movies.

We took a sharp turn, as Zell led us. We found ourselves on a wide-open space at the center of the towering buildings. We were about to enter the straight path when rectangular wheel-less trucks hovered down to surround us.

“Shit! They got us boxed in!” Zell cried. “I’m sorry!”  

Yufa and I looked at our backs and saw more flying trucks barricading our way of escape. We’re completely surrounded.

The hover buses opened its platforms, unleashing hordes of Agarthan soldiers that are armed with rifles. I’m too lazy to count, but I think there’s more than a hundred of them. All of the guns were pointed to us, ready to fire anytime.

Lizzy, Yufa, Zell, and I formed a circle that looked like superheroes in their last stand. It may look cool, but it doesn’t seem that way if we’re about to die.

A white flying saucer with gold platings hovered in front of us and opened its hatch. A tall handsome person wearing a white military uniform with gold linings started to descend.

“General Arth Lightsworn.” Lizzy gritted.

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“The youngest and most powerful Aegis Knight General of Agartha,” Zell answered with a cracking voice.

When the Aegis Knight General finally had his feet on the soil, he flicked his black hair to the left side. His blue eyes gazed upon us as he opened up his arms. He made a welcome speech that is not very welcoming for all of us.

“Welcome back to Agartha, Princess Alessia Erindel. I never thought I had to meet you again with this unfortunate reunion, not as allies, but enemies. So then- who are these jackasses you brought with you?”

“An Aegis- no, an Ex-Aegis Knight!” Zell went to his swordsman stance.

“A pop star idol!” Yufa gracefully turned around, made a peace sign, before switching to her bajiquan form.

“A college flunker!” I did the Great Saiyanman pose.

Meanwhile, Lizzy is there with a cold glare, cringing. I know what she’s silently saying. She’s disowning us three, and she wants to yell that we don’t know each other at all.

5