CHAPTER 31 – I BETTER GET PROMOTED AS A COMMANDER
101 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 31 - I BETTER GET PROMOTED AS A COMMANDER

“What a crew.” 

The Aegis Knight General laughed as he held his seemingly aching forehead. He must have been amused to see the enemies he is about to face.

I looked around to check our current situation. Being surrounded by countless Agarthan soldiers and having a general on our front, I, therefore, conclude that this is the worst-case scenario.

All of a sudden, I saw the Ex-Aegis Knight Zell Wingate remove the shield-shaped badge from his white vest. He threw it in front of the general he used to swear his loyalty to.

“Hoh? What’s the meaning of this, Sir Zell Wingate?” General Arth Lightsworn smirked.

“As I said earlier, I am no longer Agartha’s knight. I will serve the princess and hold what I believe for!” Zell shouted as he tightened his grip on his laser-like sword. 

“So you will turn your back on Agartha and believe that murderous princess?” The General asked.

“There are three things that I hate: people who hate cosplays, people who despise crossdresses, and blind people ordering me around. You’re clearly the latter, completely ignoring the truth right in front of you. We both know that the princess did not murder the King!”

From the way Zell sounds, he seemed to be in a close relationship with his general. Maybe they are friends before their ideologies set them apart.

“Your words do not hold water, Zell Wingate.” The general replied. “That princess killed her own father for her selfish ambitions. If you wish to pledge your allegiance to her, then you shall join her… in the grave.”

The handsome general raised his hand, which is a signal; an indication that all soldiers fire all their bullets at us.

In the nick of time, Yufa materialized a magical winged staff on her hand, spun it in the air three times, and then tapped the floor with its tip.

“Phoenix Firewall!”

A semi-transparent flame barrier emerged which protected us from all incoming bullets. All projectiles that touched the firewall was immediately burnt to crisps.

“Nice save, Yufa!” I cheered. "Wait, you're a magical girl?"

“Nope! This winged stick amplifies my magical abilities~” Yufa winked.

“Don’t celebrate just yet, we have to think of a way to get past these jackasses!” Lizzy said.

“Right.” I nodded. I crossed my arms and succumbed to deep thought. After three seconds, I thought of an idea. But before I could suggest it, Zell talked.

“I’ll take General Lightsworn.” 

Lizzy slanted her eyebrows to make her look a little more serious. “Are you sure? He’s much stronger than you, you know? It’s better if I take care of him.”

“No. I want to speak to him with my sword. I’ll cut his beautiful thick eyelashes so that he can see the truth about you, your majesty.” Zell put his closed fist to his chest.

It took two seconds for Lizzy to respond with a sigh. She flicked her hair on her shoulder as she gave her reply. “Fine, do what you want. But mind you, the gap on your strength is wide.”

“I’ll support Zell with my Archonlight.” I tapped on the blonde knight’s shoulder as I smiled at the two. I felt like this is a perfect time to unveil the plan in my mind, so I spoke out. “Yufa will keep the barrier up. Zell will fight the pretty boy general. Lizzy, you clean the small fries.” 

 

“Sounds like a plan!” Zell gave a thumbs up. “I like it!”

“That’s a good idea, Mr. Casterdyne!” Yufa excitedly nodded.

“Hey, you’re not the one in charge of giving the orders. I’m the princess here!” Lizzy protested with her crossed arms and cold glare.

“So what’s your plan then, princess?” I asked with sarcasm.

“A-Ahem!” Lizzy turned away with a blushing face like a true tsundere. “John, you support Zell with Archonlight. Yufa, keep the barrier up. Zell, fight the pretty boy general. And I will clean the small fries.”

“Why did you even object to my idea if you’re going to use it in the first place!?” I protested.

“I-It’s not like your plan is good, you stupid donkey! I can’t think of any ideas myself, so I think we have no choice!”

“Ahahahaha. These two really make a good couple.” Yufa and Zell laughed in the background.

“Enough yanking, let’s go!” Lizzy said as she readied her sword. She faced at the back, while Zell looked at the front where the Aegis Knight General is standing. “Scatter!”

As Lizzy and Zell rushed outside the barrier, I heard a loud beep inside my head, followed by several texts flashing in my eyes.

[Fighter Registered]

[Zell Wingate]

[Rank: A]

[Strength: A]

[Agility: A]

[Intelligence: B]

[Affinity Level Up to 1]

[Ultimate Unlocked]

I activated the glowing circuits on my right hand as I pointed it to my Fighter. 

[Battle Control Online]

My eyes shifted to the enemy general and checked on his stats.

[Arth Lightsworn]

[Rank: S]

[Strength: S]

[Agility: S]

[Intelligence: A]

Lizzy was right. She would have taken that battle against that pretty boy general because they have the same Rank of S. Having Zell fight the Aegis Knight General would be hard since the enemy’s parameters are all higher than Zell.

But that doesn’t mean that we don’t have a chance to win at all. We have trump cards: my Command Codes and Zell’s Ultimate. His Ultimate is called [Gravitron Impulse], which is an area-of-effect offensive skill. I will try using it once the timing is right.

I’m having goosebumps. This is pretty much the first battle where I’m not going to support Lizzy in a fight. We’re in a tight disadvantage, and my adrenaline excites me over the top.

“I commend your bravery and chivalry for standing up against me, the most powerful Aegis Knight of Agartha.” General Lightsworn said as he magically materialized a big ass steampunk pistol on his right hand. He also magically materialized a rectangular metallic box on his waist that contains huge bullets. “But you seem overly cheeky to challenge me in a one on one fight.”

“I’m not alone. I have people who trust me. And I will put my trust in them. With every cell in my body.”

“Not if I blast every cell of your body first.”

General Lightsworn pointed his pistol towards his ex-subordinate and fired.

5