CHAPTER 32 – IT’S NOCLIP TIME!
81 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 32 - IT’S NOCLIP TIME!

Let's see how the princess of Agartha does her thing first.

The gunshots never stop. The Agarthan soldiers kept their fingers on the trigger as they try to assault their princess with hundreds of bullets. They spray all the ammo they got, but nothing seemed to touch Lizzy.

Lizzy is unstoppable. She skipped and waltzed through the bullets, effortlessly evading all projectiles on her way with graceful movements. Whenever she gets close to an enemy, she would hack, punch, elbow, or kick them, making the soldiers knocked out in one attack. Seeing her moves from afar, I could safely say that she’s a ballerina who’s doing an exhibition with a sword.

The enemy soldiers have the Rank ranging from C to B-, and they won’t hold a candle for a Rank S Fighter like her. She does not need any of my Command Codes at all. I don’t know how the Rank power scaling works, but I think she’ll be able to handle all one hundred of the enemies. She already took care of twenty of them with ease.

I should focus more on Zell’s fight.

General Arth Lightsworn fired his giant pistol, unleashing a jumbo bullet that I might call it a rocket. With vigor, Zell used his laser sword to cut through the projectile before it hit him.

“Nice reaction time.” The young general said. “Try not to catch this.”

The pistol’s hammer clicked, and the chamber ejected the bullet shell. After two milliseconds, the pistol unleashed giant bullets five times in succession.

Zell slashed the first bullet. He knew that his agility won’t allow him to parry the next bullets, so he decided to run towards his right. He evaded one, two, three projectiles. He rolled to avoid the fourth bullet, and he slapped the fifth bullet with his sword.

I saw how the evaded bullets blast and leave a mini crater on the ground. A single hit with that bullet would prove deadly as I think it can blow out a limb off.

“Lightning Spear!” Zell charged his sword with electricity and flung an air slash towards the general. The air slash inherited the electric properties of his blade, and the projectile swiftly shifted into the shape of a lance. With a swift flight time, the Lightning Spear went straight to the enemy general!

The general dashed back, reaching for a huge magazine from his metal box. His pistol dropped the empty smoking magazine and immediately reloaded it anew.

“Trident Sonata.”

The general fired three giant bullets, each imbued with dark energy in it. It leaves dark streaks as it passes through the air. The first bullet clashed and neutralized the Lightning Spear, while the second and third bullet went straight to the Ex-Aegis Knight.

“Haaah!” Zell timed his sword slash right. He tried to slash the second dark bullet, but it immediately blasted right in front of his face! “Gyah!”

There was already a giant smoke on Zell’s position when the third bullet exploded. Another explosion can be heard, followed by ember sparks flying in the air.

“Hmph. Useless.” The general smirked.

The smoke slowly cleared out, and I saw my Fighter still standing. He is greatly injured, however, with the left part of his white coat tattered and burnt. His whole left arm suffered from a second-degree burn. He can’t even stand without the assistance of his sword.

“Haaah.” Zell gasped for air. His left eye is closed now, probably injured due to the explosions.

“Futile, Zell Wingate.” The general laughed. “The gap in our strength is so wide. You’re already half dead, and you are yet to put a scratch in me.”

I pointed my hand at Zell, planning to use Full Heal. But I hesitated. If I heal him right now, it won’t do any good in this fight. The general will just beat him up again. I need to use my Command Code wisely. 

Since General Lightsworn is using a pistol, his specialty is long-ranged attacks. Zell must approach and engage him in a short-ranged battle to see if the general can fare well in close quarters. But how can he get close without getting blasted by the bullets?

I opened the Command Code list and found the appropriate buff to prevent incurring any damage, not just for long-range, but also for short-range just in case.

“Zell! Charge and attack him straight! Don’t parry or evade his bullets!” I shouted out loud.

Zell immediately nodded, indicating his overflowing trust in me, his new comrade. He drew out his sword from the floor and blindly charged straight to the enemy like a mad cow.

“Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” It was Zell’s warcry that is full of spirit.

“Stupid.” General Lightsworn pointed his pistol towards the Ex-Aegis Knight. “Trident Sonata!”

Three dark bullets were unleashed in succession, aiming straight at the charging knight. Following my command, Zell did not waste any of his movements to block or avoid the dark bullets. He just continued to charge straight like a madman. Great. 

“Everything falls under the plan!” I smiled as I pointed my hand at my Fighter. “Command Code: Noclip!”

Zell Wingate’s body flickered back from semi-transparent to transparent. The first, second, and third dark bullet passed through his head, chest, and shoulder without injury. Using the Noclip Command Code makes him phase through physical and magical objects, so those bullets ain’t doing shit on him.

“What the!?” General Lightsworn’s cries were overwritten by the explosion of the missed dark bullets. 

“Haaaaaaah!” Zell continues to charge. There’s still about fifty meters of distance from them, and Zell is already injured that his running is somewhat sluggish for a superhuman.

“Don’t get cocky!”

There’s enough time for the general to remove the magazine and reload. As the bullet caps fly through the air, he cocked his giant steampunk pistol and fired straight to the injured blonde knight.

One, two, three, four, five. All bullets went straight for Zell’s head, but it all just passed through, like fighting a hologram. The general is wasting his precious bullets, and I know he can only do one shot left before reloading.

“It won’t hit!?”

With his last ounce of strength, Zell turned around to wipe his sword with full force. Lightning surged to his blade as he sacrifices his balance for his final attack.

“Lightning Crunch!”

“Huff!” With his swift movement, the pretty boy general dashed back five meters away from the area of effect lightning blade. All that Zell hit is nothing but air. The general surpasses Zell in terms of agility, after all, so he can easily dash back before Zell would deliver a blow.

But never did the general knowledge that he’s still acting according to my plan.

“Huh?” The general muttered as he looked on his back. Apparently, he has reached a dead-end where his back is already touched on the barricade of hovercraft buses that they set up. He can no longer move backward. All his option is to go left or right. 

“Hyaaah!” Zell will not allow his prey to escape. He swung his sword from left to right, planning to hit the general with an attack as wide as possible.

“You bastard!” General Lightsworn blocked the sword with his pistol. A loud metallic clang echoed. 

“Yah! Hah! Tah!” Zell continued to assault with his lightning sword slashes, but the general blocked all those hacks with his pistol and magazine. I never would have thought that the enemy is proficient in closed-ranged combat just by using a sword and a magazine, but it does not matter anymore.

“Die!” General Lightsworn fired his last bullet straight to Zell’s forehead.

Of course, the bullet just passed through him.

“Now, John!” Zell cried loudly. “Permission to unleash Ultimate!”

“Accepted!” I nodded as I fired my Archonlight to the blonde knight. “Unleashing Ultimate!”

[Warning: Ultimate Detected]

Zell’s sword immediately thickened with lightning energy. The blade is now so wide as a shield that his laser sword is now a buster sword which is greatly buffed with electricity. The blonde knight held the sword at the center of his body, its sharp edge pointing at the ground.

A magical circle materialized on the ground. A strong vacuum absorbed all debris, all smoke, and any other people on the magical circle’s area of effect.

And then, with his sword planting the ground, Zell Wingate pronounced the name of his Ultimate.

“Gravitron Impulse!”

4