CHAPTER 43 – THE OHOHOHO! QUESTION AND ANSWER PORTION
82 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 43 - THE OHOHOHO! QUESTION AND ANSWER PORTION

Don’t you hate it when somebody announces a big revelation, only to delay the relay of the information leaving you in a cliffhanger?

Well, that was what happened. Just after Guinevere Arcaliburn called me her cousin, she immediately withdrew from the conversation, saying we should escape Agartha first.

As soon as the portal became operational, we immediately entered it, only to find ourselves in the mouth of a cave at the foot of a mountain that has a gorgeous view of the city of Ophir. It was already dawn. The sun peeks out from the horizon, greeting a good morning to the peaceful normal city. I’ve never been glad to be back here.

Guinevere commanded Kiryu to take his dragon form again, and we used him as a free passenger plane to deliver us back to the Cathedral Exa. Yufa insisted that we should check our physical and mental conditions first before going back to our home.

Lizzy and I do not have any qualms for that. We both want to seek answers to what is happening to ourselves, so we agreed on Yufa’s proposal.

When we arrived at the Cathedral Exa’s grounds, Yufa led us to the infirmary inside the mansion. She told me, Lizzy, and Zell to stay in bed as she calls the doctor of the cathedral for our checkups. We obeyed like good kids as we rest on the creaky sofa beds that looked like it hadn’t been used for years.

Guinevere and Kiryu watched us in the room while we wait for the doctor. When Yufa left, that was the time where I get to ask Guinevere about myself.

“So, I’m your cousin, huh?” I muttered.

“If we’re talking about bloodlines, yes.” Guinevere sat beside my bed and looked at me in the eyes. “You have Arcaliburn bloodline flowing in your veins. At first, I was wondering why a normal human like you can operate the Archonlight System properly since only the royal blood can do it. So I did my research. Apparently, your grandfather from your mother’s side is a half-brother of my grandfather on father’s side.”

I stared at the ceiling for a while, trying to calculate our family tree inside my brain. As I thought, I can’t figure it out. I’m a stupid donkey after all.

“In simpler terms, you are one-eighth Arcaliburn. The royal blood within you is thin. It’s a miracle that you can use the Archonlight System and even unlock its full potential.” Guinevere said.

I looked at my right hand. It’s quite shocking that I have royal blood within me, but that doesn’t make me a prince myself. At most, I’m considered a faraway bastard who does not have any right to any throne.

“So, what happened there?” Guinevere asked. I was surprised that our roles in this question-answer private talk have reversed. 

“We visited Lizzy’s mother in Agartha. But you see, it was a stupid move. We got ourselves cornered by the Agarthan Army before we knew it.” I said.

“No, not that.” Guinevere shook her head. “I mean your Archonlight System. How did you do that thing?”

“You mean the Master Control?”

“So that’s called Master Control,” Guinevere said. 

Suddenly, she muttered to herself “System On.” and her right hand glowed with blue circuits. She opened various hologram screens right in front of me as if she’s searching for something.

“It’s not here. There’s no such thing as Master Control in any of the settings or even the help menu. How did you do it?”

“System On,” I muttered. When I activated my Archonlight System, I was surprised that it was all back to normal. I couldn’t see any of the developer options, nor I don’t know how to open it. I have no clues on how I did it. With a sorry smile, I said to Guinevere: “I don’t know.”

“Do you remember what you did before unlocking it?” Guinevere asked.

I shook my head. “I’m not sure, but all of it happened after I was revived from the dead. I even have no idea how I was revived in the first place.”

“No way!” Guinevere gasped. She went too deep thought as she pinched her chin. “Did you just say you got revived?”

“Yes. Why?”

“Oh, I see how it is! Ohoho!” Guinevere shifted to her normal sassy way of speaking. She even closed her mouth as she laughed.

“So you know who brought me back to life?”

“Maybe~ I didn’t see it myself since I appeared late, but I think it was Yufa’s doing. You must be so special to her that she did that to you! Be sure to thank her once she’s back! Ohoho!”

That was a shocker for me. I never would have thought Yufa has the power to revive people. I think I will have to treat her with free morning tea every day in the Yummy Cafe.

All of a sudden, Guinevere’s sassy laughs stopped. She even shifted to a serious expression as her blue eyes glared at mine.

“How about Princess Alessia? What do you know about her?”

I had a brief flashback of the battlefield an hour ago. Lizzy awakened some sort of the third eye on her forehead that has black sclera, crimson iris, and a cross-like sigil. I can still recall her painful screams as she unleashed atomic blasters all over the place.

I shook my head to Guinevere. “I don’t have any idea about what happened. It’s not me or my Archonlight.”

I can read the word “disappointment” in Guinevere’s face, but she immediately retracted it to a smile.

“Well, that’s how it is~” Guinevere stood up, ready to leave. “Mysteries won’t be solved in just a single day, so I guess I’ll have to be patient.”

“You’re leaving already?” I asked.

“Yes. You’ve been through hell, so I shall let you rest. Sleep tight, cous!”

As she closed the curtains, I was left alone in bed. I gazed on my left and looked where Lizzy was situated. It’s completely silent on her side, so I guess she’s sleeping. 

I’m feeling a bit tired too. I used way more Command Codes and it's a surprise that I'm still conscious. My eyes are already heavy and demand sleep. I don’t think I’ll be able to move tomorrow. My veins should be strained for using the Archonlight System too much.

I laid back on my bed and closed my eyes. I tried to remember what happened before I died. I need to know how to activate that Master Control again.

Let’s see…

I don’t remember!

Everything happened so fast during that time! I remember my heart getting ruptured by Lizzy’s demonic little brother, and my body falling to the thick rich asphalt. That’s all I know! I didn’t even know that I’m dead before my life flashed in front of my eyes.

Wait, I think I can remember a warm sensation when I was having flashbacks. This warm sensation was only felt by one part of my body:

My lips.

4