CHAPTER 46 – CONFESSION UNDER THE MOONLIGHT
94 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 46 - CONFESSION UNDER THE MOONLIGHT

There’s something different when Lizzy grabbed my sleeve. Most of the time, I could instantly feel the murderous aura surrounding her fingers. Now, there’s none of that.

“Will you stay a little bit longer?” Lizzy’s voice is filled with compassion, and it’s like she’s begging me.

When I looked at her face, I realized that she’s a little bit red. Her twinkling golden eyes are telling me that she needs me right at this very moment.

“Please.” Lizzy continued.

It’s one of those super-rare five-star chances where Lizzy actually begged me for something. I don’t even know if this is the first time she used the word “Please” to me.

I faced her with my full attention. I erased the funny look on my face as I examined her. Water slowly crawled from her bangs before dripping to the lake. Her wet clothes are now a little bit transparent, making me see her flawless skin.

She clenched her fists for a moment and then held her heart.

“I… I did it… I killed my father.”

“Lizzy.”

The sorrowful princess slowly shook her head. “Just hear me out. I’ve been lying the whole time, so now I’m now confessing you the truth. I am the one who killed my father.”

Suddenly, I remembered what happened on the battlefield. That terrifying crimson eyes on her forehead that lay waste to everything. 

“It was Mimosa’s doing,” I muttered.

Lizzy nodded without showing her face to me.

“When I was summoned in the throne room, only Mimosa, me, and my father were there. Mimosa showed her eyes behind those blindfolds, and I don’t know what happened. That terrifying eye just appeared on my forehead and vaporized my father in an instant. I don’t know how she did it. I don’t know how she controlled me. But I know… I know that my father was killed by my own hands.”

Lizzy started wailing. She covered her face with her hands and bowed lower. Desperately trying to stop her tears from falling, she tried to wipe her face as fast as possible.

“I lost everything, John. I lost my father. I lost my mother. I lost my brother. I lost my honor. I lost my kingdom. I lost everything that I cared for. Everything. Everything. Everything! And that is all my fault! I’m the one who’s the loser! I’m the one who’s the stupid donkey!”

“Lizzy.” I held her shoulders.

“Uwaaaaah!” Lizzy immediately hopped and hugged me tight, so tight that it made me hard to breathe. With her face resting on my left shoulder, she wept without restraints. 

“Don’t worry, Lizzy. I’m still here. I’m still here.” 

I continued to rub her silky smooth and quite slippery hair. I also returned the hug she gave me, my hand holding the back of her waist. This is the first time I had a woman cry in my embrace.

Her cries are the only ones that echoing the melancholy moonlight.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five. 

It took five minutes flat before Lizzy’s arms released me. She took a few steps backward and then forced a chuckle.

“That’s so many tears for a prideful princess like me, don’t you think?”

“I think it’s perfectly fine to cry. You can always talk to me if that will make you feel better.”

“Thanks.” Lizzy innocently smiled like an angel. All of a sudden, she pressed her face forward and raised her index finger. “Anyway, there’s this one question that has always been lingering inside me. I always wanted to ask you this, but I never had the proper time to do it.”

“What is it?”

Lizzy crossed her arms below her bosoms and she turned away. With blushing cheeks, she twirled her hair over and over with her delicate fingers.

“W-Why are you always helping me? You had no real reason to save me all the time, and all I’ve been is a burden to you.”

I scratched my head as I formulated the proper words inside my brain. To be honest, my thoughts are all scattered but I’m trying hard to patch it all up.

In order for me not to lose my focus, I averted my gaze to the moon.

“To tell you the truth, it was just a whim at first. When I was a child, I dreamt of becoming a knight, to fight a dragon and save a princess. It was a stupid dream from a fairytale, but I had the chance to make it true when you came into my life. Sure, I wasn’t a knight, and you’re the one who’s always stuck in doing all the fighting, but it gave me a feeling of fulfillment my childhood dream wanted. At least I’m being helpful. At least I can save you. That’s what I always say to myself.”

I chuckled for a moment and then continued to explain my feelings.

“And then, convenient and unlucky as it was, I got slapped by reality. The princess I met is actually a foul-mouthed, military-strict, tomboyish, and prideful woman who calls me stupid donkey on a daily basis. Even with these flaws, I pledged my loyalty to her. You know why?”

“W-Why?” Lizzy’s voice is cracking.

“It’s because she accepted me. She chose me even with my flaws. She’s the first one who actually made me feel important and needed by someone. I’m a loser, an idiot, a simp, good-for-nothing trash. But she still gave me the chance to prove myself my own worth.”

I smiled and met the eyes of the princess before dropping my closing remarks.

“And before I know it, I find myself fallen for her.”

I think I heard two atomic explosions, one from Lizzy’s left ear and another from her right ear. It’s like World War II once again, except that it’s all on her face: red as a nuclear meltdown. Her golden eyes are even crying.

“You stupid donkey!”

“Gwahack!” A right hook went straight to my left cheek, making me fall down and splash water all around the lake.

Good thing my hand touched the lakebed before having my head submerged in the water. That helped me not to drown at least.

“W-What was that for!?” I yelled.

“You stupid foolish moronic idiotic dumb ignorant dense brainless donkey!” Lizzy hollered. “Stop saying nonsense like that, or people will get the wrong idea!”

“It’s the reason why I’m always helping you though. That’s my answer.” 

I smiled as I stood back up to my feet. I also checked the casualties on my cheeks and teeth, but I think it’s fine. Her punch is not that powerful.

When I looked at Lizzy, I saw her turning away with a “Hmph!” sound. She’s now back to her normal self if being a spiky tsundere is her default behavior.

The lake is filled with awkward silence. It took a seven-second dead air before Lizzy talked.

“I can’t go out with you,” Lizzy muttered.

“Ah, of course! I expected it! Don’t think too much about my confession! Ahahaha!” I made a forced laugh to cover my broken heart.

I didn’t lie about anything I said for tonight. I knew it would end up this way. I’ve been rejected for infinite times in my life, so the princess’s rejection is just a normal occurence for me. I just hope it will not turn awkward between us.

“Hnnngh!” Lizzy glared at me like a mad lion.

“W-What?”

She angrily stomped forward, making huge splashes of water all around until her soft bouncy breast collided with my chest. Her soft delicate hands grabbed my cheeks and then her face pressed forward until her lips touched with mine.

[Alessia Erindel Affinity Level Up to 2]

[True Form Unlocked]

5