C29: Mr Popularity
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The chicken defrosted while I cut up the carrots, green onions and the red and green bell peppers. Mixing the eggs and cream I added the finely cut vegetables adding salt and black pepper – I have seven omelettes to make T-T

Done just before 06:00 a.m I placed the omelettes on trays with coffee for my brother and Stellar, tea for mother, apple juice for Reegon, dad and Skye~

Walking into my room with my brother’s tray I frowned. He took over my bed like it was his own. Kicking his leg he caught a fright staring at me with wide eyes, “Reign?!” he yelled sighing.

“Get up, I made breakfast!” I said placing it down on my desk. His ass must walk and get his food, walking out I said, “You better make up my bed.”

Walking up the stairs for the second time, I had my mother and fathers trays. I magically managed to open their door after struggling for a bit. They were still asleep.

Opening the curtains I heard my father grunt, turning over, closing his head. “Dad, get up,” I called out. His eyes shoot open quickly sitting up. He looked at me from top to bottom with a stressed look on his face, “What’s wrong?”

Shaking my head I pushed the tray against his chest, “Breakfast.” I said. He took it and I made my way to my mother. She woke up from the commotion my father made and was already seated up. Her breakfast was beside her but she didn’t see it. I picked it up handing it to her.

“T-thank you,” she mumbled. I walked out of their room heading to Reegon’s room.

Snuggling up beside him I made him cold with my hands, “Nooooo~” he complained. “Get up, I made breakfast, let’s eat together downstairs.”

Wrapping his lazy arms around my neck he nodded and we got up and out of bed. I picked Skye up along the way settling the two of them down at the table. I made a plain omelette for Skye with the vegetables on the side along with the chicken.

Taking Stellar’s tray to her room, I opened the door and she was already up, looking at me with her mobile in hand. She looked at the tray in my hands and raised her eyebrows surprised.

“Are you trying to bribe me?” she asked. I shook my head handing the tray over to her. Seating down beside her I raised my legs hugging them to myself, “Is there a need to bribe you?” I asked grinning.

Taking a bite of the omelette her eyes sparkled. I caught the glint but she tried hiding it. She’s three years older than me doing her first year at the community college studying teaching.

Turning her head she looked at me, “So… you’re dating Theodore,” she trailed trying to act calm but I hear the nervousness in her voice. Humming I nodded, “Yes, we’re dating.”

“How did it happen?” she asked looking down at the cup in her hand. “He confessed to having an unrequited love for me since middle school, I accepted his confession and he asked me out,” I answered while fiddling with my fingers.

“And the two of you are dating openly?” she asked chewing her omelette.

“Its better that way,” I said earning a curious look from her. “Why,” she asked me. Smiling bitterly I looked away avoiding her gaze, “I’m tired of hiding away.”

“Why didn’t you say anything, do you not trust me?” she asked with disappointment evident in her voice. I looked at her, she looked away from me. “I tried…” I trailed while getting up.

I smiled looking at her. I didn’t give her any more chances to ask questions walking out of her room.

Sturgeon was downstairs eating Reegon’s chicken. “Why are you eating his food?” I grabbed his hand from taking the rest of the chicken, “Mine is finished, I want more.” He says lazily.

Rolling my eyes I looked at my plate, “You can eat mine.”

“What will you eat?” he asked while cutting up my omelette and putting it between two slices of bread.

“I already had two cups of coffee, I’ll have something later,” I said heading for the sink to wash up the dishes.

“The omelette tastes delicious Reigny~” Skye squealed behind me. “Thank you, Skye Skye, eat up alright?”

“Yesss~”

“I’m done,” Reegon proclaimed. “Are you still hungry?” I asked because our elder brother stole half his food.

“Yes,” he answered me softly while glaring at Sturgeon. “There’s chicken in the microwave, must I warm it up for you?”

“Please~”

“That’s unfair, I want more.” Protested Sturgeon. Ignored him and giving the warmed chicken to Reegon who I stand beside glaring at Sturgeon who coveted his chicken.

My father walked downstairs into the Kitchen, “Why is it so noisy down here?” he asked while placing the dishes into the sink. He walked over. Kissing me on the forehead, “Thank you, breakfast was delicious.” He said and went over to kiss Reegon and Skye on their cheeks.

I was momentarily stunned at his act of affection towards me - it's new.

“It’s because Sturgeon keeps eating Reegon’s food pappa~” Skye says answering his question. My father looked at him, “What example are you setting for your siblings?”

“A bad one,” I answered walking back to the sink.

Mother and Stellar soon came down saying thanks for breakfast.

[Theo]

Arriving back home he was stopped by his mother who waited for him outside, “Theodore Matthew May… where are you coming from, when did you leave the house?” she yelled.

“Mom, it's early in the morning, please, not so loud.” He said.

She swung her arm around his neck, “Where you at Reign’s place?”

“Yes,” he answered as they walked in.

“Did you sleep with him?” she asked. Stopping in his steps he groaned, “How can you ask that?”

“Well did you?” she asked nudging him.

“No mom, don’t ask stuff like that please.” He asked continuing his way into the house.

She yelled from the kitchen, “MAKE SURE YOU BRING HIM OVER BEFORE THE END OF THIS WEEK!!”

Sighing in the bathroom, he took out his member relieving himself. Jumping into the shower and out again, he got ready putting on his gym clothes over his practice kit.

In the kitchen, his elder sister and younger brother were already up eating breakfast. His elder sister Talia looked at him up and down, “Did you see the comments on your boyfriend’s relationship update?”

Theo, “I did.”

Thalia, “And?”

Theo, “And what?”

Thalia, “What’s his excuse for all that?”

Theo, “Talia, you know as well as me that one person doesn’t have control over ten others, so how can you expect him to stop them?” he asked with a frown, he wasn’t happy with how his sister wasn’t minding her own business.

“Talia, just leave it, they just started dating don’t talk your brother down like that.” Their mother interrupted.

Sipping on her tea she said, “Mother, I am willing to accept Reign as my brother-in-law but his friends I am not so willing. Also, it seems that they’ve seen him naked and party together. If that is the case, isn’t Reign one of those wild people that don’t know what the social norm is.”

“I understand, but we don’t know his situation darling, Reign must have been through a lot and if you look at it this way, they seem to get along which means he fits somewhere when there is actually a wall up between Reign and everyone he knew before he met them, is it not? Just put yourself in his shoes and be open-minded until you meet him, then you can decide whether you like him or not.” She said trying to convince her daughter.

Theo sat there glaring at his sister who tended to carry on as a snob but he understood that she was only trying to look out for him.

Rolling her eyes she brushed her hair off her shoulder, “So, what were you doing out, you left after 2 am and come back now only.”

“Listen for the last time, Keenan woke me up and I called Reign, when I heard that he was missing me, I went over. We sat in my jeep talking about what was said on Facebook and nothing is going on. Those people are part of the support group he is a part of and they helped him through a lot so he became friends with them and all the shit they were talking about were inside jokes – that’s it… now Reign fell asleep in my arms and I fell asleep shortly after and woke up when mom called and now I am here understand?” he asks looking from his mother and sister.

They nodded while smiling at his ears that turned red under his tanned skin. He left shortly after because they were making things awkward for him.

Arriving at the school's soccer field at the back he got out of his jeep and started his warm-ups. Dribbling the ball and scoring goals too.

Not long after he arrived, a few of his teammates arrived Keenan being one of them. He didn’t notice that they arrived. “THEO!!!” yelled Keenan at the top of his lungs.

Stopping in his steps Theo looked over. His teammates were looking at him oddly. He headed over to them, jogging.

“Morning,” he greeted. They nodded while Keenan complained, “How long have you been practising… you’re soaking wet dude!”

Running a hand through his soaked hair he shrugged. Shaking his head Keenan sat down doing his stretches, the others followed suit.

Theo looked at them from behind listlessly thinking, ‘They’re already acting strange.’ Keenan stopped half-way looking at the frown on Theo’s face, “What’s wrong?” he asked. Snapping out of it he shook his head.

Grinning Keenan teased, “Trouble in paradise?”

Rolling his eyes Theo sat down on the grass yawning.

“Did you find out what they were talking about?” he asked.

“Mn, he said it was a bunch of inside jokes,” he answered while yawning for the second time.

 “Oh…” he trailed getting up. Stretching his legs he asked, “When are you going to see him again?”

Looking over, Theo raised his brow in confusion, “I don’t know, I was with him two hours ago, so maybe tonight or tomorrow…”

“What in the hell were you doing there so early in the morning?” Keenan complained out of frustration.

Shrugging he made to lie down on the grass.

“Get up, don’t sleep!!” he yelled.

“Why must you make so much noise, be like the others and hush.” He said annoyed.

Keenan frowned hearing this, he hadn’t noticed almost, forgetting that they were present. From where he was standing he could see just from the five others who stole glances and looked unhappy, and that there was something wrong when suddenly two of the comments popped into his head, 'I wonder how this will play out', 'Mr Popular'.

Squinting his eyes he right out asked them, “Why are you looking at him like that?”

Theo opened his eyes looking at the other five present, one of the guys who particularly was looking at him with disgust and written on his face stood up. Standing before him he asked, “Why the fuck are you in a relationship with another guy… have you always been a fag?”

Closing his eyes Theo kept silent, Keenan was the one who spoke to him so he didn’t want to interrupt them even though the question was directed at him.

Keenan, “What the fuck does him dating a guy have to do with any of you?”

The guy cocked his head, “So you like guys too,” he stated.

Keenan frowned, “I don't!”

“Then why are you defending him?”

Keenan, “Can’t I… last time I checked, Theo and I are best friends, practically brothers, so why can’t I?”

“Defending a fag, how heroic of you.”

Keenan, “Jacob, you should just stop.”

“Why? I don’t want to be associated with a fag, why must I keep quiet, it’s my mouth.”

0