08| Whose child are you?
2.1k 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mr. Shen emotionlessly continued gossiping with Lin Xiao. The man looked uptight but hidden underneath it, is a gossipy aunty. During their conversation, someone came in and cut off their chatting.

"Sir, the higher up gave a search command for Hero Shun Feng Er. He has been missing for three days after his recent mission. Hero Qian Li Yan already led a personal search." The personnel said, giving the document to Mr. Shen.

The bespectacled man nodded and turned to Lin Xiao. "Our conversation ends here. Please rest well, Mr. Qian."

Lin Xiao waved goodbye and walked out of his working place.

Maybe because Hou Yi didn't do anything at him at night except sleeping beside him, Lin Xiao felt energetic just like any other day.

Since he haven't eaten for lunch yet, he detoured and went to his favorite fast food chain. He ordered a burger steak, chicken nuggets, and large fries as usual.

There were a lot of people inside and the seats are no longer available. Lin Xiao decided not to dine in and just eat at his home.

On the road, he remembered that he will be receiving his first salary tomorrow. The SCA is generous enough to pay them semi-weekly with (insert big amount of money) as their pay. This good news made him giggle and skip, passebys can't help but to smile back when they see how happy Lin Xiao was.

"Money~" he hummed while walking down the street.

He almost stumbled down when a stray cat suddenly ran fast between his feet. The black fluff ball scurried off with his short legs, turning to the right alley where Lin Xiao's house is.

Lin Xiao raised his brow and followed the cat. He stopped right outside his home's gate and was shocked to find a small child beside the trash bin.

The child is a big baby, approximately 3 to 4 years old. The baby was crouched down, burying his small head by his knees. Seeing the pitiful child's big clothes and down casted figure made Lin Xiao's heart go soft.

He leaned down and talked to the child in a gentle way. "Hello, baby. Are you lost?"

The child heard him and slowly looked back. The baby looked like a porcelain doll with his long black hair, light brown eyes, red lips, and chubby cheeks.

Probably because Lin Xiao looked harmless, the child teared up and reached out his small hands to Lin Xiao.

The cute scene made him want to kidnap the child and take him as his own. However, this thought was quickly dispelled. The baby's parents must have been extremely worried.

Lin Xiao took the baby on his arms and took him to the nearest police station. Luckily, the station is just two houses away from his home.

The police uncles quickly attended them and looked through the files of missing children. However, no reports are found and the child can't talk.

Police uncle A patted Lin Xiao's back and said, "While we look for the child's parents. Can you take care of him to the mean time?"

Lin Xiao looked at the small baby who was staring at him innocently, "Well...Yes, I can take care of him for a week at most."

The uncles nodded and escorted them to his house. Lin Xiao put down the baby on the sofa and noticed a black fluff behind his potted plant.

The baby looked where Lin Xiao was looking. Seeing the black cat, the baby let out a sound. "Guu~"

The chubby cat perked up and went towards the baby. Lin Xiao frowned, looking around to see where the hell did the cat came from. He took the baby on his arms again, gaining a happy, "Babaa~" from the baby.

Lin Xiao didn't know whether the cat will pose harm to the child. However, the black fur ball sat down obediently and meowed at him.

He sighed in relief and decided to let the cat stay for a while. He stood up and went to the storage room. His mother had a hobby of collecting everything he and his siblings used when they were kids.

He took a particular box and opened in by the living room. He sat the baby on his lap and rummaged inside the box. Toys, baby clothes, and baby pictures where found inside.

But the baby box wasn't his but instead, it belonged to his younger sister. He was too lazy to get his own baby box because it was buried underneath the other boxes unlike his sister's.

He held up a pink dress and shown it to the baby. The child felt happy when Lin Xiao brought his attention back to him so he flailed his small arms happily.

The baby's clothes is too peculiar. Besides that the clothes are too big, it is also weird and looked like what the sun god and moon god wears.

A sudden thought came to his mind, he imagined that the baby is actually one of the hero's son and there was a big drama where the parents have to leave the baby to hide him from danger. Lin Xiao's brain hole grew bigger and didn't noticed that the baby gnawed his big clothes with his two milk teeth.

"Meow~" The black fur ball nudged Lin Xiao's hands and gestured towards the salivating baby. Lin Xiao quickly put down the dress and took the drooled clothes off the baby.

The child is very obedient and didn't make fuss when Lin Xiao is changing his clothes. Since the youth has experienced taking care of his younger siblings, he worked nimbly and the naked baby was already dressed in the pink dress.

Lin Xiao disregarded that the baby is a boy. The child's small chubby face looked soft and adorable. Easily passing as a female with his long black hair.

After dressing the baby, he bought milk and other baby products online. It was good that the delivery don't take long and the things he bought will be delivered in an hour.

The baby doesn't look like he's hungry but Lin Xiao is starving since earlier. Lin Xiao held the small child as the child played with the black fur ball.

Like any parents, Lin Xiao quickly ate while the baby is preoccupied with his play.

Even though he agreed on taking care of the small child, he didn't know whether he can continuously take care of the baby especially when he needs to have sex— *cough* he meant, work after a week. What if the baby's parents didn't show up after a week? Who will take care of the baby?

He can't just call his parents to go and help because the old couple is currently having a vacation overseas. His siblings are busy at school. His neighbors are also busy with their own agendas.

"Guu~?", Lin Xiao snapped out of his thoughts and saw a chubby hand gripping his pants. He didnt noticed that the baby wobbled towards him and tried to take his attention.

The adorable baby blinked as he incoherently talked again, "Abuu~?"

The cuteness made Lin Xiao melt. He immediately carried the baby and sat him on his lap. The baby stared at him and grabbed Lin Xiao's cheeks with his small hands.

Lin Xiao giggled and poked the baby's small nose. "Whose child are you hmm? Xiao gege*¹ will temporarily be your caretaker until your family found you, okay?"

The baby blinked and did not understand but he still answered, "Guu~" to Lin Xiao.

Meanwhile on the SCA office where Mr. Shen is currently persuading Qian Li Yan to take a session.

"No! My brother is out there, I can't have xxx while my brother is missing!" Qian Li Yan stressed out the word 'can't' as he retorted to Mr. Shen.

The bespectacled officer calmly answered, "We are doing the best we can to find your brother. We do need your help but you are currently drained of power and in need of session."

The All Seeing god, Qian Li Yan, frowned and reluctantly followed what Mr. Shen said. He panicked when he can't see his brother anymore with his powers after their mission.

He had to force himself to have sex so he can recharge and look for his brother again.

Mr. Shen sighed in relief when the anxious hero obeyed him. He had a lot of work to do and the upper echelon is just dumping tasks at him. Even for a workaholic like him, the amount of work is too much. If not being a hero, he would faint from working too much.

He turned off his computer and asked someone to call in his unit to add another team for the search group. He had to find Qian Li Yun's brother before the other rages.

•••⁝⁞⁝⁞••••⁝⁞⁝⁝•••

Gege*¹—means brother, older brother. It can be used to portrait intimacy or closeness.

We gained a cute crossdressing (made by Lin Xiao) baby and another hero, All Seeing god Qian Li Yun!

41