3: Clothes and Hunt
687 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up to a very pleasant surprise firstly I was no longer in a bed but rather a cocoon esque pod ,Secondly was this [Defeated Tier 4 Treant], thirdly was the charred insides of Mister Tree. Now my only theory is that Mister Tree attempted to siphon my soul which caused him to take a trip to the abyss to meet a pitiful end.

Now due to that betrayal I lost 30 health points and am stuck inside a pod though I suppose this is the perfect opportunity to test out my magic. Now I assume that magic is all about image so lets just go with a gas fire and see what happens... nothing maybe I need to say something? "[Flame]" still nothing, how do I use magic? well I suppose I should figure out what mana is first... yeah maybe I should have done that to begin with.

So lets meditate and see if we can feel it. [3 hours later] Ohhh it's that weird tingly feeling going on around the tattoos well lets try to take the mana out of the tattoos and see how it goes?

[Flame]

~ROAR~

It... it certainly burnt it, It's just I don't think I can use this tree hole anymore. How does this kind of thing even happen!? It burnt half the tree down, well he betrayed me so he deserves it.

As I was walking out of the charred Mister Tree Treant it started glowing blue and dissipated leaving in it's place a red yukata with a mid thigh length skirt with a pattern reminiscent of black orchids, a pair of knee socks, a pair of knee length black leather boots, some... underwear (of the feminine variety), and strangely enough a blindfold with the same pattern as the kimono. 

[Gained Skill 'Identify' at lv1]

'Well I would have preferred pants, but it's clothes' after contemplating life decisions for a bit it's time to get dressed but how is another matter seeming as I have never worn a bra or a kimono before soooo.

"Vivianne do you have any insight to share"

"..."

"Well that's very helpful... Mother?"

'well I suppose she wants me to figure it out on my own' First panties as that is the most straight forward even if it feels... strange, second socks and boots because I'm tired of my feet hanging out in the dirt 'it's also fairly straight forward', third bra but 'how do I even put it on? well it kinda looks like a sports bra so I guess I just slide it on maybe?' after sliding it on I discovered that I somehow still fucked up and that the clothes don't like being put on wrong and just shifted into the right position 'convenient', lastly the yukata with my new found knowledge I just put my arms in the holes and it did the rest of the work 'seriously convenient, but why did the obi tie a bow? well whatever' now to put the blindfold on or not; on one hand it would help me get perception skills but on the other I like you know... Seeing well I'll just pack it into the obi and decide later.

"Aaaah" I screamed as the blindfold ties itself around my face.

"damned cursed trees clothes" I grumbled to myself 'why can I still see I was certain the blindfold put itself on?'

"did you try to identify it?"

"eek!?... stop scaring me, and I don't have that skill"

"sigh, you got it earlier you just didn't notice"

"did I? 'Status'" 'I really should update my stat points anyways'


Name: Rin Inanis Race: Inanis Foxkin Age: 22 Sex: F

Cultivation Level: Tier 0 - 200/1000 Technique: Flamma inanis → Void Orchids Flame

Hp: 50/75 +5/hour (+6/hour)         Mp: 175/175 +5/min (+8/min)

Str: 10 (+10)         Dex: 10 (+20)         Con: 10 (+10)

Int: 10 (+20)         Wis: 10 (+30)         Cha: 10 (+10)

Sp: 100 (-100)

Skills:

Mana Manipulation lv1, Mana Perception lv1, Darkness Magic lv1, Void Magic lv1, Fire Magic lv1, Identify lv1

Titles:

Void Caller, Child of the Void, Demi-Spirit, Eye of the Void


'So I did, and the hell is Void Orchids Flame'

Well I guess I should take Vivi's advice [Identify]

[Void Orchids flame Garb:

Clothes Forged of Void and Flame mana within an orchid tree.

Effect: Conforms to the body of the user, self cleaning, Fire and Void absorption (fire and void mana is absorbed to repair the garb and empower the wearer)

Crafter: Rin Inanis]

'This shit is crazy that's two types of mana that can't harm me now, but that still doesn't explain why I can see with a blindfold on'

"You can see because the blindfold has something like one way visibility, and it should prevent people from going insane from looking towards your eyes"

"oohh that's convenient, thanks Vivi"

"Mmm"

~growl~

Ahh yes food I almost forgot I suppose I should go find something. About half an hour later I found a clearing 'The FUCK is that abomination' I thought staring at what appears to be a panther with eight legs 'it's like a spider and a cat had a love child... is it bleeding out?' I walk closer to the creature it looks like it won't live through the next hour with the rate it's bleeding out 'I guess I should put it out of it's misery' well I guess I should try my new magic Idea {Void Flame} a pitch black sphere of fire appears in my hand and I throw it at the head creature 'that power should only be used in extreme situations' I thought while watching the flame completely disintegrate the head and proceed to make a 4ft perfectly spherical hole into the ground. "it's not even burn't it's just gone" I murmured to myself as the body of the eight legged cat dissipated in a blue light leaving behind a dark as night glaive with the creature engraved on the side of the blade with it slowly turning into a flowery pattern the farther you go down the blade all done in a pulsating silvery pink and a stone about the size of my fist that shifts from black to silvery pink then back again.

'Well I guess I found my melee weapon [Identify]'

[Glaive of the Beast:

a Glaive made of the energy of an Unseelie Panther.

Effects: bends light at the will of the user]

[A rank core of an Unseelie Panther]

'Holy shit that thing was A rank I don't wanna meet whatever almost killed it'

"Mreow"

"Eeeek!?" looking down is a baby panther thing rubbing up on my leg 'To be honest it's really cute'

Reaching down to pick it up I proclaim "I'm gonna keep you, but first are you a boy?"

"Hsssssssss"

"I guess not so you're a little girl, so I'll name you Socks because of your little white paws"

[Familiar Contract Formed with Unseelie Panther (Socks)]

"oh... I didn't expect that"

"Purrr"

"Well lets pick this stuff up and go find some food"

"Mreow" 'So cute'


It's getting dark and I still haven't found anything and frankly the aching in my stomach is starting to get really unpleasant.

"You getting anything Socks?"

Socks then proceeds to raise a paw and point towards a cave with hoof prints coming out of it and roles her eyes. 'When did you get so sassy?'

"well lets check it out" I say as I start walking towards the cave and hear some rumbling and a squeel emanating from the cave. when I walk in I'm greeted by a boar that is about 4ft at the shoulder and is staring menacingly towards me I immediately get into battle stance sadly it's more or less just me waving my glaive at it from a distance hoping it impales itself. The pig got tired of waiting and charged at me I attempt to dodge however it's tusk grazes my side causing it to... spew void flame? 'That Monster Just did half my health in one hit' except now it has my "blood" on it causing parts of it's face to corrode 'I now understand what happened to the Treant' I thought as the boar writhes in pain as it's face is slowly disintegrated. Socks decided I've gawked long enough and smacks me on the head to snap me out of my daze, she then points at the glaive and hits me again "alright I get it I'll kill it then we can eat... maybe" I then stab the melting boar in the neck reaching it's spine killing it instantly. [Glaive arts lv1 acquired] 'Sweet, I feel I have a better understanding of my weapon... maybe'

The body then glows blue for a time and dissipates leaving a large pile of meat, a large tanned hide, and a pulsating stone maybe about the size of a shuttlecock. well now to start a fire and get cooking.

'Gathering wood'

'Stack it so I can cook'

'set a stone slab over top it'

'A little fire magic for a spark'

'And voila a little fire, time to start cooking'

about an hour later Socks and I were full and getting sleepy so we laid the hide down further into the cave and Socks went to bed but I have one more thing to try. 'I've read in some stories were people can store things in their shadow and I have darkness magic so lets see what I can do' 

2 hours later, "Finally!" after 2 hours of wasting mana and dropping things on the floor I finally got the message [Shadow Storage lv1 acquired] and with that I can at last go to sleep.

Would Y'all prefer longer weekly chapters, or Shorter Daily chapters
  • Daily
  • Weekly
  • Don't care
Total voters: 29 · This poll was closed on Aug 25, 2020 05:47 AM.
12