4: Magic
533 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I woke up there was a large black fuzzball curled up next to me until it too woke up and looked directly at me 'did another panther sneak in while I was sleeping'

"mreow"

"Socks?" After I said her name she immediately nuzzled my face for what seemed like ages though it was heavenly the whole time.

"Socks what happened to you, you're all big now"

"purr"

"So you absorbed the mana I passively emit and you grew?" Socks nodded after I said that

"Well anyways are you hungry?"

"mreow" she shook her head

"Hmm, I see so you don't have to eat because you consume the mana I omit, I guess that makes since you're technically are a fairy"

Socks nodded and proceeded to leave the cave

"Where are you going?"

"mreow"

"Hunting? but you don't need to eat right?"

"mew"

"For sport well as long as you bring the spoils back I guess it's fine, and don't fight anything you can't beat" Socks nodded and bounded off into the trees.

'Well what do I do now... Ahh magic I've been meaning to get around to it'

First this is what I know as for the accuracy I would be willing to give it a 3/10 there are just to many gaps in my understanding; The tattoos function sort of like a talisman and when magic is channeled through them it creates the desired phenomena though only my void and fire magic function in this way however I am currently incapable of using them in a different way; Darkness magic is a little weird because when used I can just gather the mana in a spot and will it to be darkness which then causes darkness magic however as far as I know this is far more inefficient than the tattoos and less powerful so I think the tattoos have something to due with my affinities as well as being part spirit. I also believe that anyone is capable of learning any kind of magic but your affinities affect their growth rate and efficiency. Now with that being out of the way lets get to magic practice.

Goal 1: Gain a skill in earth, water, and wind magic

Goal 2: Find a way to add to the tattoos if possible

Goal 3 repeatable: Cultivate to seek answers

Now First on our goal sheet is earth magic as I think it the most useful in the current situation, now using mana manipulation I'm going to attempt to infuse mana into the stone slab I used for cooking. 1st attempt the mana just kinda floats around it and I can barely control where it's floating I guess lets keep trying. After a long while I hear [Mana Manipulation is now lv2] immediately afterword the control over my mana increased but it still refuses to permeate the rock, well anyways I'm hungry so it's cooking time. This time we're making something lavish what might that be you ask, bacon my friend... and steak either way there is no seasoning so it's still gross but bacon.

Anyways I figure since I'm Stuck on earth magic I might as well try something different so water magic time why cause I'm thirsty why else.

Socks PoV:

I'm going to bring back the biggest and most juicy creature I can find for master now what kind of creature? certainly master want's to do the finishing blow so something small that I can overpower a bird? no to hard to catch, ahh I know a human master sort of resembles a human but is very much not I'm sure she'll enjoy human just as much as I do hehehe it's time to do some hunting.

Rin PoV:

Good news is I hit mana manipulation lv3 and mana perception lv2 but the bad news is water magic is just as hard as earth magic perhaps I can't learn anymore magic as of current or maybe I do have a tattoo representing darkness magic, could it be the moon? but that doesn't explain why I don't have to channel it through a tattoo this is too complicated for my small mind. Well anyways since I can't do water magic I'll have to head back to the lake to get a drink.

On my way to the lake I spotted a wolf like thing covered in green fur fighting a posse of little green men I wonder who will win, well it doesn't matter cause I'm gonna kill whoever wins anyways but first [Identify]

[Forest wolf Tier 2]

[Goblin Tier 1]

[Goblin Tier 1]

[Goblin Tier 1]

So their goblins it looks like their doing a pretty good job the wolf has quite a few cuts across it's body but the goblins also look pretty worse for wear. The wolf pounced on a goblin ripping it's throat out while the other two goblins proceed to stab the wolf in it's eye and side. The wolf's response is to howl? ohh it's using wind magic I thought as a wind blade cuts off the head of the goblin that stabbed the wolfs eye the wolf then turns toward the last goblin an lunges slashing through it's skull it's brain matter splattering along the ground. 'good finish... but I do wish I had some popcorn' as soon as the battle finished I charge the wolf before it can respond however I greatly underestimated it's speed as it completely dodged my thrust soon after it lunged towards me to which I respond by shifting my position and slashing diagonally towards it's shoulder causing the wolf to drop to the ground with it's severed leg ~ding~ on the ground a few feet away after which I take the initiative and thrust towards it's neck separating it's head from body leaving a dismembered wolf corpse which slowly faded blue leaving behind a wolf pelt and a baseball sized green stone on the ground. The goblin corpses too appear to have evaporated during the fight leaving marble sized yellow stones behind and their weapons. 'God I love this glaive but I got a notification what was that about' [Glaive arts achieved lv2] 'Oh sweet that'll definitely be useful anyways I'm almost at the lake'

Walking towards the lake I see a familiar charred spot which once held a tree that deserved to die for taking advantage of my sleeping self I will not tolerate disturbances to my slumber unless of course it's Vivi or Socks. Whilst staring menacingly at the burnt patch of earth an Idea struck me. "I need a water bottle, but how do I get one? Ahh second genius idea is what if I use my fire to manipulate the earth?" I conjure a blue flame in the shape of a 2 gallon growler and then proceed to lower the temperature so that it won't crystallize the sand around of the lake then I lower it into the sand and when it is completely buried in sand I turn the heat to maximum and wait about 2 minutes or so until the sand starts to glow 'I should be able to steal the heat out of the glass right and pull it into the fire right?' when I try it works like a charm and I'm left with a jug buried in the sand but before I can dig it out an intense pain emanates from the tattoo on my left had screaming as it starts to shift and a shiny looking orb appears within the flames with rocks form a ring around them. When the pain starts to die down I'm greeted with three messages [Temperature Magic lv1 acquired] [Earth Magic lv1 acquired] {New magic created Glass Magic lv1 acquired} "Holy fuck who knew learning magic could be so painful" I stated barley audible while curled on the ground.

"Vivi did you know this would happen?" I asked while picking myself off the ground

"..."

"I'll take your silence as a yes"

'well no matter even if she warned me I still would have gone through with it because I must learn all the magic I can' But even so I have a new revised theory as to what the tattoos are they are in fact not affinities but a method of learning new magic via connecting it to previously learned magic but as to why I have to channel magic through them is still unknown. Well we'll figure that out later for now I want my water bottle. [Dig]

As soon as I cast the spell the sand around and in the jug were removed and formed a neat pile next to the hole, the Jug was now visible and now I'm not certain I could call it anything but a strainer, but well this is a perfect opportunity to test out glass magic [shape] as soon as the spell was cast the glass changed shape to the originally planed shape I also used some excess material to make a lid so I could close it. After I was done with the modifications I was left with a crystal clear very beautiful jug which is almost unrecognizable from the previous bottle which was full of holes and a dark brown color and not transparent at all. I then filled the jug with lake water put it in storage and went home to recover my mana because when making that jug I got dangerously close to empty I only have 5% left in the tank and I'm feeling very sleepy so I'm going to go take a nap.


Name: Rin Inanis Race: Inanis Foxkin Age: 22 Sex: F

Cultivation Level: Tier 0 - 200/1000 Technique: Void Orchids Flame

Hp: 75/75 +6/hour         Mp: 9/175 +8/min

Str: 20          Dex: 30          Con: 20 

Int: 30          Wis: 40          Cha: 20 

Sp:

Skills:

Mana Manipulation lv2, Mana Perception lv3, Darkness Magic lv1, Void Magic lv1, Fire Magic lv2, Identify lv1, Glaive arts lv2, Shadow Storage lv1, Earth Magic lv1, Temperature Magic lv1, Glass Magic lv1

Titles:

Void Caller, Child of the Void, Demi-Spirit, Eye of the Void

11