5: Human
527 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few hours since I woke up from my nap and I still haven't figured out how to integrate water magic into the tattoo on my right hand however the more pressing matter is that the sun is starting to set and Socks isn't back yet. 'I wonder what she's doing, well she must be hunting something specific and can't find it' anyways I'm going to cook some meat and continue the magic training... ahh I have a plan on how to do both at the same time.

First: Use earth magic to shape a pot for stew

Second: Pour water into the pot

Third: use fire magic to heat the water inside the pot

Now that I have a plan let's get started first [Mold] after I say the spell the stone slab I've been cooking on deforms and shapes itself into a large pot and lid. After making the pot I then pour some water in from my handy dandy jug which is now about half full 'I wonder if I can use glass magic to color it a bit' now for the attempt at using fire magic in conjunction with the water, [Flame] a small reddish fireball then appears over the pot 'Now to lower it into the water while regulating it's heat' the flame then lowers itself into the water causing it to boil 'given that i have the opportunity let's steal the heat out of the steam to the point it freezes' [Sap] the steam starts condensing slowly turning into droplets of water which then start turning into little pieces of ice which all look a bit like a tear drop which then shatter once they fall to the ground. After the last Ice drop falls a searing pain starts to emanate out of my right hand which causes me to scream as I involuntarily curl up on the ground as the tattoo starts to shift ~ding~ the pain weakens some which allows me to watch as the tattoo changes first by a crystal encasing the flame then by a crack forms in the crystal causing it to leak a fluid which then forms a ring around the crystal at which point the pain recedes and I'm given a message [Water Magic lv1 acquired] [Ice Magic lv1 acquired] [Pain resistance advances to lv2] [Multicast lv1 acquired] after the messages subside I lay in my pile of tears and snot for a while longer before shakily picking myself of the ground to continue cooking. 'God that was worse than last time, maybe it was due to it being an opposite element?'

About an hour after the water magic incident the stew was completed and the results taste wise was mediocre at best. Aside from the poor quality stew Socks still hasn't come back and it's a little worrying because I figured she'd be back before dark but I guess I was wrong well any ways I'm going to sleep and hopefully she'll be back in the morning.

Socks PoV:

Finding a Human that was alone and of decent size was quite the task however if it's for master I would do anything. Luckily this human doesn't appear to be leaving the forest tonight giving me the perfect opportunity to catch it and bring it back to master.

A few hours of stalking later and the human decided to camp next to the lake that is near masters cave now all I have to do is wait until it goes to sleep.

Rin PoV:

It's morning and Socks has returned! but there is an anomaly under her being and I guess that is the prey she found however she hasn't killed it yet, I wonder why that is?

"Socks, wake up" I say while shaking her shoulder

"Mreow"

"No you don't get 5 more minutes, the sky is awake so you should be too"

"hsss"

"Don't use that tone with me young lady... anyways what did you catch?"

"Mreow"

"A HUMAN!? WHY!?"

"Mreow?"

"Of course I don't like it. Why would you think I would?"

"mew" she say's trying to make herself small

"They're tasty? so that's why, well at least you haven't killed him yet"

~sigh~

"hey wake up" I say while smacking his face lightly. A couple seconds later he starts to open his eyes and as soon as he sees me his face turns to a disgusted expression.

"So my cat decided you would be a tasty snack and brought you to my cave, though personally I have no interest in eating you" Socks then whips my back with her tail, I turn to look at her and glares at me "sorry Panther" with a satisfied expression she goes an lays down on the pig hide.

"And what is a filthy mutt doing in Iresheim"

"Filthy mutt huh so I take it you don't like beastkin in this kingdom"

"Filthy mutt doesn't even know what continent it's on"

"ahh so I take it this is the human continent and humans are horribly racist"

"Racist? Pshh beastkin are born to be slaves. Speaking of which I'll take good care of you now bow to your new master"

"Socks you said humans are tasty right? Though I can't imagine them being tasty with such rotten souls"

"Filthy Mutt you think you can OPPOSE me!?"

All expression drains from my face as I take my glaive out of my storage.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Cleansing filth" Afterwords I steal his head from his shoulders and toss it to Socks "all yours" I say with a smile to Socks

"Purr"

'Well now I have some more things to think about, First before we get out of this forest, wind magic'

A few hours later the corpse has all but disappeared including the blood leaving a very bloated and happy Socks in it's place. I've also come up with a plot to gain wind magic which is fairly simple assuming I can control all aspects of fire including the smoke it emits.

Step 1: Make a fire ball

Step 2: disperse the smoke and move the wind with it

Step 3: profit

Going along with the plan I plan to use at least half my mana to make this work because I learned using aspects of fire that aren't the flame itself is very intensive on my reserves now anyways [Flame] a relatively dirty fire akin to that of a wood fire appears and starts producing smoke. I then take control of the embers and smoke and spread it out by this point I've used about 30% of my mana I then start to move the smoke and ash around in the air and this starts to create a gust of wind leading out of the cave and into the sky soon after my head starts to ache and I pass out.

Socks PoV:

Master must have used to much mana because she passed out immediately after attempting whatever she was doing. Master is sleeping however she is clutching at her head as if she were intense pain. Her forehead marking started changing as soon as she passed out too in front of the moon now grows an orchid tree which is rooted in a cloud that twinkles like the ashes after the flame burns out.

A few hours later Master stopped clutching her head and convulsing on the ground I'm still worried but she just won't wake up no matter what I try. well I guess I just have to wait, I have faith master will pull through.

Rin PoV:

"Where am I" I said murmured as I opened my eyes

"This place looks a lot like the void except for the tree" the tree is definitely an orchid tree however the flowers look like fire with a black hole in the center 'Is that a Void flame Orchid' the tree itself is growing out of giant piece of glass that is floating on the surface of a lake that is constantly shifting between water and ice which is then surrounded by a sandy bank that then drops into the void however the whole structure rests atop a cloud of ash. I'm currently seated on the sand wondering what I do to get out of here.

"You've Returned"

"Am I back in the void?"

"no, your inside the inner void, or your soul space"

"but why are you here?"

"because your soul is part of the void so I can speak with you longer here, Though this is but a fragment of my being"

"So My soul space is connected to the void but is not the same part of the void I was in?"

"precisely however your time here is fleeting"

"why is that?"

"Because your mind is not strong enough to withstand this space for long periods... see you soon Rin"

After Vivianne said that I black out again.


Name: Rin Inanis Race: Inanis Foxkin Age: 22 Sex: F

Cultivation Level: Tier 0 - 400/1000 Technique: Void Orchids Flame

Hp: 75/75 +6/hour         Mp: 175/175 +8/min

Str: 20          Dex: 30          Con: 20 

Int: 30          Wis: 40          Cha: 20 

Sp: 40 

Skills:

Mana Manipulation lv2, Mana Perception lv3, Darkness Magic lv1, Void Magic lv1, Fire Magic lv2, Identify lv1, Glaive arts lv2, Shadow Storage lv1, Earth Magic lv1, Temperature Magic lv1, Glass Magic lv1, Water Magic lv1, Ice Magic lv1, Pain Resistance lv2, Multicast lv1, Wind Magic lv1, Ash Magic lv1

Titles:

Void Caller, Child of the Void, Demi-Spirit, Eye of the Void

13