9: The Week of Night
495 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sky cries today and with every scream the sun grew dimmer until the world was plunged into a night so dark that not even the stars graced it. The screams reminiscent of a woman in labor lasted the entirety of the first day and were soon replaced by noises of a newborn crying as it took it's first breath, the screams and tears filled the air across the world lasting the rest of the first night but were soon followed by a deafening silence which which marked the end of the Crying Night as the first Night has come to be known as.

The Second Night was marked by the moon reappearing though in front it danced a 9 tailed fox made of black fire with a 7 tailed Fox pup made of Silver Fire they danced across the sky reshaping it bringing back the stars though dimmer than before and by the time the last star was placed in the sky the foxes blazed brighter until their beings spread across the sky marking the end of the Night of Rebirth.

The Third Night was heralded by the return of the Foxes though throughout the night as the Silver fox grew so too did the stars grow more brilliant until the fox dissipated once more leaving only the Black fox which marked the end of the Night of Growth.

On the Fourth Night it rained glass and as it landed it turned to ash which then at the end of the night  turned blue as it burned as cold as ice until it disappeared marking the end of the Night of Glass Fire.

The Fifth Night brought Twilight which gently caressed the diurnal creatures of the world warning of the sixth this marked the Night of Light.

The Sixth Night stole light itself condemning the world to darkness for all but the progenitor of the night the Night of Umbra ended with hands of black and white gifting the light back to the world.

The Seventh Night was ordinary as the moon streaked across the sky, setting and bringing back the sun as a Nine tailed Foxkin woman adorned in a cloak entered a town with 7 tailed Foxkin pup strapped to her back in a cradleboard, with Glaive in hand, and a panther to her right; Thus marking the end of the Night of Repent.


It took an exceptional amount of effort to make this cradleboard and if I must say I think I did a fantastic job 'Only the best for my cute little Mae' I made the damn thing out of Kelpie because I got one to chase me a few days after I found out I was pregnant and led it into a pitfall I had dug and the thing fell in and snapped it's neck killing it instantly sadly I didn't get Xp because apparently I have to actually damage something with my hands to get xp or so Mother says anyways I accomplished all of the goals I set previously given I had an extra 9 months to work on them due to my unexpected pregnancy though I haven't been able to progress much since due to taking care of my beloved Daughter my status also went through some changes that I find weird. [Status]

Name: Rin Inanis Moonfire Race: Void Moonfire Foxkin Age: 22 Sex: F

Cultivation Level: Tier 1 - 467/10000 [xp 341/4000 lv7] Technique: Void Orchids Moonfire Mantra 

Soulspace: Tier Ñὃէ Ẩῦǟιŀąƀľȩ [хῥ Ò/ΊἸƻɜ9θƼ-IƻӠ77ƨӠϑЧÏȮ9Ց]

Hp: 650/650 +10/min         Mp: 1775/1775 +25/sec

Str: 175 Dex: 250 Con: 170 Defence: 50

Int: 250 Wis: 410 Cha: 175 Evasion: 100

Stat Points:

Skills:

Mana Manipulation lv9, Mana Perception lv7, Darkness Magic lv4, Void Magic lv4, Fire Magic lv6, Identify lv7, Glaive Mastery lv3, Shadow Storage lv5, Earth Magic lv4, Temperature Magic lv5, Glass Magic lv5, Water Magic lv3, Ice Magic lv4, Pain Resistance lv7, Multicast lv6, Wind Magic lv3, Ash Magic lv3, Lunar magic lv4, Beastial Shape lv2, Stealth lv3, Trap making lv3, Trap detection lv3, Sense Presence lv5

Titles:

Void Caller, Child of the Void, Demi-Spirit, Eye of the Void, Daughter of the Moon, Queen Moonfire Foxkin, Ancestral Moonfire Foxkin

Condition:

Healthy

For explanations as to what the new titles are:

[Queen Moonfire Foxkin: Head of the the Moonfire Foxkin tribe, a once extinct society with very few foxkin that carry the legacy; Grants a 500 mana point increase, Grants enough tails to reach the royal standard of nine (more may be earned), grants 100 health point increase; Upon title activation all Foxkin that carry a significant portion of the Moonfire Foxkin bloodline will evolve (Current tribe Size 89)]

[Ancestral Moonfire Foxkin: Is the Progenitor of the Moonfire foxkin; Grants 500 mana Point Increase, Grants Signifigant increases to mana and health regeneration, Grants 100 health point increase.]

Before you ask no my little princess does not have nine tails she only has 7 which is still quite annoying to deal with because she tends to hit me with them while I'm feeding her. Though the weirdest thing is the fact that my species changed, but none of that matters currently as I am being interrogated by the town guard because apparently as soon as I showed up at the gate 'The Week of Night' or whatever ended.

"Ma'am are you absolutely sure that you had nothing to due with The Week of Night?" the captain of the guard asked incredulously

"I don't even know what that is, how could I be the cause of it" I stated legitimately not knowing what he was talking about

"HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS!? the world went dark for 7 days and the beginning was heralded by the screams of a woman and newborn and later there were foxes dancing in the sky how could one not notice that!?" he asked exasperatedly

"Well I was underground for the last 7 days... well I guess I gave birth 7 days ago? but other than that I don't know what your talking about."

"~sigh~ well whatever just pay up and get out of here you filthy dog"

"Fox. and how much?" he froze as soon as I stated fox and carefully examined the color of mine and my daughters fur only to pale further.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm terribly sorry ma'am the toll is 5 coppers per person though we'll wave it for your child."

"Thank you, and here you go" after paying the fee I exited the gatehouse and entered the town 'That guard looks like he could use a day off'

"Let's go find an inn for us my little Cutie" I cooed softly towards my child, walking down the street was quite uncomfortable seeming as everyone was looking my direction mostly with either disgust, envy, or lust 'am I really that pretty or is it Mae, perhaps the tails?' well no matter I found an inn that seems suitable for my purposes called the Sun seed inn. As I walk in I can tell that basically everyone is staring at me until finally a young woman around 15 years old comes up to me.

"How may I help you?" She says with an obviously forced smile 'maybe I should have worn my cloak?'

"I need a single room, for lets say 3 days."

"certainly, that will be 10 coppers a night without food, and 15 with" She says with a crack forming in her customer service smile.

"here you are" I say while hand her 30 coppers 'I don't trust them to not poison me and take Mae'

"Third room on the left, Enjoy your stay" She states whilst hurriedly handing me the room key and quickly running of presumably to vent about her encounter with a lower life form.

"What do you say we go check out if this bed is better than the one at home little one?" post statement to my adorable child comes a mug half filled with ale directed towards her. [Ice Shield] a wall erected of Ice comes into existence halting the mugs movement before receding back into the air from whence it came 'who in their right mind would through a mug at a poor child' "waaaaaaaahh!?" upon hear the distress of my little one my face hardens with determination "Who through the mug?" I state with an icy tone unleashing a considerable amount of bloodlust towards the crowd causing at least half of them to flinch. "Who'd care about a mutts like you, your just a slaves that's yet to be caught"

"hmm well I guess that answers my question [Voidflame]" I directed the voidflames to coalesces in my left whilst in the right my glaive raises from the shadows.

"Now grovel and I may let you live"

"Pshh whats a little fire like that gonna... AAAAAHHH!!" before finishing his sentence I unleashed my flame which coalesced upon his figure disintegrating his existence while leaving the rest of the surroundings alone due to the odd properties of Voidflames in which they only affect the intended target.

The audience looked on in horror as the innkeeper barrels through the door leading to the kitchen "the HELL is going on here!?" 

"Simple he assaulted me and my child then refused to grovel for my forgiveness and was sent to the afterlife because of it."

"..."

"ohh and those of you who are his friends I will tell you this you will not see him in the next life because that technique erases the soul as long as the offender is less powerful than myself."

""...""

"Then I shall take my leave"

~sigh~ I told myself I'd never use that technique again however I will show no mercy to those who intend harm upon Mae or myself. 

"waaaaaaH!!"

"Ohh you must be hungry lets get to that then it's bedtime for you and me. then tomorrow we'll go to the guild and get Mommy an adventurers card okay?" I cooed to my little princess

Some Rando PoV

As the Royal fox left the scene the rest of us were stunned never in our lives have we ever encountered a being capable of reducing the soul to ash like she. She killed Steve without a second thought upon his insult our party may have only been E ranked but we were close to being D ranked we could only imagine the power that fox held.

"What monster did we make an enemy of" I asked to the rest of my party members

"I dunno but it appears we should head to the guild and warn them unless we want another soul to leave this life" David our tank suggested

"yeah maybe we should apologize or 'grovel' as she put it?" Julie stated as we discussed our plans

"I think it's maybe best we left them alone though warning the guild would be a good idea" I said trying to minimize damages of our part one warrior was enough of a loss to us.

"Yeah lets do that." with Julie's consent we went to the guild despite the late hour.

11