10: Guild
446 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Infants are sort of a pain especially when they wake up every two hours either having gone to the bathroom or requiring feeding luckily whenever she goes to the bathroom I can wash her with water magic though I don't think she really likes the sensation of it because she cries every time I do it, well no matter it's the fastest way to clean not just her but her diapers as well which were mob drops surprisingly, well in actuality I feel it's her grandparents doting on her because they are literally gods well at least one of them is I'm not entirely sure what Vivianne constitutes but the other grandparent calls herself the goddess of the moon though I have yet to meet her and Vivianne refuses to tell me about her. I've also found that despite the weird potion thingy they made me drink which supposedly increases my libido I have found myself completely cold in that department though I have a feeling that it is related to my innate motherly instincts suppressing said things I also would like to avoid having another child anytime soon considering the world literally bore witness to my last one from what I've heard. Like seriously what god broadcasted me while I was in labor, can't a girl have some privacy, yet I also have a suspicion of this being from the doting grandparents because they felt the need to show the world how amazing their granddaughter is (to which I totally agree). But being a first time mother was having it's drawbacks because I didn't even know what to do though luckily Vivianne, and Socks have given me their support so it's far easier than it could have been, my past lifes memories didn't help either because as far as I know they weren't a parent though it is getting difficult to remember things other than knowledge from it at this stage I don't even remember if I was a guy or a girl which I suppose doesn't really matter because as of current I am a 100% doting mother and I don't plan on changing that in the slightest, mostly because she could be my last child if I don't find a suitable partner later on. Anyways I need to swaddle Mae and head to the guild so I can get work and perhaps make my way to the beastkin continent (if it even exists).

I stepped out of my room and locked it behind me, well it's not like I left anything in there anyways leaving every thing in my Shadow storage is much more convenient, though sadly there is no convenient way to carry Mae around other than the cradleboard I made this is yet another idea that Vivianne gave me because when I was gripping about having to carry a newborn around everywhere around 7 months in she told me about how Native Americans used to carry their babies around and I kinda pilfered the idea because it was the most convenient  solution possible, essentially a cradleboard is like a board that has a baby sized pocket on it and is slung around the back or simply put a baby backpack, but the trade off is I can't use my cloak with it because Mae would start crying and that would make me a bit of a monster magnet. anyways I made my way to the counter and handed the girl my key while exiting the inn but not before getting directions to the Adventures guild, but apparently asking where the 'Guild' is, is kinda confusing because as it turns out there are multiple guilds the relevant ones being the Adventurers guild, commerce guild, and magicians guild; there are other guilds but they all mostly fall under the big three so like there is a blacksmiths guild but it's part of the commerce guild. Anyways whilst on my way to the adventurers guild I was getting a lot of side eyes 'man they must really dislike beastkin here... or I'm just really pretty, or Mae is just being cute making baby noises' outside of the guild was a bit odd there wasn't really anyone here and I could only think of two reasons one being that they're all inside or it's just to early because I got here around 5 in the morning why you ask I'll give you a hint it starts with an M and ends with an E and is extremely loud when hungry. So yeah I just ended up awake because Mae decided I should be, anyways inside the guild was interesting it had a wooden floor and 5 counters 3 on the right and 2 in the back with stairs in between them and the place was fairly empty aside from the few early bird adventurers.

"How may I help you?" said a friendly lady at the closest counter to me, though this caused a chain reaction of all the few adventurers in the building to turn and look at me, one of which immediately kneeled and bowed his head which atop were adorned 2 elk like antlers.

"Your highness, to which does this lowly town owe your presence"

"Your highness? oh no, well I technically am a queen but I have yet to gather my people, so what truly is a queen with nothing to rule?"

Upon hearing those words several of the adventurers expressions changed from lust or disgust to that of greed.

"that matters not you who bears the nine tails is one which all beastkin are bound to respect."

"Well anyways I'm here to sign up as an adventurer do you think I can do that?" I said while drawing my attention back to the receptionist who by this point had a very confused expression upon her face. "You can stop kneeling now if you like good sir" after saying so he quickly righted his posture "of course though allow me to introduce myself to your Majesty, I am Tor Greybark of the Thunder Elk clan, I am also currently in self imposed exile for training so that I may become an Knight serving under the Beast lord" 

"hmm, Well I suppose I should introduce myself young knight (He appears to be about 16 years of age), I am Rin Inanis Moonfire, Ancestral Queen of the Moonfire Foxkin clan, and this is my Daughter Mae Ceiri Moonfire" Upon hearing those words the blood drained from the Elkin face as he froze in place "T-the Moonfire clan? Surely not they were said to have gone extinct thousands of years ago..." he muttered to himself though I could still hear him "Extinct once perhaps, lost and scattered is more likely, you may continue your business I have work to do" I said while turning back to the receptionist while the young Elkin stood there looking as if he'd seen a ghost.

"I'd like to register as an adventurer"

"... Yes please put your hand on the crystal to register your mana and we'll have a card readied for you shortly"

I put my hand on the crystal provided which glowed brilliantly for a few moments before before it subsided.

"I'll be right back with your card"

Receptionist PoV:

What the hell happened in there, She's a queen? and one of the guilds B ranked adventurers bowed to her. Well I guess it's none of my business though I have no plans of insulting her even if I didn't get that warning last night it would still be unwise to put down a Foxkin with more than 3 tails, though I wouldn't have insulted her even if she had less then three considering that discrimination against beastkin is an antiquated thought that should be stamped. Well anyways I should grab the card and bring it back... well it wouldn't hurt to take a peak at her status would it?

...

Scary, she could end basically any adventurer E rank or bellow with little difficulty, she could likely still kill a D ranker it would not be without injury, but she has potential and quite a lot of it it's scary to think might happen if she were to reach immortality, though some say that all proprietors of lunar magic achieve it due to their intimate connection to a god, she is definitely a force to be feared.

Rin PoV:

"Here is your card, Would you like a short explanation"

"Thank you, and yes please"

Her spiel was essentially adventurers go from rank G to rank SSS with a total of 10 ranks all adventurers start at G rank with no exceptions unless you take an exam to prove your mettle. Adventurers may only take a tasks up to 1 rank above their own and must complete a varying amount of quests of higher ranks to increase rank. Subjugation quests start at F rank and escort quests start at E rank.

"The quest counter is over there, and once you've chosen a quest either bring it to a receptionist or if it's a repeatable mission you can just leave and accomplish it, any questions?"

"May I ask your name? and thank you for your time"

"My name is Val and it's just my job no thanks are necessary"

I wave to Val as I make my way to the quest board but not before noticing that Mae is starting to get a bit squirmy and before she can start crying I take her out of the cradleboard and figure she's probably due for a diaper change and feeding to which I ask Val "Is there a good location to feed her and changer her? Val"

"There are private rooms in the back if you would like to use on of those?" she stated looking at me in slight suprise

"thank you I'll be back in a bit" In about 20 minutes the little one is bright eyed, full, and clean. Walking back out into the hall I make my way to the quest board and I decide that going for the continuous quest on goblins will probably be fine seeming that I've been hunting them for the past however many months even despite my pregnancy much to Vivianne's chagrin. Simply put I only need to kill 25 goblins and I can rank up then I can take an escort quest and get out of this town and into a larger city and perhaps an area in which I can make my way to the beastkin continent while growing stronger on the way. however on my way out of the guild I was stopped by some rather vulgar looking men.

"So this is the supposed 'Queen' Mutt that piece of venison was talking about"

"Fox, and may you refrain from that phrase it's simply to vulgar for someone of nine tailed status"

"I don't care about the amount of tails you have all the dealers care about is the face"

"Whatever 'dealers' do you mean?" I stated whilst preparing some glass magic to hopefully tear their small brains from their skulls.

"Good sirs I suggest you move before you die!" yelled Val from behind the counter

"SO WHAT! guilds policy is to stay out of adventurers confl..." [Guillotines Glass]

Cutting him off before he could taint my child's ears more I sent a lv3 Glass magic spell which creates an ethereal sort of glass which beheads the sinful, and behead it did the owner of the head looking on in surprise whilst getting a third person view of his own body as it slumped to the ground bleeding profusely.

"Hmm was 300 mana worth it on this guy?" I said as the other two condemned drew their swords and charged. 

"Such an unbalanced party, you should really get a Mage... well anyways [Silver Lance]" I sent two lances at each target each made out of lunar mana with the help of multicast, due to this one of the men was impaled whilst the other lance simply phased through 'he must be truly righteous to avoid Lunar magic' lunar magic has a property in which depending on the sins committed by an individual it ranges from either the most deadly magic or the most harmless so in truth this young man has committed no vile acts so eliminating him would be against code. "you're a slave aren't you?" I asked the young man as he slowed his charge.

"How did you know?" he asked almost inaudibly

"Lunar magic affects the sinful but in the case of a slave who has no free will all sins are transferred to the owner, well anyways I must be on my way enjoy your freedom... Oh and if you don't mind could you clean this trash for me?" and with that I walked out of the guild and towards the gates to go on my first quest.

13