14: Betrothed (Scrapped End)
431 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The supposed guard captain guided us to a large room that for the most part was empty aside from a few servants and a some wealthy looking beastkin. The most prominent of the beastkin was a near 7 foot tall lionkin with a fairly simple crown atop his head who appears to be in his late 20s, while the rest of the group consisted of a Wolfkin woman who gave of the aura of an cool beauty, Next was a Red Deerkin man who was fairly handsome but seemed quite on edge, To the right of him stood a Dragon snakekin woman who looked quite fierce however she was really snuggling up to the deerkin 'Tsundere? probably', lastly stood a thin harpy eaglekin woman who was engorging herself with food and a Corurokin man who was reading a book. 'How do I know what race they are? Intuition... I think'

"Ahem!" the guard suddenly spoke "My lord I have brought the woman."

The lionkin hearing that turned around and spoke "you are dismissed." after which the guard left in a haste the lion then turned his attention to me and spoke.

"I am the current Beast lord, Constance Aur Bal, may I know your name?"

"very polite you are... I am Rin Inanis Moonfire current queen of the Moonfire Foxkin, Mae your turn"

"But Mama... I'm Mae"

"haa I guess it's good enough for now, but munchkin you're gonna have to remember what I told you to do when introducing yourself"

"yes..." Mae says in a small voice.

While the small conversation between mother and daughter was happening everyone in the room turned their attention to the pair with a shocked expression.

"Mama they're staring at us"

"Didn't I tell you our clan is supposed to be extinct"

Slowly coming back to himself the beast lord finally said "s-so you're the Queen of the Moonfire foxkin... Are you perhaps married to a red eight tailed Foxkin?"

Beast Lords POV

Immediately after I asked that question the woman before me became so furious that her spiritual tattoos became visible to the Mundane eye signifying her as a Demi-spirit.

"Who dares claim to be my husband without permission!? I will burn him alive! You house cat where is this man!?"

'Did she just call me a house cat? well there isn't much I can do in the presence of a demi-spirit without being seriously injured' "Uhh he should be getting here soon if you can wait?"

After I said that the Black fire emanating from the tattoos receded then the tattoos themselves followed after.

"The man calls himself Noel Vulcan Moonfire, and has claimed to be the king of the moonfire foxkin... but if I may inquire if you're not married then who is the little ones father?"

the princess scrunches her nose and says in a small voice "I don't have one"

'she definitely wants one that much is clear...'

"well I suppose it's better to say I'm the sole parent and she only exists cause her grandparents wanted a grandchild and therefore made me take an essence of fertility which got me pregnant, but I wouldn't trade her for the world so it worked out." after Rin said that the door opened and the man of the hour walked in.

Rin POV

"So you must be my supposed Husband? Are you prepared for punishment?" I said with the warmest customer service smile I could muster soon after the man kneeled with an astonished expression and started praying "Thank the glorious moon goddess for gifting me your beautiful daughter..."

Mae interrupted him "Since when did Moon Grandma gift you Mama!" when the man saw the little girl yelling at him he smiled quite warmly and said "Thank the glorious moon goddess for gifting me such a cute daughter"

My eye twitched a bit "Mae, can you get moon grandma to come see us for a bit?"

Mae immediately got very excited "yay Mama's gonna let me talk to grandma!" Mae then closes her eyes and almost immediately after doing so a silver moonlight envelopes her which slowly transforms into a black and white 1000 tailed Foxkin woman who starts hugging and rubbing her cheek on Mae's.

"Grandma Mama want's to talk to you for a bit" after the goddess descended everyone in the room aside from the 3 foxkin passed out probably due to shock.

The goddess turns her attention to the currently sulking me and says "what's the problem dearest daughter of mine" 

I upon hearing those word point to the still kneeling Noel "Why is he saying you gifted me to him?"

"Because I did."

"Come again?"

"Because I did."

Error 404 brain not found reload? yes...10%...30%...70%...90%...92%...95%...96%...100% reboot complete.

"MOM! what the hell! you didn't even ask me, when did this event occur!?"

"hmm when I made you drink the essence of fertility."

"But why!? Mae come here your grandma made a mistake and will not be forgiven until she fixes it."

"Okay..." before she could get away she was immediately scooped up by the overbearing goddess.

"w-wait let me explain! He's technically Mae's biological father!"

"Explain."

"when creating essence of fertility one requires sperm to add the effect that created Mae... and since I wanted a grandchild I tried to find the most upstanding gentleman and handsome man I could find so you wouldn't be to upset... but another effect of creating essence of fertility is that the man and woman are then bound to each other and cannot create more children with other people, so to compensate him I figured that betrothing you two would be the best option especially because you two make a good match!" said while looking desperate

"Did you discuss with Mum (Vivianne I'm using Mum for Vivianne and Mom for the Moon goddess)"

"I approved"

"god both of you are so meddlesome I'll forgive you, but I will not marry him until he proves himself worthy of my affection"

"w-well I have to get back to god things see ya" then she throws an apologetic glance at Noel and mouths 'good luck' and flashes away in a pillar of light.

Noel's eyes are alight with the flames of determination and whispers to himself "at least it wasn't outright rejection..."

Mae walks over to Noel while Rin isn't paying attention and whispers to him "I want a little brother so do your best daddy... oh and Mama likes Dark chocolate, and Orchids, but clothes aren't bad gifts either" Mae then scampers off after giving him a kiss on the cheek and pulls on her moms hand and signals her to watch the end of the tournament with the beast lord and company, leaving Noel to contemplate strategy as he takes a seat.


3 hours later the tournament ended and Tor came in 1st while Ben came in 2nd, and 3rd was some no name Snakekin, surprisingly Elise and Amelia didn't participate why because Elise and Ben decided that only one of them should have a risky job so that they can actually start a family, and Tor apparently couldn't wait and got Amelia pregnant before they got back to the beast continent so they got married as soon as they got back because she was already about 3 months pregnant but because of her pregnancy she didn't get to participate but she didn't seem to mad about it because all she was talking about was what it's like to be a mother, and of course I told her that Mae is the best thing that's ever happened to me 'Which I think earned me extra cuddle time' after the ceremony though we parted ways and I got called to where the beast lord is which brings us to now.

Currently Mae and I are having tea with the beast lord. "So what did you need Lord Constance?"

"Well currently the capital is housing all of your clan because once the Foxkin started awakening they started getting exiled because they were no longer part of their respective fox clans, so I need you to guide your people to your homeland."

"hmm so I need to get into the Moonlit isles correct? that much should be fairly easy."

The beast lord gives me an incredulous look "are you 100% certain, from what I've heard the fog causes people to be lead astray"

"Ohh that from what My mom told me it should be pretty easy because that fog is incapable of affecting my people, well if that's all I'll come back tomorrow and you can take me to them and we'll start our journey"

"Wait, what are you going to do to Noel if I may inquire?"

"hmm nothing, though until he proves he is worthy of my affection I will not marry him, even if it's my mothers wish, I'll be going now kitty"


It was requested so I'm giving y'all a cookie with some status sheets for the posse

Name: Mae Ceiri Moonfire Race: Spirit Moonfire Foxkin Age:Sex: F

Cultivation Level: Tier 1 - 374/10000 [xp 0/100 lv1] Technique: Moonlit muse's soulscript

Soulspace: Tier 1 [xp 0/500]

Hp: 75/75 +10/hour         Mp: 150/150 +10/min

Str: 13 Dex: 29 Con:  Defence: 7

Int: 45 Wis: 68 Cha: 100 Evasion: 6

Stat Points: 0  

General Skills:

Singing lv4, Mana manipulation lv2, Mana perception lv1, Bestial shape lv1, Composer lv3

Weapon Skills:

 

Magic Skills:

Moonlight Magic lv2, Song magic lv3, Night magic lv2

Titles:

Moon Caller, Child of the Void, Demi-spirit, Moonlit Muse, Moonfire Princess

Condition:

Healthy

[Moon Caller: One who can make the Moon cry, smile, and laugh with their voice alone; Effects: Greater skill in Lunar magic, Darkness magic and derivatives of the two, Bathing moonlight increases cultivation speed 3x; Bonus: May call upon the Moon for guidance]

[Child of the Void: one who is born of the void; grants extra cultivation points when absorbing monster cores]

[Demi-spirit: a being that is a product of the fusion or copulation of a spirit ,and another being; grants +50 mana*Cultivation tier as well as a permanent -25 health points ,and +25 mana]

[Moonlit Muse: One who could sing the moon to slumber; Effects: Increased acquisition of music related skills as well as increased skill growth]

[Moonfire Princess/Prince: Is a child of the current or previous Moonfire monarch; Effects: Increased skill growth]

Name: Socks Race: Unseelie Panther (8 Legged cat monster, also technically a fairy) Age:Sex: F

Level: 6/30 xp 70/6000

Hp: 1500/1500 +45/min         Mp: 500/500 +20/min

Str: 500 Dex: 300 Con: 200 Defence: 100

Int: 150 Wis: 200 Cha: 75 Evasion: 250

Stat Points: 0  

General Skills:

Stealth lv10, Shadow step lv4, Tracking lv6, mana manipulation lv3, mana perception lv2, Detection lv3

Weapon Skills:

Panther Claw lv7

Magic Skills:

Night Magic lv4

Titles:

Rin's Servant

Condition:

Healthy

Name: Vitri Race: Anima (Pegasi Aethiopici) Age:Sex: ?

Level: 2/30 xp 287/500

Hp: 2000/2000 +60/min         Mp: 500/500 +20/min

Str: 400 Dex: 200 Con: 250 Defence: 250

Int: 175 Wis: 200 Cha: 50 Evasion: 250

Stat Points: 0  

General Skills:

Mana control lv3, Mana sense lv2, Detection lv3

Weapon Skills:

 

Magic Skills:

Blizzard Magic lv3, Ash Magic lv8, Glass Magic lv8, Quake Magic lv5

Titles:

Rin's Servant

Condition:

Healthy

Y'all get 3 cookies and maybe a Buche de Noel later

10