2: Leaving the dungeon
205 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"H-HELP, PLEASE!"

Hmmm, that screech seemed distressed. Perhaps I should check it out, but I swear if it's another goblin I will fillet the thing alive!

[Mission given:

Find the source of the noise.

Time limit: 10 minutes

Reward: Permanent passive essence gathering(1 essence every week)]

Well, I suppose now I have an incentive, Let's go!

I ran off in the direction of the noise whilst activating [incorporeal].

~wack~

I then deactivate [incorporeal] and go around the tree while rubbing my now bruised forehead.

Around 4 minutes later I encountered a group of rough-looking men surrounding a young girl who looked around 14 years old.

[Sub-quest complete, rewards given

Continuation Mission given

Save the girl

Reward: A monster egg]

The man in the middle spoke up when I finished checking my quest details.

"Hahaha, to think such a pretty girl would go adventuring on her own, maybe us veterans should take care of her! hahaha"

Eww, he's like an adult goblin, big ears, big nose though he's white, not grey, I suppose I could call him a human but he's far too ugly to qualify, and frankly, I find his existence revolting.

Whilst the burning desire to purge the goblin-man was building, the other two men had grabbed hold of the crying girl.

The girl in all her garbled shouting has since noticed me and is looking at me with an aggrieved expression, Uh... what should I do, ah! the mission I'm supposed to save her.

I immediately target the middle man simply because his existence irks me and I want to get rid of him as soon as possible, he, however, notices my approach and quickly parries my hand.

Girl PoV

I noticed the woman that came out of the forest almost immediately.

The woman for one wasn't human she appeared to be a deep elf, which for me is bad luck.

Deep elves barely involve themselves with the other races, us humans only know they exist because members of the pan elven council insist they exist, despite one not being seen for the last 3000 years, even the elven council was unsure they were still alive but I at least know from history what deep elves are. They're nomadic, however, they live underground in a land called the 'Hollow' they are characterized to have deep blue hair, grey skin, and large eyes, it is also said that they don't speak common or even under common they instead are said to speak an ancient dialect of elven. The unfortunate fact for me as she will likely be unable to understand the meaning of my shouts.

But imagine my surprise when she charges directly towards the leader of the group and attacks.

The leader parried her attack but for some odd reason, his sword went directly through her hand while her hand continued forward to pierce his throat, his body then horrifyingly turned into meat paste and was absorbed into her body.

the two men holding me immediately let go and start shouting about how she was 'a bitch' or how 'she killed their boss and how they were gonna play with her' after beating her up, though she just tilted her head and shrugged her shoulders not bothering to make sense of their blabbering.

This gesture made the men furious as they took it as 'she wasn't giving them any respect' or something of that aspect, they then charged at her, to which she responded by MORPHING HER HANDS INTO SWORDS! which then proceeded to shatter the two's rusty iron swords and embedding themselves into their hearts.

The bandits then similarly to their leader turned into meat paste and too were absorbed.

Rin PoV

[Essence absorbed 30; 60/70]

They were higher level than those goblins I should have gotten more essence right? Well, I'll try not to think about it too hard.

Ah! the girl! I almost forgot about her. When I turned to look, her face was going through a series of emotions, but mostly shock.

"are you okay?" Not wanting to frighten her I spoke softly... only to receive a confused look

"I can't understand you" she spoke while shaking her head

Ah! I guess she can't speak my language, nor I hers.

hmm, odd I thought I was speaking human? System how can I learn her language?

[Based on most sources, spending around 6 months immersing yourself in a language can result in semi-fluency over a language]

Wait but you can't help me at all? you already inputted stuff in my brain how hard could it be?

[Host's Specie set allows for 1 base language chosen from Ter'Alven or Dji based on genetic dominance Ter'Alven was chosen; all other languages have to be learned]

Sigh

So I suppose hand signals will have to do.

I point at myself and say "Rin"

The girl nods and points to herself "Maria" she then points at me and says "Rin"

I nod and gesture in a way to signify both of us walking, and she nods and I continue by making a box around myself, then opening a door and walking out, I then gesture to the forest around us.

She sits confused for a bit before gradually enlightening herself. 'Ah! she wants to go to the exit'

Maria nods and stands. She then grabs my wrist with a smile and rushes off in a direction.

In a surprisingly short amount of time, we arrive at a staircase going upwards.

Maria still holding my wrist dashes up the stairs and soon we arrive at the surface.

Sorry about the lack of upload, it's been really busy with school for the past while and I didn't really get an opportunity to write until recently. Hopefully, I'll be able to put out some more content in the next few weeks.

8