Chapter 10: May Merigold, Daywalker
327 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Way heftier sexual things are said in this one, (No actual sex, but stuff about it is mentioned.) BDSM and Shibari are mentioned and talked about.

Something irritating happened after the interview event. I came back home after heroing a bit, and those fuckers actually tried again. They got Jen this time. I walked out of the house immediately and moved at superspeed through the city, eventually finding some group trying to haul someone with a rather stormy aura about them. They were on the outskirts of town. Her clouds were extended really far around her.

'Mother FUCKER! I feel like eating everyone here and taking their damn families for fucking ransome I am going to fucking destroy everyone related to this fucking yelmorn bag of cunts I am about to fucking rip everything to shreds.' My forethoughts get dominated by rage.

Jen lifts one hand, probably sensing me through her clouds, telling me to stop, she then does something she has never done before. Lightning summoned from the sky falls, slamming straight into the four trying to constrain her. Needless to say they come very close to death, they almost got off worse, honestly, I would’ve bitten them all over in my combat form for this. And that would look and feel like getting shot full of holes that heal at a fast rate.

I walk up to her and pull off the bag on her head.

“Good, it was getting a pain in the ass waiting for you. I probably won’t be able to move after that, I did just summon lightning from nowhere.” Jen smirks at me from her position laying on the ground.

“I swear to fucking god if that woman…” I am saying this to the sky as I hear wing flaps. Luckily it wasn’t sunshit. They fell in front of me as I’m carrying Jen. “Yo, might want to carry those assholes to somewhere they’ll get taken care of. They tried to kidnap this woman, that bag was on her head, and as soon as I got within range she struck them with lightning. I’m too irritated right now to deal with them without getting a bit excessive.”

“Excessive?” Lady tilts her head.

“I am a vampire, parts of my disposition make me not such a good hero when angry.” I point to my fangs “These get very thirsty when I’m pissed, and they hurt people when they’re like this.” Currently I’m in a state I have dubbed, cold and very scary. I could probably kill them and their entire families without feeling anything right now. I'd feel something later, but definitely not now.

“Ah, got it. And what are you going to do with that woman?” Good idea, question the woman who just said that her fangs are itchy.

“I’m a friend of hers when I’m not a hero. I know where she lives.”

“Okay.” She sounds disbelieving, but not enough to try and stop me.

“Be careful, newbie, these people did manage to kidnap someone with a dress made from storms.” I pick up Jen and slowly stand.

“Yeesh, where do they get that determination from?” The angel woman smiles slightly.

“Money, probably. Not my problem now, though. Call an ambulance and the police, tell them what happened.”

I shifted Jen to a princess carry and started moving at super speed again, getting home in a near instant. Gods I am tired.

I walk in, closing the door behind me and locking it. At least they had the decency to pick it rather than busting up our door frame.


On this episode of irritation bingo, after Jen finally got healed, since she did fight back and they broke a leg, who shows up at my house buuuut...

A man knocks on the door, several hard knocks too. probably an irritated someone-or-other. I walk to it since Jen is asleep.

"Hello?" I say, still rubbing the tired out of my eyes, Jen was rather... aggressive. I open them to see a person I kinda always wanted to see after I found out I had super strength and healed from damage. and he decided to track me down, oh, tis a fine day for me indeed! He also showed up with several armed to the teeth men. Interesting tactic.

"Hello, son" he practically spat those words at me. Mmm tasty rage. I was wearing my mask as I always do when I find something suspicious, since some asshole posted footage of me walking into this home.

My veins run cold. Or hot. It feels very strange having your blood suddenly turn black and your skin fade to white. I take off my mask to unveil my terrifying eyes. unfurling my wings at the same time so I don't end up making the sperm donor horny instead of terrified. Yes, we found out a rather reliable way that my eyes do indeed entrance people when not in combat form, and scare people when I'm in combat form.

"Goodbye, Father" I slammed the door in his face. Not taking the chance of someone seeing me maul a man to death with my bare hands, I close the door, lock it, and press my body against it. A gunshot is fired into it and it passes straight through me. "I just got this new underwear and you are already trying to rip it up? Really!? I mean-" I clear my throat "Oh no, you shot me, I'm sooo hurt." I mean, sure, that did hurt quite a bit, but it's not like I can give them the satisfaction of actually hurting me, right? Plus my skin turning like this seems to deaden my nerves.

I hear what sounds like a mans best impression of a little girl scream, so I roll my eyes, look across at my girlfriend, who woke up from the noise and is standing at the ready, her storm dress in full force. So I open the door again and am immediately met with the shoulder of my father. he hits my abs with his shoulder, barely putting a dent in me. I feel pretty sluggish today so I'd rather not deal with this. Someone among them, I think they're talking through a walkie talkie, says.

"She's resisting really heavily sir! I don't think we can handle her." 

I'm resisting something? I thought it was lack of stamina because of Jen. I roll my shoulders and a panicked noise escapes the walkie. "Aww, you guys are really cute. y'know? Thinking I'll let you do whatever. Trying to break into my home, constantly putting new holes in my door, almost kidnapping my girlfriend, and now you bring me a peace offering in the form of my dear... old... physically crippled, racist, fascist, literally anything that isn't straight and white -ist. Like damn, dudes you're all something else. However, sadly, as a hero, I cannot stand for a breaking & entering, so... Y'know the drill." A couple of them shot me while I was talking, but I paid it no mind and just let my healing take care of it. I start the slow motion perception that accompanies moving at super speed.

"Maybe I should spray paint a dick on the side of their getaway? Hmm... nah, too childish." I look at the tools at my disposal that are labelled 'if home gets broken into again' I grab the bag of zipties, the rope, and the ductape and stash them near the door, From the looks of it they haven't even had time to process that I had moved at all. I then moved back and grabbed something I intended to humiliate someone with if they really pissed me off. and, well, one of the people in that group was a source of trauma, therefore, I have to do it to em'.

I do my standard disarming procedure, except this time I give zero time to fight back and just straight up start yanking their guns out of their hands while slightly warping the metal, placing the guns on the coffee table when my hands were full. then they all started going for sidearms, which is fine by me, since I can just do the same thing before their hands can grab them, I manage to get the last one just as his hand was touching the holster.

Yes, I did give them some time to fight back on purpose those first times, leave me alone, I like fighting to an extent still.

"Okay boys, now don't struggle or I'm afraid this is gonna get rough." I say that out of superspeed and then start moving again, ductaping their hands and feet together, except for my dad, who I left alone while I duct taped, zip tied, and finally, tied all of their hands and feet behind their backs. Oh, and I duct taped their mouths shut. Finally I pick them up two at a time and leave them in the living room to languish in the situation they put themselves in.

"Hello again Father" I said outside of super speed, grabbing the embarrassment tools I left by the door.

***

I got dressed and walked in, staring at my dad along with Jen, we turn away from the hilarious image of my father hanging from the ceiling with red rope tying him there when Unbowed and Nel walk in through the rip in space yet again. Nel gives a friendly wave and then notices the tied up man on the ceiling.

"New kink?"

"Ew. That's my dad, and no. Though it would be amusing if he developes one from this, I plan on burning anything he touches after he leaves. Might end up burning him, too. Dunno yet" I emptily threaten. I did take a few pics to spread around the internet though.

"Why exactly did you tie him up if he is your father?" A tone of worry betrays Unboweds title.

"Ahm, he was a supermassive blackhole of pain and suffering for me, at least when I was a teen, nowadays he gives off the same vibe as some villains that constantly make retarded decisions. I just did this because he teamed up with those jack asses in the corner there. Figured he deserved a bit extra treatment. Couldn't find anything other than extra guns and a few extra goons in the van this time though. This time I kinda wanted to talk to Nel more after you toss these guys out."

"I'll help you get the van to a new location. We can assume they are being much more careful than standard nowadays." Nel had become friends with Jen at some point, but that's her story to explain.

***

We move everything out that could point Yelmorn back here and I think we tossed the van into the ocean somewhere. The air through the portal smelled salty.

I kept the bullets and guns after we made sure that there were no electronics left inside. 

Unbowed tilted his head at my adamancy to keep them. "They make good material. I have no remorse for the pocket money that they used to buy them."

"Oh, I have no problem with that, I just found it strange that you got used to this so fast. you even managed to dismantle the pistols like a professional."

"It's happened a few times already, remember?"

"Fair enough, but even after a few times, your father showing up would probably make anyone become shocked enough that they would be stunned for a second."

"I have a strange amount of space in my imagination, multiple scenes happen at once when I want them to. I could imagine him showing up with these types, therefore I mentally prepped for it, and accidentally physically did too."

For a while I was researching shibari and bdsm stuff for... various reasons, and bought the stuff for it, look, it was a just-in-case scenario. I'm not specifically saying that Jen was getting more feisty, but I'm not not saying it. Turns out, neither of us were ready for that kind of thing, she watched something like that, and while she did find it to be great 'entertainment' both she and I were not into being either end of that kind of thing.

Either way being able to tie villains up much faster was nice so I started practicing it for a while. I got pretty good, so when I say we made a chan-dad-lier I mean it. Oh and the other embarrassment item was a ball-gag. I bought that one because of a nightmare I had where someone was like... immune to ductape on the mouth. I dunno, dreams are weird sometimes.

So yeah, my bdsm-d up fully clothed dad is hanging from my ceiling and I am currently contemplating on what to do about him.

"Should I just release him? He might cause trouble for literally everyone if I just do that though... And despite my very real urge to drain him, I cannot think of a good way to deal with this..."

Unbowed gives his opinion. "I believe he is traumatized enough that he wont mess with you anymore, but I guess since you are a hero you probably have a stronger moral compass than I about this kind of thing."

"Yeah, under any other circumstance I would definitely agree with you, Unbowed, but sadly my brain wishes to care about- Ah, I got an idea." An idea interrupts my rambling sarcasm.

My wing reaches up and slices the rope down with the claw, letting the man fall on his face. I then picked up the end and walked out the door. "Jen, I'm gonna have to ask you to talk to Nel." Jen nods as I take off. Carrying dear old dad with me.

***

I walk into the police station, my Shibari upped dad hanging over one shoulder. Ignoring the stares I regularly got when I needed to walk in here before, I grab the ropes tighter and hold him up. "Breaking and entering, assault with a deadly weapon, and battery. I'm sick of these people breaking into my home." I toss him to the ground like discarded garbage and walk back out, one warning was said during the flight here. "There won't be a next time."

***

The flight back was easy, and the next day we moved up north, specifically to new york's rural-ish area, why? well... I got in another fight for my stunt at the police station, with Conceited Cunt or Seraph, as you know her. So I said fuckit, and quit being an active hero for a while, until, of course, the third emergence happened and I decided to move out and help bring stuff back under control, and that was when people found out that the Daywalker had changed location. I had an interview where I said that I quit hero-ing because of an argument I had with a fellow hero.

***

"So, you say you decided to return to normal hero work because of the recent emergence. Does that mean you work with the OMR this time around?"

"Yes. Since I retired due to a certain incident with another hero along with the near-constant break-ins, I would like to think that after the Yelmorn incident that they will be able to assist me if this happens again. Plus, I am very interested in certain parts of it." I adjust my mask a bit, not having it made by me feels very strange, but it still has the same look as my old one, intimidating, but blocks my eyes from other people's sight.

"Why did you move up here?"

"Easier access to facilities, less chance of a heatwave that makes me need to take a break, and less people shooting me while I fly."

"Very practical."

"Plus the people here are soo much more my speed. Much less subtle pissed-offedness, more blunt sarcasm please." I put my arms out in a joking manner and then pulled them back. At some point my fighting personality and my normal personality blended together, which I'm happy about. I dunno. It's fun.

"I see. Well, there are a few more questions from your fans."

"Bring it on." I jokingly put on a serious face behind the mask, laughing it off when I start smiling again. Damn, I really missed hero work. Or maybe I like interviews. Nah, beating up bad dudes is fun.

"Is Merigold as competent as she looks on camera?"

"According to herself, she is way less competent, but I tend to disagree, she does get very feisty sometimes though." People found out who I was with when Jen, out of slight irritation and jealousy, made a video with me in my Daywalker mode. And since she underestimated her fans gaydars they all basically came to the same conclusion and we were effectively outed.

"Someone else asks: So you're saying she is the butch?"

"I'm not not saying it."

"Were there any more reasons for you to be upset with living in Texas?"

"Particular people there knew me even before MMA, I would rather not talk to them, though."

"And, finally, since this will probably take the rest of the show, what is your story during the first emergence?"

"Well, I was trying to fall asleep in a George Bush Intercontinental terminal when I heard a very loud noise and all I could see around me was white..."

This was an amazingly fun thing to write, but sadly, I believe there is nothing more for me to write about, I definitely could squeeze out more stuff, but that would be reaching, so this is where May's story ends. For now. I have zero idea, maybe if I read something and get a really strong urge to write her again I will, so if you're in the future and there are still more chapters, this is a good place to stop for a bit. Sorry for taking so long with it, but I was busy coming up with other things to add to my plate because I'm kinda dumb not gonna lie.

10