Extra Scenes (Because I Imagined Them Afterwards)
258 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-May Gets Her Identity Resolved-

Sometime after the third emergence, I decided to get my identity merged with my current one. After getting permission from Jen to use her last name, I went over to the OMR offices.

I walk in with one of my t-shirts with wing holes sewn in the back and sunglasses on. I walk over to the counter that should be dealing with the whole 'emerged identity' thing and someone greets me "Pretty late. Everyone else already decided to get it done. Follow me." a woman with elven ears greets me with a tired look. With that said she got up and started walking to a door that leads into a brick corridor, then into a room. It's designed to look like an office and there seems to be a metal plate taking up space on the floor.

"Stand on the metal plate, please. It helps with controlling powers and has small measures in case you have powers that might break something."

I stood on the plate and she started with "Legal name?"

"Shit I'm glad I took my ID with me... It's..." I took my ID out and read off the name. No I'm not telling what my legal name is.

"Wait a minute, since when were you emerged? If you seem to have forgotten your legal name..."

"I was a first emerged. I managed to hide out and avoid all of that nonsense."

"Alright, so you were very late." she pulls something up on her tablet and looks up afterwards. "So you seemed to have an extreme change, too... Verifying that this is actually you is going to be a pain." She scratches her head. "Where were you the night of the first emergence?"

"An airport terminal, george bush intercontinental. I was trying to head back to the UK, but then this whole shtick happened." She squints at me and then moves on.

"We'll check that on our end, any powers to declare? I assume you have had enough time to check."

"Yep. I have 4 forms. I can immediately dry something out by putting my canine into it and sucking whatever liquid is in there into myself, I have super speed, super strength, my eyes either intimidate and scare people or seduce people depending on my form, and I can fly." I list off all of my powers that I know of.

"Okaaaay? so no magical anomalies?" she tilts her head.

"None that I know of. Oh right, accelerated healing, too." Forgot about that one.

"Wait. What? Are you a vampire?" she rather astutely surmises.

I remove my sunglasses and smile to show off one of my fangs. "Me and my wife think that's what it turned me into, yeah."

"Hm, okay, so can you show any of those forms to me right here?"

"All of them, actually." I grab my mask out of my purse. "Though I will be wearing this when my face has the terror effect."

"Wait, I know that mask. Are you a fan of hers?" She asks. Seriously, how has she not figured it out yet, white hair, beastly mask, multi forms, vampire... Probably tired from dealing with so many people.

"Sure." I then activated bloodlust mode "This is what happens when I get thirsty or angry. My eyes seduce people when they're like this, for whatever reason. Probably so I can sneak them somewhere." I deactivated it. We figured out that when I'm enraged and bloodlust mode activates I can actually deactivate it by doing deep breathing exercises.

"So you can control that form? Interesting." She stares on.

I activate my wings by rolling my shoulders "This is fight mode, it enhances some of my vampiric abilities and traits, like elongating my fangs and stuff, my bites normally feel like a gentle bite or something sexual like that, and in this mode it feels like two murder hornet stings really close together. oh right, my bites also heal over with no scars, and when I have affection for the target it seems to heal external injuries as well."

"Affection?" she raises an eyebrow.

"Bit my wife once or twice, ended up healing some of the cuts you get in the kitchen accidentally, stuff like that." Really don't feel like elaborating more than that.

"Ah, okay." she seems to take the hint. "I take it this is one of the forms you can fly in?" she gestures to the wings on my back.

"Yep. And finally..." I put the mask on and activate bloodlust mode a slow heartbeat turning to no noise at all in my ears notifies me that I changed fully. "This is hero mode. Daywalker, nice to meet you." I give her a joking greeting and smile lightly under my mask. "I totally forgot to get my identity reinstated so I came in today to do that. I trust that you'll properly keep my secret?"

"I am not allowed to keep it secret from my superiors, but other than that I do not mind. I will also be noting your identity as the Daywalker in your second identity's profile. It doesn't really need to be a secret from the OMR or the government, right?"

I scratch my head slightly and tilt it. Hmn. I see no reason to keep it secret. plus this way I doubt the government will try and touch a public figure for selfish ends. Even if they somehow managed to hold me it would absolutely destroy any chance of peace with the emerged, and considering my wife's position she would definitely spread it around, or call unbowed and he would start spreading it.

"Yeah, screw it. I'll send any government goons packing if they show up. other than that I think OMR is pretty good." I shrug "Not like I can ask you to keep it secret now that you've seen it."

"Very true. Okay... well, you'll probably be placed at rank 5. Now that that's over, change back and we'll get the rest done." She sighs, clearly tired of dealing with people from what I can tell. Or just me, I can probably be pretty exhausting.

I retract my wings and stop bloodlust mode, then I take off my mask and place it in my bag.

"What's the name you wish to go by now?" she raises an eyebrow.

"May Merigold." I say with zero hesitation.

"No middle name?" she tilts her head slightly. Hasn't she heard the saying 'don't show a vampire your neck?' I laugh internally at my own joke.

"If I need one I can come up with one, buuuut..."

"It's easier on the system if you have the same amount of names as the original identity."

'Ugh, fine.' I chuckle slightly after remembering a dumb trope from cartoons.

"Walker."

"So May Walker Merigold?" I nod "Pff. Okay. When we've gotten it all sorted out and your identity is confirmed we'll have papers for you. Would you like them mailed or would you want them for pick up?"

"Pick up." I say after thinking for a minute, someone was just out to get me until a little bit ago.

"Got it. Now we need an email or phone number, preferably both." We got the rest done without any abnormalities and I changed into my super outfit after getting to a rooftop, unwinding using my hero work.

This is where I will be putting scenes that I don't feel deserve an extra chapter.

10