The Manager Seeks Aid
116 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Juuto had to be careful not to arise suspicion from Marie. Right now, Asaga was going to be his hidden trick that could land him an edge in this situation. As it would appear that woman was only looking at Rame and Mifuru. Meanwhile, she had never met Asaga, who was also another person from Enatis. This would give him a chance to formulate a plan with someone who could understand the situation.

As much as he would’ve been fine with also getting Akitomo’s help. Without that boy’s magic, they may not stand a chance against someone who seemingly still had their full powers. Even with those problems, he’d probably go to him and ask anyway.

The best option of meeting with Asaga while avoiding her appeared to be the man’s workplace. That would get him as far away as possible from that woman without her knowing where he could’ve gone. The timing was good for him as well, since his last lunch meeting was right before he knew the man would be taking his break. So when he arrived, the target was standing right where he needed him to be.

“Oh hey.” Asaga greeted him the moment he saw him. “Funny seeing you here, just dropping by?”

“Look.” He glanced back and forth to make sure their conversation wasn’t being listened on. “I’ve got something important to tell you...” He laid out everything that had happened in the last week for him. Not a single detail was lost, not even the suspicion that Rame had on him. If things kept continuing on like this, violence was soon to follow.

“That does sound like a huge problem.” Asaga commented upon hearing the story. He fully believed it, since the man had always been honest to him. “I’m guessing ya came to me because you think I can help?

“Right, I don’t want Rame or Mifuru to know. Because I’ve already been threatened with bad things if I tell them.” Marie made sure to remind him that every time they talked. So he seemed to be backed into a corner without much help. That was when he remembered about Asaga’s own history in Enatis. Surely he might have some plan.

“Sadly, the description of the lady ya told me about doesn’t ring any bells.” Asaga wasn’t a person that knew every single individual of status on Enatis. He was content with sticking on his farm, living a simple life. “Have ya tried talking with Akitomo?”

“I was planning to after you.” Admittedly, it didn’t seem right to go to get help from someone that had tried to kill him just one month prior. Not to mention he was now far weaker than all of them without his powers that Rame sealed. He was a young boy that could barely live on his own, much less win in a fist fight.

However, even with his own apprehension about that boy. It wasn’t that long ago when the man standing before him had his own score to settle. “Still, that woman is on the side against Rame. When it comes down to it, who are you going to side with?”

“If I had to choose…” He thought about it for a little while before coming to a decision. “I’ll take yer guy’s side.” It took a while to reach that conclusion, but the answer was simple when he really thought about it. “I’ve fought alongside her before and she can be a pretty decent gal when she wants to be. But… I’m not sure I can ever forgive her for what’s she’s done in the past.”

“I understand.” As long as that man was an ally for now, Juuto would accept his help.

“What are you doing out here?” Another person joined the conversation. With his high tension of avoiding others listening in on them, Juuto froze in fear. “Shouldn’t you be back at work?” It was a woman that he had never seen before. She had well kept hair, flowing down past her shoulders. It was neatly cut above her round glasses. Her outfit was a plain blouse with her pencil skirt. Though she wasn’t something he’d expect to see at a warehouse.

“Uh, miss.” Asaga spoke with fear as he addressed the woman. He stood up straight as he talked with her. “I-I still got a couple minutes before I clock back in.”

“Judging from you talking with your friend, I doubt you would’ve realized it before it was too late.” She wasn’t impressed with his response. “Now go get ready.”

“Y-yes ma’am.” He gave her a salute and rushed back inside. This was one strict woman that drove fear in her workers. It scared Juuto, and he didn’t even work here.

“And who are you?” She turned her cold stare at him. It sent shivers down his spine as he prepared to respond.

“I-I’m Juuto Sakai.” He gave a respectful bow with the introduction. “I’m just a friend to Asaga.” She didn’t say anything at first. Instead, she scanned him from head to toe before uttering a word.

“Hitana Miyanjima.” She sharply and plainly gave her name. “I’m the manager of the warehouse division of this company.”

“You’re a manager too? I’m the manager of the local branch for the 8-Twelve convenience store. It’s just a couple blocks from here.” He tried to use their common position to gain a little bit of a positive response. However, all that did was make her like him less.

“Such a pitiful job.” She told him, arms crossed. “No wonder you have no respect for my workers.”

“What?” That wasn’t the response he was hoping for. If anything, he had made things worse between the two.

“I’m sure that it’s all fun and games when you’re running your store, but I’ve a schedule to keep up.” She abruptly turned and began to walk away from him. “Please, don’t distract any of my employees in the future.”

“I… Won’t.” He was nearly at a loss for words as she left him. This woman really was something else, but was far from the most important thing right now.

Juuto left the warehouse to head to his next location. Which would be the apartment unit that Akitomo called home. Well, it was where Merlin called home since that boy wanted to be referred to by his real name while in there. It was a little silly, but he couldn’t blame the boy for wanting to keep a bit of his former glory.

However, his trip would be cut short as he walked by an alleyway. In a flash, someone grabbed him, covering over his mouth to prevent any attempts of calling for help. Did Marie find out already? No, this person was smaller than him. They also used a towel with an odd odor that weakened him, but wasn’t enough to knock him out.

Even if he wasn’t knocked out, Juuto had been caught by surprise. Still, he wasn’t going go out without a fight. Using a move he learned back in school, he overpowered his attacker and swung their body over his. He slammed the assailant’s body to the ground. He was about to land a brutal punch to the man’s face when he suddenly stopped. Juuto couldn’t believe the who it was that attacked him.

“Akitomo!?”

6