The Devil Doesn’t Have Many Allies
29 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“All right everyone.” With what she viewed to be a crisis situation, it was no surprise that the devil would rally the troops on this. “So, when we meet her, we’re all going to hate her.”

“Um, question.” Marie raised her hand up. “Why exactly do you think we’ll do what you tell us to do?” It was a good point, though then that would raise another question as to why someone like her or Akitomo came along despite disliking the girl.

“Yeah, and why should we be enemies with your enemies?” Akitomo followed up. “If anything, the two of us should be on that woman’s side, if she’s even someone from Enatis.

“I suppose we’ll just have to met that woman.” Unfortunately for Asaga, he was stuck in the middle of these two sides. Even though he was cool with Rame after what they had been through, he couldn’t really argue against the people he trusted to take out said demon lord when he was just a mere farmer. “Whoever she is, I’ll certainly be ready to take care of her if something goes wrong.”

Funnily enough, despite easily being weaker than the entire group here. After getting Akitomo’s powers sealed, and stealing away Marie’s glove, along with Rame being limited due to this world’s odd effects on magic. He was actually stronger than most, other than Mifuru.

“Great…” Akitomo spoke with sarcasm. “Of course we have to hinge our fates on a mutt and a hick.” He was not happy to being taken care of by people. It made the boy feel like he was being treated as a child, even if he kind of was regardless of whether he was on Earth, or Enatis.

As their meeting went on, there was a knock on the door. This signaled not only Juuto’s arrival, but also that of the lady they were more focused on.

“Hello.” The man greeted them as Mifuru opened the door. He was a bit more upbeat than usual, no doubt due to talking to Migane for a bit on their way here. “Everyone, I’d like you to meet Migane.” Already, he was on a first name basis with her.

“Hello.” She smiled and waved at them as the pair went inside. The woman appeared to be quite nice, and already she had captured some of the group’s attention. Specifically the guys.

“It’s nice to be meeting ya.” Asaga gave her a nice firm handshake the moment he was able to. “Seems that Juuto’s quite a lucky fella here.” Meanwhile, Akitomo was a bit too enamored to even properly speak to her.

“Oh, hello.” She was a bit surprised to see such a young boy staring up at her. “You must be that lady’s son, right?” Migane pointed over at Marie, assuming they must be together given that it would otherwise be weird for a boy to just be hanging out with a bunch of adult otherwise.

“I am not old!” Of course, Marie took offense to that insinuation that she’d be old enough to even have a kid. The age difference between her and that boy wasn’t that large at all.

“A lot of people make that mistake.” Said Akitomo. “But I’ll have you know I’m way more mature than everyone else here.” He puffed up his chest, trying to showoff as if trying to steal this woman from Juuto.

“Well?” Juuto quietly talked to Rame as everyone was conversing with the new girl. “It seems she’s not someone from Enatis.”

“Well, maybe it’s just because we don’t know every single person from there.” She countered, a bit upset with his smug look at her. To be fair to her, the demon’s don’t really know any of the humans of Enatis, and Asaga was a farmer no one otherwise cared about.

Though that certainly didn’t stop some of the group from liking her a lot. That mainly was just Akitomo and Asaga though. Mifuru always stood by her leader’s choices, so she was still suspicious of the woman. Then there was Marie, who despite before disagreeing with Rame, seemed to have changed her tune.

“I don’t like that woman.” She muttered as she sat away from the others. “What’s so special about her anyway?” Marie’s eyes were specifically aimed towards her young ally. He was a bit too excited to be hanging around her.

“Anyway, everyone.” After some time passed, Juuto decided it was time for him to leave with his newfound friend. “It’s getting late, and I promised her that we could check out some places.” Given his mood, it seemed that meeting Migane has also made him a bit happier. Probably because it was nice to have a normal human friend who was from Earth. Or maybe… Something more?

“It was nice meeting you all.” She waved them goodbye, and the pair left the apartment unit. Now it was only those of Enatis still remaining.

“I didn’t sense any danger from her.” Said Asaga, making his assessment. “I think we can afford to trust her.” He certainly trusted where his eyes happened to wander towards while chatting with her.

“For once, I agree with the commoner.” Said Akitomo. “Even if the demon lord was wrong, at least going to this meeting wasn’t a complete waste of my time.”

“I would agree that it wasn’t a waste of time.” Marie agreed, but not for the same reasons. “But, I think I’ll be keeping a closer eye on that woman.” Even though it was a short meeting, she already knew not to trust Migane. “And so you don’t get yourself in trouble. I’ll be keeping watch on you too.”

“You’re not my mom.”

“Anyway, I believe we should now get to our planning on what to do now.” Mifuru suggested. Though unfortunately it wasn’t going to be at full strength.

“Sorry, as much as I’d like to stay. I gotta get to work.” Said Asaga. His boss is one who got really upset if he was late by a minute, so he really didn’t want to stay much longer.

“And I don’t believe we need to worry.” Since they can’t force Akitomo to hang around, he also chose to leave. Though it wasn’t as if he’d be far, considering he lived right below the demon lord’s unit. “So I’ll be returning home to continue my task of keeping you in check.”

“I’m surprised you’re on my side.” Said Rame after the girls were left alone. “Did you notice something wrong with her?”

“A woman getting the attention of a teenage boy? How can you trust someone like that?” Her reasoning was moronic, and completely under the influence of emotion rather than any sense of logic.

“I worry that you two aren’t thinking straight.” Said Mifuru. While she trusted her demon leader, she was less inclined to hold back when it involved a former enemy she did battle against. To her, it seemed Marie’s concern for her comrade in Akitomo might be crossing over to something a bit more immoral. “That said, I do not trust her either. I think it’s strange how easily Juuto has decided to befriend her.”

“What are you talking about?” Asked Rame. Of course, it did require a bit of explanation for her. And to be fair, that was only because in her position, she didn’t see how he normally interacted with others.

As Mifuru had deduced, he seemed to normally keep to himself. Whether due to shyness, or preferring solitude, it was not known to her. However, it was clear considering his only friends outside of this group just so happened to either be an old high school friend, and people he ran into often because of the store he ran. So basically, the idea of him just meeting a random stranger and just hitting it off was foreign.

“So that was why you were so quiet.” Marie commented after hearing her explanation. It did show why she didn’t speak to the woman, instead choosing to stay quiet and stare at her to study. “I’ll admit I don’t know Juuto that well, so I’ll just have to trust you demons.” Not that she wanted to, but it was pretty clear those two wanted to keep him safe no matter what. So they weren’t going to lie to her now.

“You know, it might be worth getting to know him.” Rame responded, a bit annoyed at the lack of care they had for Juuto. They already threatened to hurt him, even though he was innocent. “He’s actually a good guy.”

“Did you ever think that when your armies ravaged our world?” She countered as the pair engaged in an angry staring contest. Despite agreeing that Migane would spell trouble for them, this was still an uneasy alliance.

2