Part 9: Gibberish
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I laid on my back. My eyes heavy, my lips shut tight. It had only been a couple of minutes, hadn't it? Chris told me to stay there, not to move, and he walked out the door. It was almost seconds later that I felt as if I was sinking into the satin sheets. Sinking... slowly as if I was in a pool of water upon my back. Drowning. But not attempting to come back up for air.

So I lay on these soft sheets. I becoming one with them, or they becoming one with me. I did not know.

I thought I twitched my fingers. But they didn't move. I couldn't move. I thought I opened my lips and made a strange whining sound. But nothing came out. I couldn't speak.

What the hell was happening?

I could think, couldn't I? Thinking, though a little cluttered, came to me. Though I felt as if I was spinning now in the pool of water. Like someone twirled the water around a drain. My thoughts, images, what I saw in front of me... spinning.

Suddenly, I heard the door creak. Fingers spread out along the wood door as it opened. And his face appeared again.

I tried to open my eyes further. Tried but failed. No energy.

“How are you feeling now?” Chris's voice echoed out to me.

I managed a smile.

“Sure, you feel pretty good. Don't you?” He chuckled.

I heard his footsteps approach like banging drums in an enclosed arena. Too loud for my sensitive ears.

“Do you welcome such feeling?” His voice came louder as he drew closer. “Dead yet so much alive that you can sense everything much more than before. Say hello to my newest creation.”

He stood at the side of the bed now, his legs almost touching my feet as they hung off the mattress. His voice so loud as if he was shouting. I couldn't look at him.

“Something too precious to sell on the street. Yet, this concoction doesn't contain my blood so be thankful for that.” He continued, lowering his voice to a whisper. I could still hear him all too clearly. “I wouldn't force this upon just anyone you know, but you... oh you are just too invaluable to me. I couldn't have you disobey, Mikael.”

I heard him loud and clear. But if I was so special, why poison me? Why this torture?

I felt his fingers upon my leg. I tried to twitch, to squirm away but I couldn't move. His fingers, like a hammer, moved up to my knee and he held them there.

“How does that feel?” He questioned. “You know, it would be quite easy for me to do what I please with you now.”

I kept my eyes focused on the door, my head turned from him. The sinking feeling was fading quick, but his hand now moving slowly up my thigh felt heavy. I wanted to cry out 'STOP' but I couldn't move my lips.

I noted the bed move as he bent his knee on the mattress to lean over me.

“I was foolish, Mikael. When I had found out about your connection with Lucious, I should have stepped in sooner. I should have,” his face was close. Close enough to touch. “followed in her footsteps. You know she had the right idea, she just didn't execute it in the correct fashion.”

He spoke of Serena. I knew this. A sigh escaped my lungs. All his words sounded like gibberish to me.

“I couldn't hurt you. I wouldn't. Nor would I allow anything to happen to Lucious. You two are like precious jewels to me. Why would I let either of you get scratched?” I could feel his breath upon my cheek, warm and heavy. “I just want to touch you, taste you, have you two near me... is that wrong? Would you deny me that, Mikael?”

His fingers traveled up my abdomen and to my chest. It wasn't a tickle, far from it. It was like a sledgehammer. If I could only move my arms, push him away. Stand up and yell something.

“I know what you are thinking.” His fingers made their way up to my chin and held tightly, forcing me to look at him. “All of this is just a scheme... but maybe we were wrong, Mikael. Maybe all those years I evaded my true desires have caused me to become a monster.” His lower lip brushed against mine. “I am ages old, and I've seen a lifetime and more of heartache. Yet I've lived and will continue on. With you both beside me, maybe I could learn to love again.”

Why me? I thought. Why not Rickie, or someone else? What was it about me that he wanted so much? What was it about Lucious that caught his eye? I hadn't the slightest clue.

“It's your youth that intrigues me,” his voice a whisper in my ear and my eyes lit up. He read my mind!? “The same motive that brought Lucious so close to you, I'm sure. Your youth. But I wonder if there's something more, Mikael. Maybe your kiss?”

He closed his eyes and lowered his lips to mine for a slight moment then pulled away.

“Mmm,” he opened his eyes and looked out to me in ecstasy. “Sweet.” He shuffled around, putting more of his weight on me while his lips came around to my ear. “Or maybe its how you taste... your blood running through his lips.”

Oh please... I thought.

Suddenly, I felt his tongue run along my collar.

He couldn't! No, he mustn't!

His fangs soon punched into my skin like two little needles. I was unprepared for the stabbing sensation, which was 120% more painful than I could recall. I held tightly to the sheets and slammed my eyes to the piercing feeling.

He didn't take but a few drops before lifting his head up an inch and lapping at the blood on my neck with his tongue.

“Wonderful.”

My eyes remained closed tightly. The pinching feeling lasted, causing a burning as if there were a match against my skin. I could feel his heartbeat against mine as he lay next to me. It beat strong, loud. I'd wondered if there was a marching band in the room.

***

Lucious:

I paced back and forth along the hardwood floor inside my room. A thousand thoughts niggled at the back of my mind.

What was I thinking? What was happening now?

How could I have done such a thing?

My arms trembled as I moved my hand up to chew on my nails. Not an appropriate habit, but I could care less right now. I was worried, tremendously, for Mikael's safety.

I knew I was wrong. I shouldn't have done this. I shouldn't have drugged him. I shouldn't have listened when asked to. But his power was just too much against me.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door.

When I didn't answer, I saw a set of five fingers crack the door open and a familiar face peeking in at me.

“Hey,” Rickie's voice sounded out. “Thought I'd check on you.”

“What do you want?” I wondered, my eyes focused on the floor ahead of me.

Rickie stepped in a few inches and shut the door behind him.

“Look, I know we haven't had the best of relationship in the last few years, but I...”

I stared up at him now and interrupted him, “Rickie, you've never enjoyed my company.”

He approached me and sat on the bed next to me.

“I owe Chris more than you know, Lucious,” Rickie began. “Not only for my life, but for...”

His words trailed and grew silent. I could only stare at him. I knew what he meant.

“He's heartless, Rickie,” I said. “You are lucky he hasn't killed you, yet. I really don't know why he hasn't.”

A smile embraced his lips. “That might be true.”

Silence filled the room for a moment. I took the time to put my claw into my mouth and start nibbling again.

“You're worried about him, aren't you?” he asked.

I twisted my head around to look at him, my fingernail still between my teeth.

Why did he even care?

“Okay, fine. I'll leave you then.” He began to stand up.

“Wait!” I jumped up causing him to turn and face me. “Did Chris send you here?”

“Why worry about it, Lucious?” Rickie answered.

He turned again and walked towards the door.

I reached out and touched his upper arm.

“Tell me what's going on, Rickie!” I insisted.

“I can't.”

“Damn it! Please.” I begged.

“I don't know, okay!” He hollered. “I only know that Chris left the room earlier, was out for a few minutes, and just went back in there.”

My grip on his arm hardened. I reached out to grab his other arm and he began to struggle, backing up towards the door, desperately trying to make me let go.

“I'll find out! I'll go in there myself!” I told, finally letting go of his arm and grabbing hold of the door knob before he could.

“Stop!” He yelled but it was too late.

A quick jog and I was at Chris's dual oak doors just on the other side of the hallway. I stood listening for a short moment. I could hear nothing.

I didn't know what to expect when I opened those doors.

Quickly, my hands on the doorknob, I flung open the doors to the sight in front of me.

I saw Chris's face first, his body atop of Mikael's, shielding him from my full view. I noticed the blood dripping down from Chris's lips, and I stopped breathing.

Suddenly, for the first time in four years, I could sense Mikael's pain. His neck ached with a burning sensation. His body crushed with Chris's weight on top of him. I heard him scream from within, and it made my heart stop.

“Mikael,” I sighed.

Chris's eyes caught mine. He smiled maniacally. “Ah, Lucious. Just the man I wanted to see.”

0