Vol 03 Ch07: Battle Against The Hex Begins
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 07A: Battle Against The Hex Begins – The Narcissist's Coldness

After mincing our initial opposition, Wolfy and I are running down a long hallway. I don't know if we're going the right direction or not, but we can't just sit idly. I tried to gain answers out of some of the Reapers we beat, but it was useless, no matter what, they wouldn't talk. So we're on our own.

There they are!!” Another small group of Reapers block our way. However, these Reapers aren't holding scythes, but guns.

Tch, Wolfy stay behind me!!” I shout as I create a wall of silver, blocking the incoming bullet storm.

Master, I've picked up something I think you should know about!!” Wolfy states as the bullets relentlessly collide with my silver wall.

What is it!?”

I've picked up Lilicia-sama's scent!! She's with someone else and is still a fair distance from us though!!”

Seriously!? We've tracked her sooner than I thought.

Who's she with!?”

I don't know, it isn't a scent I'm familiar with. But, it's like a human, who has bathed in a beast's blood.”

I don't understand that description, but we now at least have a destination in mind.

So these guys can get the fuck out of the way!!” I create numerous silver javelins and launch them whilst still maintaining the silver wall.

“””URRGGHH!!””” Several screams yelp.

I release the silver wall and gaze at the scene. Most of the enemies are lying down in puddles of blood. Sorry, but if your not my friend, then you're my enemy. I won't have mercy on those who block my way.

Damn you, Monster!!” A few of the surviving Reapers fire their automatic guns. It pisses me off that they call me a monster when they serve such scum. I quickly create a shield made out of silver about the same size as me and block the bullets.

HHHAAAHHH!!” I let out a battle cry as I charge headlong through the bullet storm with only my shield. The constant impact and recoil from blocking the bullets flows through my body, but I ignore the sensation and continue forward.

URGHHH!!” I close the gap and smack one of the Reapers on the head with my shield. He falls to the floor and I grab his gun.

“”“URGHHH!!!””” Whilst still using my shield as cover I release a hail of bullets and soon the corridor returns to silence. I discard the empty gun.

That was very well done, Master.” Wolfy compliments.

Killing isn't something I enjoy, but I'm not a naïve saint either.” This is a battle, lives will be lost. My desire is to force all the loss on to the enemies though. I won't allow any of my friends to come to harm. “Lead the way to Lilicia-chan, Wolfy!!” I order as I look away from the bloody scene.

At once, Master.”

I'm coming, so stay safe, Lilicia-chan.


Chapter 07B: Battle Against The Hex Begins – Two Ojous And A Vassal (Perspective: Alicia)

Curses, why am I paired with you, Alicia!?” Elizabeth moans. “Right now I should be by my darlings side.” She's gone totally dere over Ren, but she's still so condensing to me.

I sigh as I glare at my pesky rival “It's not like I want to be with you either, so quit complaining.”

Now now, the Underworld is in a dire pinch. Can we save the cat fight for another time.” Kuro-san states.

Who's having a cat fight!?” Elizabeth yells, she only looks pathetic by denying it, so why did she bother? “Are the Pandemonium vassals blind?”

Kuro-san simply takes the insult like a man and continues to try and pacify her.

Damn, Reno really pulled off an annoying stunt, ditching the nuisance onto us.

We continue down the hall when I realise something strange. “Why have we faced minimal resistance?” I ask. There was only a single wave of Reapers that attacked when we blasted into the Crusader, that can't be all they have here.

It is definitely strange. So keep you eyes open for any traps.” Kuro-san states. Elizabeth and I nod as we continue down the white hallway.

We eventually come across a large door which stands out among all the others.

I'm going to take a guess that we're suppose to go through here.” Kuro-san states. The door seems to be almost inviting us.

Kuro-san brandishes his scythe and breaks the door wide open. Inside is a large spacious area with a huge amount of machinery. The area is clouded in darkness, so I can't make everything out, but I think we hit the jackpot.

We found the power generator.” I smile as we walk through the broken door. And when we do, another door shoots down sealing our way out. “Tch!!”

The room suddenly lights up and I see something floating inside a glass tank that appears to be connected to the generator.

I heard they were taken prisoner, so this is why they didn't kill them.” I gaze at the restrained girl hovering inside the container.


Chapter 07C: Battle Against The Hex Begins – The Brother's Opposition (Perspective: Ren)

Reno and I blitz through the relentless mobs of Reapers.

URGGHHHAAAAA!!” Screams of agony echo throughout the ship as Reno disintegrates the enemies without batting an eye. My little brother-in-law is one person I definitely wouldn't want as an enemy.

URGGHHH!!” Another scream yells out as I stab Hinoken into a Reaper's body and burn him from within. Jeez, when did I start to become so cruel!?

Trash has to be disposed of Ren-nii,” Reno states almost as if he read my mind. Did my face look that agonised?

Their numbers are increasing, we must be heading in the right direction.” Reno deduces.

But I still haven't had the chance to use my latest weapon.” I state as I gaze at my arm.

That power is too good for these small fries, it isn't something you can use continuously so save it for the greater foes.” Reno explains as he burns another enemy without slowing down his brisk walk.

We reach a large door that stands out way too much. Reno releases a huge stream of fire from his body that melts the metal door.

We walk into the large dark room as two figures walk towards us. Light engulfs the wide space as the figures become visible.

The younger Cerberus and the Human Anomaly marrying into the Cerberus. How artistic!!” Shouts the first figure, a man with ginger hair and a paint smeared apron. He smiles widely as his arms open wide.

The power of those flames that melted the door. I'm so envious, I want it!!” Declares the second figure, a young man dressed like a jester with semi long purple hair, sleepy eyes, and pure white face paint.

It looks like these aren't like those small fries, that ginger one fits the description of the man who faced Yuichi Shiro to a standstill.” Reno explains. Which means these two are definitely dangerous.

Ahh!! That was such an artistic conflict. And now I get the chance to face the other man joining the three families. I'm sure the inspiration will give birth to a masterpiece.”

What's with this guy? He creeps me out.

I then notice something from behind the two men. “Reno, in that container!!” I point my finger, Reno follows with his eyes, that ignite in anger when he sees what's inside. The flames intensify and surround his body.

You've angered me...” Reno glares at the two, “Ren-nii, the ginger is yours, we have details of his power, and you can test that out. The clown's mine, I won't rest until I release my frustrations on someone!!” I feel the pure malice from Reno's voice, I give a confirming nod. I heard this guy put my best friend into bad shape, so I'm going to pulverise him.

Your flames have grown even stronger, I'm even more envious.” The man dressed as a jester states. “Then Reno Cerberus-sama, I, the number four of the Hex Class, Kaiser Crave, shall be your opponent.”

Reno and the jester, Kaiser, charge at one another. I feel a huge air tremor as their fists collide.

I return my gaze to my prey.

Then let us begin as well. I'm number six of the Hex Class, Van. Ren Kirei, grant my artistic soul its inspiration.”

I'll grant it destruction instead!!” I scream as I shoot a wave of flames at Van.

Our battle has now begun.


Chapter 07D: Battle Against The Hex Begins – Dance Of The Ladies Starts (Perspective: Alicia)

As I'm looking at the girl hovering in the capsule. Clap clap clap!! - A silhouette walks casually out of the shadows.

The scarlet haired girl smiles. “It looks like I'll get the pleasure of killing off a pesky Cerberus.” The smile broadens, “Today will definitely be a day to remember.”

Priscilla...” Elizabeth mutters the name of the deadly Reaper before us.

The girl of the Orthrus family spins her scythe in a circular motion as she gazes in hatred at Elizabeth.

So, this is the reason why we met no resistance,” Kuro-san explains, “Priscilla desires to fight against Elizabeth-sama herself.”

Of course, the Cerberus have always been an eyesore. How could I pass up an opportunity to exterminate one with my own hands?” Priscilla coldly explains.

However, I've got something else I wish to know. “Priscilla, what is the meaning of this!?” I point to the capsule.

Can't you tell by just looking?” Her voice is one of annoyance, “We're using the Thanatos triplets as an energy source for the Sub-Crusaders.” As I thought.

Disturb-sama and Cocytus-sama are probably elated at their personal revenge against the main branch of Thanatos. As someone from a family denied their rightful claim because of another myself, it's something I can understand. The main branch of Thanatos who loves the Underworld more than anyone, being reduced to batteries for a weapon that will bring about its destruction. HA HA HA!!! How ironic!!”

I knew this from the beginning, but there is no reasoning with you, Elizabeth-sama, Alicia-sama, we must bring her down.”

Priscilla smiles, “Taking you on three to one will probably be too difficult. Fortunately, Disturb-sama granted me some capable helpers.” Priscilla's smile broadens further as three obsidian coloured wolves walk out of a split dimension that Priscilla made.

The blood lust in their eyes reminds me of someone. The wolves snarl menacingly at us as Priscilla strokes one of their heads.

Meet Lycan #349, #517, and #781. Alicia, I believe you met #13, correct? These children were born from the same Project Lycan as our Hex Classes' number three.” Priscilla states haughtily, the eyes in the wolves are the same as that Lycan girl I faced before. So that's why.

Project Lycan?” I ask.

A project that was secretly run by the branch family of Thanatos. The aim of it was to create human weapons by fusing the souls of certain Soul Anomalies with that of a humans. Well, the project could probably be said to have been a huge failure. Out of the one thousand humans used, only about ten percent survived. And of those ten percent only #13 and #666 were able to retain any of their ego. The rest became something like these children. Well, despite being failures, they're still plenty strong.” Priscilla explains indifferently.

They were conducting human experiments!?” I ask angrily. Elizabeth and Kuro-san too are glaring at Priscilla. Just how far have Cocytus and Disturb fallen? No, compared to what they have done, this is nothing surprising.

#349, #517, #781, this will be a ladies only dance, understand?” Priscilla states to the Lycans.

They howl ferociously before charging towards us. I bring out my new upgraded scythe and prepare to attack the wolves, as does Elizabeth. However, we strike nothing but thin air as the Lycans dodge our attack and charge straight for Kuro-san.

They brandish their claws and fangs as Kuro-san dodges their swift attacks one after another. “Tch!” I charge to back up my family's retainer. But suddenly a stream of fire crosses my path forcing me to jump back.

I glare at the culprit as she smiles, “I said didn't I? This will be a ladies only dance. Now, Elizabeth Cerberus, Alicia Pandemonium, the number five of the Hex Class, Priscilla Orthrus, shall be your opponent.” She challenges, “Try not to turn to ashes too soon.”


Chapter 07E: Battle Against The Hex Begins – Connection Of The Reaper And The Wolf (Perspective: Lilicia)

So then, Lycan-san was born from a human experiment?” I ask solemnly as we sneak down the hall.

Yes, I don't remember much from when my soul was human. But I was taken along with many others and subjected to many atrocities. The meaning for my existence was forcefully changed to that of a live stock, for someone else's desires. I lost my humanity, my place, and even my name.” Lycan-san states as she grinds her teeth.

Your name?”

I cannot remember it. I was simply labelled thirteen, which has stuck with me ever since.” She sadly explains.

How cruel. She had everything taken from her, and for what? How could they do something like this? How can anyone do anything like this?

Disturb's smiling face appears in the back of my mind. Despite everything he's done, he can still smile. The thought of how he smiles as another suffers forces me to bite my lip so hard it bleeds. The lips soiled by that cruel man, I'll wash them with my own blood.

Please calm down, Lilicia-san.” Lycan-san interjects, “I'm thankful for your feelings, but blood is what brings the monster out of me.”

What do you mean?”

It's by ingesting blood that I become that cold killing monster. I can maintain my sanity under most other circumstances, but...” I see, I wipe the blood off my mouth.

Sorry,” Lycan-san shakes her head with a smile at my apology.

We continue moving forward, Lycan-san previously said she could sense Yuichi-niisama so we're heading towards him. I'm glad he's safe.

Your betraying our master, Lycan?” A voice comes from behind as a rip in space appears and out comes a young man who is dressed like some kind of ancient warlord, with armour adorning his body. His dark hair is tied back into a long ponytail, a katana is held in each hand, and his eyes are like a hawks.

Lycan-san grits her teeth at the man. “This is the worst case scenario.”

Worst case?

It was the right decision to keep an eye on you,” The man states, “Abducting the lady who is betrothed to our master, I won't allow you to transgress any further, Lycan #13.” The man enters into a stance with his two swords. And what nonsense is he speaking of betrothed to his master? I don't recall Yuichi-niisama having such a man in his posse, and I will accept none other, especially not Disturb.

Lycan-san, who is this man?” I ask, feeling Lycan-san's tension.

Disturb's right hand man, and the number one of the Hex Class, Owari Fool.”

In other words, he's the strongest amongst the Hex Class, stronger than Lycan-san? So this is the worst case scenario.

Prepare yourself!!” He shouts as he charges towards us with lightning speed.

1