Vol 03 Ch09: Battles Underway
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 09A: Battles Underway – Reno Vs Kaiser I (Perspective: Reno)

My fist collides with Kaisers. I throw my other fist covered with flames only for my wrist to be grabbed before I can land a hit.

“I'm truly envious.” The clown smiles as he taps the heel of his foot, revealing a concealed knife poking out of his shoe. With both my hands too busy, I parry his kick with my leg, forcing his knife away.

Kaiser kicks off of my body with his other foot and back flips through the air, creating some distance between us. What a show off. I click my tongue.

Kaiser throws several concealed knives as he cartwheels further away. I create a wall of fire about an inch thick that disintegrates the daggers on contact.

“You're every bit of a genius as the rumours say.” Kaiser remarks.

“I won't fall victim to some pathetic underhanded tricks.” I state back as I swing a colossal stream of fire extending out of my arm. Kaiser jumps off the ground and somehow hangs upside down from the ceiling. I redirect my aim as Kaiser runs along the ceiling while hailing me with knives. But I use my other arm to create flame walls to defend myself from the attack.

“Are you unable to comprehend that those things won't work?” I ask.

“Of course I'm aware, I just want to see more of your flames.” He replies with a smile.

“Then see them burn you to nothingness!!” I shout whilst creating a huge fire column to separate us from Ren-nii's battlefield, my next technique isn't meant to be used with friendlies nearby. “Magma Maelstrom!!” I create a huge twister of flames in the centre of our battlefield.

“To have such a dangerous technique, I'm truly envious!!” He screams as the maelstrom's wind pressure created from the intense heat slowly pulls him in. “My soul is one of envy. Jealous, avaricious, and desiring. Crave everything that I don't possess. And sate my greed by owning all.”

Soul ID Lyrics? This is where it's going to get complicated.

A huge block of ice rams into my maelstrom and the two attacks cancel each other out. I glare at the clown who is wearing a confident smile.

“Now, allow me to show you the power of everything that I've desired.” He states as I gather flames into my fists, readying myself for round two.


Chapter 09B: Battles Underway – Alicia And Elizabeth Vs Priscilla I (Perspective: Alicia)

The three Lycans have formed a triangle around Kuro-san. “Awooo!!” They howl in sync. Suddenly a large magic circle appears on the ground around the three Lycans.

“SHIT!!” Kuro-san shouts as he disappears along with the Lycans.

“That is!!!” I exclaim.

“Reaper Technique: Coliseum.” Priscilla finishes, “The Lycans have been taught to use it.” Wolves taught to use Reaper Techniques, they sure made some horrible creatures.

With Kuro-san and the Lycans gone it's just the three of us. I'm worried about Kuro-san, but Priscilla is not an opponent I can fight with my mind elsewhere.

I spin my scythe and point the blade at our opponent. “No choice, you've fallen to the level of a mere terrorist. I'll reap you, Priscilla.”

“And you wonder why Cerberus was chosen? It's because you're all like this!! You don't look at what you already have, but what you don't, nothing short of a spoilt brat.” Elizabeth mimics my action and points her scythe at Priscilla.

That spoilt brat comment goes for you too I think. I keep my inner feelings within.

“Did you think something rude just now?” Elizabeth turns to me with a scowl on her face. I shake my head, now isn't the time for infighting.

“How you insult me?” Priscilla shakes, “I shall show you the consequences of your insolence!!” Priscilla charges at us as her scythe engulfs itself in flames. Her eyes glow the same colour as her hair.

Ching!! - Elizabeth blocks the swing as I flank to the side and shoot a lightning ball. Priscilla pushes off of Elizabeth's scythe and propels herself over her with a somersault.

“ARGGHHHHH!!” Elizabeth screams as Priscilla kicks her from behind into my lightning ball.

“Your coordination needs some work,” Priscilla remarks as she shoots a fireball from her extended hand. Elizabeth is quick to react and rolls out the way. I charge at Priscilla to give Elizabeth time to recover.

Priscilla ducks below my slash and slides her leg along the ground like a top. “SHIT!!” The attack at my feet causes me to lose my balance. “URGHHH!!” Priscilla uses the opening and slams the stick of her scythe into my stomach sending me skidding across the room.

Elizabeth launches a fireball which Priscilla intercepts with one of her own, the two attacks cancel each other as the streams of flames increase the room temperature by several degrees. I quickly get back onto my feet and charge at Priscilla again, Elizabeth follows my lead. Priscilla launches several fireballs at us, but we dodge whilst limiting unnecessary movements. I shoot another thunder ball, which is countered by a fireball. She creates a wave of fire, I jump over it but she launches more fireballs to attack me whilst I'm airborne. Fortunately Elizabeth cancels them out with her own fireballs, with an affirming nod of gratitude.

I charge and slice at Priscilla, who attempts to block with her flaming scythe. However, I have my scythe change shape the instant our weapons are about to make contact, bypassing her guard. Priscilla's face is dyed in shock. I quickly have my scythe reform its natural shape mid swing.

“GAHHH!!” Priscilla jumps back at the last second but my attack still cuts the flesh on one side of her body.

“What just happened?” Priscilla stares at me in shock. Elizabeth also has a confused gaze. “What did you do?”

“My last scythe broke when I fought against that Lycan girl. So I had this one made in replacement, by Yuichi.” I answer.

“Yuichi Shiro?” Priscilla states in confusion as she gazes at my scythe, “Silver.” She remarks.

“Correct, this scythe is made from my fiancé’s Silver Manifestation. A scythe made from Unlocked Silver.”

“Unlocked Silver?”

“It's just the silver that makes this scythe, but that silver, has been unlocked for me to manipulate. For example,” I swing my scythe and fragments of silver shoot off, “Silver Bullet!!” The silver fragments fly at Priscilla, who dodges the attack with nimble movements. I then retrieve the fragments to reform my scythe. “Yuichi's ability isn't just for him now.” I state as Priscilla gets back to her feet with a smile, her confidence not diminished in the slightest.

“I see, then it's time for me to get serious as well,” she states as flames cover her entire body, “The power granted to Orthrus is absolute!! Kneel before my fire!!”


Chapter 09C: Battles Underway – The Master And Pet's Next Challenge

Wolfy and I continue down the hall until we finally reach a huge door. We haven't encounter any further opposition. We must have cleared them all out before. “I'm guessing this is it.” I state as I push the door open, revealing a large room with a inconspicuous huge glass container. But what shocks me is what, or rather who, is floating inside of it.

“ROSE!!!” I scream dramatically to the restrained unconscious girl within the container.

“Master, someone's here!!” Wolfy runs to my side and adopts a battle stance.

“You have sharp senses my friend.” An old man with a walking stick casually walks out of the shadows with a smile. “But let me correct you on one point. This one is Tsubaki-sama.” He states.

“TSUBAKI!!” I scream dramatically again, this time with the correct name.

“You already lost the chance when you did it before, Master.” Wolfy sighs.

Damn, my debut dramatic moment of calling out to a friend in danger was completely ruined. This is what I hate about twins and triplets.

“Regardless, hand over Rose, I mean Tsubaki and shut this thing down and no one gets hurt.” I point my silver sword at the old man.

“Ki-he-he-he,” The old man chuckles horribly.

That was sickening. I cringe.

“Don't act so conceited boy. This old man's bones still have plenty of fight left in them.”

“”GUUUHHH!!”” Wolfy and I yelp as some unknown force pulls our bodies down to the ground.

“But then again, I don't even need to move to fight. I am Isaac, the number two of the Hex Class. I'll show you that the elderly will never lose to any whipper snappers.”

I grind my teeth in annoyance as the old man straightens his back. His presence changing from a decrepit old man to a intimidating warrior.


Chapter 09D: Battles Underway – Kuro Vs Triple Lycan (Perspective: Kuro)

“Damn, I've been seperated from Alicia-sama and Elizabeth-sama!” I spit out my annoyance. I wasn't expecting these things to be able to use a Reaper Technique, that caught me completely off guard.

One of the Lycans charges and slashes at me, I jump to one side, another shoots a fireball from its mouth, I slice the attack down the centre and split it in half. The third one tries and bites into my leg from behind.

“UROGGHH!!” But I kick it in the jaw before it can. I shoot a barrage of ice but the Lycans move left and right swiftly dodging all my attacks. One of the Lycans suddenly disappears, I suddenly feel a presence behind me, and trusting my instincts I jump into the air to safety.

Another Lycan then tries to slash at me whilst I'm in the air. I create a block of ice at my feet to create a foot hole and jump back to safety, avoiding the claw by mere inches.

“Fighting three of these things at once isn't going to be easy.” I sigh in resignation, but I can't mess around here for long, those two will most likely need my help. “Come at me from anywhere.” I taunt as I ready my scythe to cleave off some heads.


Chapter 09E: Battles Underway – Ren Vs Van I (Perspective: Ren)

Our arena has been seperated from Reno's by a huge wall of flames, so it's just me and Van on this side.

Ching! Ching!! - Our swords collide as neither of us gain any ground. I shoot a fireball from Hinoken, but Van throws a picture board and out comes a huge quantity of water that blocks my attack.

“How artistic, both you and Yuichi Shiro are perfect inspiration for my art.” Van pulls out a gun from his picture board and points it at me. Before he can pull the trigger I release a huge amount of flames in front of my body.

Bang bang bang!! - None of the bullets make it through my makeshift wall.

I swing Hinoken relentlessly and release multiple waves of fire.

Bang!! Bang!! - Van dodges my attack whilst still unloading his clip.

Not wanting to lose my fire power on defence, I activate one of my new arm's powers. “Protection!!” Several glyphs run across my arm and Van's bullets are stopped in their tracks by the forcefield I erected. Noticing his attacks aren't working, Van gives up on offence and focuses on dodging my attacks. I release the shield so I can refocus all my power back to Hinoken.

I launch a stream of flames at Van, who dodges the attack and throws several picture boards at the ground. They flash brightly and then standing there, wielding two blades each is...

“Yuichi?” No, they're not.

“Amazing, aren't they? I don't do too many human portraits, but that last battle really inspired me. Such is the nature of my artistic art.” The four Yuichi clones each remain silent and brandish their respective silver swords.

This doesn't look too good.

“Go my Yuichi Shiros!!” The four Yuichi clones run at me together on Van's orders, I gather flames from Hinoken and send them at my best friend's imposters. They each dodge the attack, one slices at me with one of his blades – Ching!! - I deflect the attack and push him back before he can strike again. A second reshapes his silver sword into a javelin and throws it at me. I twist my body and avoid it.

“URGGGHHH!!” I yelp as the third slashes me across my back. That javelin was just a distraction. I send a wave of fire to force him to jump back. They don't have any of the original's great power, but they do outnumber me.

“You must be happy, Ren Kirei, to die by the hands of your best friend.” Don't be ridiculous. Yuichi would be insulted if you called these fakes him.

Even if they have his appearance, they're nothing more than dolls pulled into reality from paintings.

I suddenly feel a wave of irritation looking at the four imposters imitating my best friend like some sideshow act.

“Your little imposters don't have anything in them that makes them truly like Yuichi. Tell me, do you think Yuichi is made up just by his appearance? Although he likes to flaunt it around, that is just one aspect of who he is. I'm going to show your so called art for the crappy counterfeit it truly is!!” I state as I gather my strength and point my blade challengingly at Van.

“You harmed my best friend before, and now you're using his image to try and beat me. If these dolls cannot replicate Yuichi's genius, then they cannot be called Yuichi Shiro!! Your art will not disgrace my friend any longer!!”


Chapter 09F: Battles Underway – Disturb's Disturbing Remedy (Perspective: None)

Inside the Alpha Crusader, Cocytus had gone elsewhere to handle the issue of the intruders. The only ones present were Disturb and Lilicia, who was delivered by Owari. Lilicia was restrained to a chair with Disturb standing in front of her.

“I'm sorry about Lycan, my dear,” He began, “I thought I trained her well, to think she would try and kidnap you. Normally I would punish her severely, but it appears the man who infected you has caught her.”

“...” Lilicia just glared in anger at the man before her. Normally his very presence caused her to shake in fear, and she was indeed still afraid. But her anger towards Disturb, and the relief of seeing her precious Nii-sama were enough to subdue her usual fright.

“If only I was able to control #666 I would never have needed #13.” Disturb states.

“...” Lilicia remains silent.

“Why the silent treatment, my dear?” Disturb asks, tilting his head, “I can quite understand you were frightened before, but you're safe here.” Disturb runs his hand across Lilicia's cheek, who tried to escape his touch with what limited freedom she had. “I promise, I won't let anything else harm you.” His words were sincere. Sincere, but distorted.

“I've already given up on making you understand.” She finally said, “Now that I know Yuichi-niisama is here, I know I won't have to. The boy desired by two Pandemoniums, do you think your subordinates can hope to beat him?”

Disturb smiles, “I hope not, otherwise my plan to cure you of his infection won't work.” He stated.

“What?” Lilicia was shocked, Disturb was hoping for his Hex Class to be defeated.

“Each member of my Hex Class are exceptional fighters. However, other than Owari, I can hardly say they're irreplaceable. In order for my princess to be cured of her disease, the hero must slay the infection in front of her eyes. That's why Owari didn't fight Yuichi Shiro himself, oh, but that's a secret from Pops, he'd start lecturing if he knew this.” Disturb smiles pleasantly as Lilicia regains her fear of the terrible existence standing in front of her.

Several screens appear in the air depicting the many fights taking place on all the Crusaders.

“Now, lets just hope the infection can make its way here so we can cure you with the best possible remedy.” Disturb states with a thin anticipating smile.

1