Vol 03 Ch10: Battles Of Fire
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10A: Battles Of Fire - Alicia And Elizabeth Vs Priscilla II (Perspective: Alicia)

The intense flames surrounding Priscilla start to gather at her back and take the form of three sets of wings.

“Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, enemies to nothingness.” Priscilla's wings beat, lifting her body into the air.

Shit, if she can fly then we'll be at a huge disadvantage. I charge towards Priscilla with Elizabeth.

Priscilla shoots a fireball from her hand, I dodge the attack “URGHH!!” until the fireball expands and catches my arm.

“Alicia get back!!” Elizabeth screams as she grabs me and dives to the floor a mere second before a huge column of fire would have incinerated me.

Priscilla beats her wings further and stabilises about fifteen metres in the air. “Damn it...” I curse as a javelin of fire shoots towards us, we both dive to the side, when I notice another column of fire about to sprout I jump back just in time to avoid the attack, but it changes its trajectory and arcs over towards me again. I dodge once again, but then several hands of fire sprout out of the column, I wield my silver scythe and cleave at them before jumping away and making some distance.

“Can't do a lot can you?” Priscilla taunts.

“Silver Bullet!!” I shoot several projectiles from my scythe, but Priscilla just slides through the sky and avoids them.

Elizabeth shoots her fireballs, but Priscilla swats them aside with her wings. Then she forms a huge fireball of her own, the size is completely different from any previous. “Disintegrating Comet!!” She shouts as the huge fireball speeds towards the ground.

“Elizabeth!!” I shout as we run to one another's side. With one look into each others eyes we both know what we must do. “”Ice Barrier!!”” We both scream as multiple Frisbee shaped ice shields line up one behind the other.

Crack Crack Crack!! - Our shields shatter one after another as the attack continues despite the hindrance. Neither Elizabeth or I are Ice specialists so our shields aren't as strong as they could be.

“It can't be helped,” Elizabeth states as flames cloak her body. Wait, what is she doing?

As our final shield shatters Elizabeth, cloaked in her flames, jumps in front of the attack and pushes back on the projectile. “URGHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!” She screams as she holds the huge flame back, her feet skid along the ground from the opposing momentum.

“Elizabeth!!” I scream in horror at the reckless action. Even though she is a fire specialist herself, a fireball that size will still cause extensive damage.

There's nowhere to run, so now is the time to fight. I reshape my silver scythe into the shape of a javelin as I run my electricity through it, giving it a huge charge. Then using the momentum of my throw, my telekinetic control on the silver, and the newly added magnetic charge, I launch my silver javelin with a huge beam of lightning backing it. The colossal fireball is broken down to smaller fireballs and rain down upon the ground. Elizabeth falls to her knees from the sudden relief as the fire surrounding her dissipates. My javelin continues on its way towards its final destination.

“KYYAAAHHHHHHHHH!!” Priscilla screams horribly as my javelin and lightning beam consume her right arm in the blast, blood rains down from the sky. Priscilla gazes at her missing limb in horror before redirecting a malicious gaze back to me. “I'll make you pay.” She states coldly. I regather my silver and reform my scythe as Priscilla gathers flames in her left hand “GYAAAHHHH!!

She used her fire to stop the bleeding.

After Priscilla completes her makeshift first aid, a huge number of flames rise from her wings and take the shapes of several floating orbs, they fly down into the battle area. “DIE!!” Priscilla shoots a beam of fire towards me, I narrowly dodge the sudden attack.

“ALICIA!!” Elizabeth suddenly screams.

“GAHHHH!!” An intense pain rages in my right shoulder and I'm forced to my knees, I gaze at the fire beam that had pierced me and at the glowing flame orb behind me. “Those orbs, they reflect her attacks like mirrors do light!!” I have part of my scythe transform and wrap around my shoulder as a makeshift bandage to stop the blood loss. “Gah,” I grind my teeth in pain at the pressure on my wound as I rise back to my feet.

“Don't think that the debt is repaid with so little, Elizabeth, Alicia!!” Priscilla states as she shoots another fire beam. Elizabeth and I dodge the beam, that is soon reflected, I dodge again but it reflects once again.

“You're annoying!!” Elizabeth shoots a fireball at the approaching beam, finally cancelling the attack. She then turns to Priscilla and shoots a fire beam of her own, but one of the orbs moves in the way and reflects it back, forcing Elizabeth to dodge her own attack.

If she's using those orbs to guard. In that case maybe we can catch her off guard.

“Elizabeth give her another shot!!” I shout as I gather a lightning ball in my hand.

“What? Didn't you see what just happened!?” Elizabeth stares at me dumbfounded, I reassure her with my gaze. “Fine.”

Elizabeth does as asked and shoots another fire beam at Priscilla, “Haven't you learnt your lesson the last time, it's useless!!” Priscilla proclaims as an orb moves to block the attack, but before it can I launch my lightning ball and neutralise the orb. As I thought, it can only repel fire.

“WHAT!!” Priscilla is caught off guard, she swiftly dodges with an awkward movement.

Now!! I transform my scythe into a javelin again and throw it at Priscilla. She dodges the javelin, but her posture is broken. Elizabeth, noticing the chance, jumps into the air using her flames as a jet.

“You're going down!! Literally!!” Elizabeth shouts.

I think her finishing one liner could use some work.

“UUURGGHHHHH!!!” Elizabeth's burning fist smashes into Priscilla, who is shot like a bullet to the floor. “GUHHH!!” Blood leaks out between her lips from the sudden impact with the ground. “To think you were capable of pushing me back this far.” Priscilla gets back to her feet, she's tenacious. “Any more than this and I'll be nothing more than a laughing stock.” Priscilla's flame wings change shape into several flaming arms. One of the flaming arms replaces her missing right and another four grow and extend out of her shoulder blades. Priscilla opens a pocket dimension and throws all her arms within, they each come out with a different weapon. In her six hands she holds a scythe in her human hand, a huge bow and arrow with two of her flaming hands, the remaining flame hands hold an axe, a sword, and a ball and chain. “This is one of my trump cards, Incinerating Asura!! My flames can do a lot more than burn!!”

I gaze on at the intimidating appearance of Priscilla's form. She's even stronger than we predicted.

“I grew up watching all of Reno's feats. I'm not impressed.”

Yes Elizabeth, but neither you or I are Reno. The fact remains that we're in trouble.

“Keep throwing things at me and I'll continue to cut them down, Priscilla!!” Elizabeth points her scythe at our opponent, oblivious to my worries.

I sigh at Elizabeth's confidence, I can't let myself lose heart here. “Lately, I've only been dead weight for all my friends, but this time I swear, we'll definitely win!!” I follow Elizabeth's lead and point my silver scythe at Priscilla.

“Fools, up until now was just the starter, time for the main course,” Priscilla readies her many weapons, “Blissfully turn to ashes, knowing you made me get serious.”


Chapter 10B: Battles Of Fire - Ren Vs Van II (Perspective: Ren)

The four Yuichi imposters circle around me and attack together, I jump in the air to avoid being skewered. Two of the Yuichi clones transform their blades into javelins and throw them at me. Using Hinoken's flames, I propel myself back to the floor, avoiding the attack.

BANG!!

“URGHHHH!!” I yelp in pain as I gaze at my bleeding leg.

“It isn't just them you're fighting,” Van smiles as he aims his gun.

Bang bang!! - I create a wall of fire in front of me.

Bang bang bang!! - The bullets continue regardless.

One of the Yuichi clones flanks and slashes at me, “Protection!!” I reactivate one of my new arm's powers, blocking the silver sword. Another Yuichi clone changes his blade into a javelin and throws it at me. Fighting this many is real pain in the arse. I quickly push back the Yuichi clone's sword with the protection, I then release the technique and grab that clone's wrist. Whilst still maintaining Hinoken's flame to prevent Van's bullet storm, I pull the Yuichi clone into the path of the approaching javelin, which pierces him through the heart. The clone disappears without a speck of blood coming out, well they weren't real so I'm not surprised. “That's one down.”

Bang bang!! - Van continues his bullet onslaught.

“Protection!!” I switch my fire barrier for the forcefield and launch a wave of flames with Hinoken, Van jumps over the attack, and wielding a sword in one hand and a gun in the other, he charges at me.

Ching ching ching!! - Our swords collide.

“Such inspiration, such intrigue, how very artistic!!” Van smiles widely as our swords deadlock

Van points his gun at me, - Bang!! - I quickly tilt my neck to the side as the bullet rips through the air mere centimetres from my head. I release a fire wave from Hinoken, forcing Van to jump back still with a smile on his face.

One of the Yuichi clones slashes at me with their sword, I duck below the attack, and before the other two clones can join the assault, I shove my new hand into its abdomen. Its not really living, in that case this should work.

“Program!!” I activate the second power that my arm grants to me on the Yuichi clone. Reprogram, from kill Ren Kirei to protect Ren Kirei. “That should do it.” The other two remaining clones try to slash at me, but my reprogrammed Yuichi clone blocks their attacks with its two silver swords.

“What did you do!? What is that arm!?” Van shouts in shock at the spectacle.

“I lost my previous arm in the fight against Enigma, so the Cerberus family created me this Alchemy Arm to replace it. And with it the three powers within are now mine. The first one being Protection, and the second being Program, which allows me to reprogram inanimate objects and various other things. You can look forward to the third power, Van, for when I use it, this fight will be over.” I declare.

“Don't get so full of yourself,” Van points to the disappearing Yuichi clone that was guarding me, it was two versus one so the outcome was obvious. “My art isn't so easy to defeat!!” Van throws another picture and out comes a winged horse that Van quickly mounts, the deformed pony quickly takes to the sky.

Bang bang!! - Van shoots at me from the air.

“Protection!” I recreate my forcefield to intercept the bullets. The Two Yuichi clones charge at me, I shoot several fireballs from Hinoken but they take evasive actions whilst still edging towards me. “Tch!!”

Ching!! - I block one of the blades and release my fire to force them back. I made the wrong choice guarding with Protection. I'm unable to use more than one power at a time, which means Program is sealed at the moment. And I'm not confident enough in my abilities to fight both Yuichi clones without Hinoken to defend me.

“I'm sure when I see your face filled with despair I'll be able to paint a real masterpiece, Ren Kirei!!” Van taunts.

“Sorry, but that is one picture you won't be drawing. I told you, I'm going to show your art for the counterfeit it is.”

I refuse to fall to this deranged artist!!

0