Vol 02 Ch13: The Shadow Of Enigma
156 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13A: The Shadow Of Enigma (Perspective: None)

The night was dark, the air was chilly, and the ground was waterlogged by the ongoing pelting rain. Darkness blanketed the entire area that was littered with gravestones. There was however one figure in the otherwise deserted graveyard. The man who ended the life of Vincent Redfern, the man who single-handedly defeated both Yuichi Shiro and the Slayers who assisted him. His crimson coat which had an embroidery of blue flames and several crucifixes forming the shape of a cross on it. A white mask with a red line pattern concealed his face. Even as the rain pelted him relentlessly, he didn't move a muscle.

"CAW CAW CAW!" Crows could be heard from the distance, their screeches almost sounded like a scream of fear from the masked man's presence.

"Now would probably be the time," He said to himself emotionlessly.

Suddenly a huge inferno shot up from the ground and broke its way through the night sky, that was quickly illuminated from the sudden heat source. If one scrunched their eyes slightly, a human's silhouette could be made out through the blazing pillar of flames.

The flames slowly died down and then ceased, leaving a huge crater in the ground. The darkness returned.

The masked man approached the second figure that had just appeared.

"As I deduced, you were behind them," The masked man said with his monotonous voice.

"I had a feeling that you would figure it out. However, I didn't think that you would come to meet me," The second figure stated in a rough voice without even turning around to look at the person he was addressing. "So why did a man from that family of darkness, come to see me?"

"I'm surprised, you know who I am," The masked man stated.

"Your voice doesn't sound surprised to me," The second figure retorted, "I'm also well aware that you lack in the emotions department. So I know you didn't come here to give me an earful about using Stella."

"As you said, I am unable to feel anything for her, or anyone for that matter. It's for that reason that I refer to myself as being incomplete. Stella only has the same blood as my mother, who married into the family. She doesn't have a drop of the Origin's blood running through her veins," The masked man explained.

"Your desire for emotions, are you trying to activate your stigma?" The second figure asked, "Do you think having such a thing will make you complete!?"

"The stigma is nothing more than a curse that runs in my family's blood. I have no desire to draw out such a thing, that is not the completeness that I desire," The masked man stated.

"Then tell me, why did you come to meet me!?" The second figure changed the subject back to the original topic.

"Something I desire is being kept where you intend to go," The masked man explained, "It would only be in our best interests if we work together for the time being."

"The place I'm going, just what could you want from for there?" The second figure interrogated.

"That is no concern of yours. However it will not hinder your personal objective," The masked man replies, the second figure knows that he was not going to budge an inch on the matter.

"And what if I were to refuse?" The second figure asked.

"Do you believe you are in any position to? The man you seek is not a fool. He didn't fall for your plan when you sent Enigma to lure out and trap the Slayers. He was playing along to pull you out of the shadows," The masked man stated, "And secondly, do you think you have any chance of defeating me? If you are not working with me, then I shall defeat you here as a potential obstacle to my plan."

"Hah, I know for a fact that you are unable to imitate my power. So what do I have to fear!?" The second figure responded confidently.

"Even if I cannot use yours, I can use Stella's," The masked man declared, the second figure visibly cringed in response.


Chapter 13B: The Shadow Of Enigma (Perspective: Alma)

Alicia and I have finally scored a hit on Carrisa Thanatos. However she just said that she had nothing to do with the forming of Enigma. But if that is the case, then just how and why did they...

"If you're not behind it, then who is, Carrisa?" Alicia asks in anger.

"Ha ha ha! HA HA HA HA HA!" Carrisa laughs out loud, I fail to see what was so funny, "Alma Ivana, Alicia, tell me. The incident you were involved in eight years ago, that Chimera Anomaly, where did you think that came from?"

"What do you mean?" I ask as I recall that horrible memory.

"What would you say if I were to tell you it was born from the curiosity and science of the church? A man made Chimera Anomaly, that escaped the church and was drawn towards Alicia," Carrisa happily declares.

"Are you saying!" I begin, "NO! you must be lying! The church wishes for the destruction of all anomalies!! Why would they create one themselves!?"

"There is a dark side to every organisation that grows too big, Alma Ivana," Carrisa states, I cannot deny that claim. I figured the church probably has a few skeletons in its closet, but not to this extent.

"Regardless, that tragedy eight years ago has nothing to do with this!?" Alicia states, she probably wants to change the subject just as much as I do.

"But it has everything to do with it," Carrisa replies.

"What are you talking about!?" I demand a response, what has my sister got to do with this?

Carrisa glares at us as the cold words escape her lips, "Do you two think that you were the only ones who were shaken by that tragedy?" She asks, "Wasn't there one more individual who would be even more upset than you? And if that someone was to learn the truth wouldn't they only naturally want vengeance? And what if that someone could also theoretically turn people into Human Anomalies using the Soul Slayer he had at his disposal for many years? Would it be such a long stretch that he would do so? Are you starting to get the picture now?"

"No...it...can't...be..." I feel my body shake at the revelation, but it can't be. There is only one person I can think of that matches that description, but it just can't be. It's impossible.

"Alma!" Alicia shouts as I feel her tug on my shoulder.

"How...can...it...?" I ask rhetorically.


Chapter 13C: The Shadow Of Enigma (Perspective: None)

"Fine. For the time being we'll join forces. I'm not so foolish as to make an enemy of a man whose power rivals that of the three gods," The second figure stated.

"A wise decision," The masked man said monotonously with a slight nod, "As to be expected of you, Voynich-Caduceus' former wielder and Enigma's shadow leader, Shuren Azusa."

BOOM! - A large lightning bolt flashed the sky and illuminated the dark figure of a rough looking man with crimson dreadlocks and dangerous hawk eyes.

Shuren Azusa

1