It Looked Like A Shell..
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It looked like a shell, half buried, but as she dug through the sand around the edges, she found it was something completely different, something she’d never seen before and thought only existed in stories. She had to be imagining—it simply couldn’t be a summoning whistle. She recalled her school professors instructing them on how beast summoners were things of the past, how their magic derived from the blood past down from generation to generation. That was why many magical craftsmen had tried to find ways to summon creatures without the need of that “blood”. That’s how these summoning whistles were crafted. Overtime these whistles became rare to find, and hard to make. The only way a magic craftsmen could make one was with a drop of blood or a type of DNA from the creature in question. And she knew from her lessons in school that that was hard to obtain, much less ask for from an intellectual creature. 

She pulled the horn out from the sand, lightly wiping the object with her fingers. The ocean waves swelled back and forth, the waves lapping her toes as she looked down at the whistle. It must have been fate. After all, why would something like this appear in front of her. 

Placing her lips on the whistle, her lungs blow out the remainder of her air flow into the device and waited to see what would be brought forth. Since it was so close to the sea, maybe a sea serpent, or a water carbuncle, or maybe a Sea Elf guardian! The music that flowed forth from the whistle was grungy, probably from the sand that resided deep within it. But she knew the magic called forth something. The skies began to darken, the waves churned violently and the atmosphere had a sort of static to the air. 

A chill ran down her neck as she watched the sea water start to ripple, gurgle, and swirl in anger. The winds, harsher now, as the melody of haunted songs continued to play in ritual around her initial casting. Tendrils, long thick grayish colored flesh pulled itself out from the sea, and it wasn’t just one. She was horrified, her lips gaping open over the whistle’s mount as she stared. 

She wasn’t expecting something so horrifying. She wasn’t anticipating something from sheer legend to start amassing, taller and taller than even the buildings behind her. The fleshy bulge of gray-black skin, greasy with some kind of oil or thick mucous, and lots of teeth—horrifying to look at. Some beach goers who happened to be nearby saw the creature emerge in front of her, their screams were drowned out shortly after with the thwacks of tendrils, and then muddled by the squishy sounds of crunching bones in it’s horrendous unhinged jaw. 

Her hands shook, holding the summoning horn and realized that this was probably her last moments. It’s glowing eyes, golden yellow snapped to attention on her petite form, and for a split second she could have sworn it gave her a sickening smile. It was as if it was glad to have found her. 

She could feel the shifting of the sand around her, the suction cups of its tendrils dancing around her body as it slipped by her legs and arms. It’s shadow over compassed her with ease. 

“Ymg' ah ahf' mgepuln ya orr'enah?” 

She still still in abject horror. 

“L' uln fahf ehye, ah quite vulgtmah.” Her body was suddenly squeezed upon, she could feel some of her bones creaking from the amount of pressure wrapping around her. She felt her feet being pulled up from the coarse, wet sand as the clouds thundered ominously. 

Oh no-oh no-Oh no I can’t believe I summoned Cthul— She looked down in abject horror, her hands dropped the horn into the sands below as she was brought closer to it’s open maw. 

0